US Politics Thread | Page 483 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Voter fraud!

Fire officials in Los Angeles are investigating a fire that was apparently set inside a metal ballot drop-off box in the Baldwin Park area of the city.

The fire was discovered on Sunday night, officials said.

Fire-fighters placed a hose into the box to put out the fire, and used a chainsaw get inside and remove the burned ballots. An estimated 60 to 100 damaged ballots are now in the custody of police.

The incident comes amid controversy over the ballot boxes in California. The state's Republican party has set up collection boxes, which are falsely labelled "official".

California's top legal officials have called the boxes illegal, but so far the Republicans say they have no plans to remove them.

By the way, today is also the last day for Californians to register to vote.

BBC ticker

I am just as ignorant of most of the system as everyone else, I just know a handful of 'big things'.

The latest thing I've learned is Mitch McConnell basically a real-life supervillain. It sounds like he has found a way to consolidate power and built a system that comes to gridlock. Almost like death by a thousand cuts, the man was playing 3D chess while everyone else fought over which colour tie to follow into battle.

Their system is a complex one designed to only allow change when there is overwhelming support for it. Having two elected houses of parliament and an independent president gives likelihood to having one of those 3 controlled by the opposition and blocking any new laws.

The British system is better because the Prime Minister must have the support of Parliament. The House of Lords is a terrible idea though and puts those toffs above the law.

US President Donald Trump has a Chinese bank account and spent years pursuing business projects in the country, the New York Times has reported.
The account is controlled by Trump International Hotels Management and paid local taxes between 2013 and 2015.
It was set up "to explore the potential for hotel deals in Asia", according to a Trump spokesman.
Mr Trump has been critical of US firms doing business in China and sparked a trade war between the two countries.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54625422

:please:

I know nothing about the Proud Boys, but the leader Gavin McInnes was born in Hitchin - that place near Luton - to Scottish parents, and grew up in Canada. He seems quite influential in American politics for a fraud

Last edited:
“the former New York mayor and current personal attorney to Donald Trump is seen reaching into his trousers and apparently touching his genitals while reclining on a bed in the presence of the actor playing Borat’s daughter.”

There’s an American guy on BBC news 24, talking about “Keys” which I didn’t really understand. Anyway he uses these keys to predict elections results, and called Trump winning in 2016 right - he reckoned that ANY republican would’ve won that election. He reckons that Trump actually appeals to a very low voter base, he doesn’t have the widespread appeal of a Reagan type.

He doesn’t think Trump will do it this time which backs up the polls and the odds, due to Trump being the incumbent and resorting to the 2016 playbook won’t work this time round.

Not at odds with the posts in here of course but hearing it from the other side of the pond I guess is reassuring.

There’s an American guy on BBC news 24, talking about “Keys” which I didn’t really understand. Anyway he uses these keys to predict elections results, and called Trump winning in 2016 right - he reckoned that ANY republican would’ve won that election. He reckons that Trump actually appeals to a very low voter base, he doesn’t have the widespread appeal of a Reagan type.

He doesn’t think Trump will do it this time which backs up the polls and the odds, due to Trump being the incumbent and resorting to the 2016 playbook won’t work this time round.

Not at odds with the posts in here of course but hearing it from the other side of the pond I guess is reassuring.

The bookies have him at more than 2/1 to win a two horse race. It's over.

I suspect that there will be a very strong swing against Trump. The Democrats might sweep the boards.

The question is, will the Democrats break with precedent and go after him for all of the corruption etc while in office?

The bookies have him at more than 2/1 to win a two horse race. It's over.

I suspect that there will be a very strong swing against Trump. The Democrats might sweep the boards.

The question is, will the Democrats break with precedent and go after him for all of the corruption etc while in office?

Yes, I get the bookies have him long odds just an alternative view other than odds or opinion polls.

The bookies got it wrong 4 years ago, but the context this guy adds is that it was completely different circumstances.

I read that they edited the earlier footage where he had been miked up and was tucking his shirt back in to make it look like he was putting his hand down his trews.

But who knows...