US Politics Thread | Page 401 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Trump claims 1775 revolutionary army 'took over airports' – video
Donald Trump made an awkward blunder during his speech on Independence Day, praising the army, which he said “took over the airports” from the British during the revolutionary war in the late 1700s.
Trump made the mistake during his hour-long speech at the Lincoln memorial in Washington DC as part of his 4th of July “Salute to America” celebrations, which saw him become the first US president in nearly 70 years to address the country on Independence Day.

It sounds like he's reading that.

Former US Secretary of State Colin Powell has strongly criticised President Donald Trump's handling of anti-racism protests, saying he has "drifted away" from the constitution.

The Republican, a former top military officer, is the latest to condemn Mr Trump's response, including his threats to use the army to quell rallies.

He said he would vote for Democratic candidate Joe Biden in November's poll

President Donald Trump's eldest son and grandson took a hunting trip to Mongolia last year that reportedly cost US taxpayers over $75,000 (£59,000).

Donald Trump Jr shot a rare mountain sheep and met the country's president, according to the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (Crew).
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52999375

Drain that swamp - less expensive Government...or something or other?

He also said what Lincoln did for the slaves was "questionable", as he said he'd done more for blacks than any other President.
Yes, he implied that Lincoln's assassination suggested as much ("the end result").

“I think I’ve done more for the black community than any other president, and let’s take a pass on Abraham Lincoln because he did good, although it’s always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result.”

When you think he can't get any more self-absorbed, he manages to knock it out the park again. It's fascinating really, I've never seen anything like it.

I'm sure one of us has said it before, but from a purely psychological aspect Trump/politics in this country, is a fantastic real live case study in motion.

Also announced yesterday that they're repealing a series of laws brought in by Obama meant to protect gays, lesbians and trans people from discrimination in health care. From my limited understanding it essentially means that if a Dr or other health care professional has some sort of objection to treating a patient because they are gay or whatever they don't have to.

Seems like one of those things they'll be trumpeting as "freedom" when in reality its just shitting over a group they don't like. By the time this tosser and the people around him are done any progress any group that aren't straight white guys have made in the past 50 odd years will have been dismantled.

Also seems more than coincidental that they announced this exactly 2 years after a lunatic went beserk and shot up a gay nightclub. Much like his rally in Tulsa its all designed to let the right people know he's on their side and that the others can fuck right off. Can totally understand why people over there have had enough. That whole rotten bunch need chasing out.