US Politics Thread | Page 210 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

I said when he was elected, the only way he'll Make America Great Again is by uniting the country against him lol and it appears to be happening now even if some are still holding out. I'm not sure Pence could in those circumstances re a pardon - I honestly don't know.

I was just curious since Nixon got pardon'd but I don't know the details of that either so just speculating.

He has 100% united a lot of people but at the same time just pushed the ones who were already racist and the like even further to the extreme. It's a weird country.

Me neither - those sorts of details are beyond me - just seems weird to pardon in that fashion, as from what I remember the talk of Trump pardoning himself (the offspring) had to come prior to charges taking place but I think he'd still have to walk legally.

Then again Clinton was impeached and carried on serving didn't he?

Very weird with the religion/party lines but he seems to be losing even his core now slowly.

UK and America indulging a some bear-poking again...

The cyberwar between the west and Russia has escalated after the UK and the US issued a joint alert accusing Moscow of mounting a “malicious” internet offensive that appeared to be aimed at espionage, stealing intellectual property and laying the foundation for an attack on infrastructure.

Senior security officials in the US and UK held a rare joint conference call to directly blame the Kremlin for targeting government institutions, private sector organisations and infrastructure, and internet providers supporting these sectors.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...uk-blame-russia-for-malicious-cyber-offensive

President Donald Trump and his longtime attorney Michael Cohen both lost a court challenge related to the FBI’s seizure of Cohen’s documents they both claim are protected by attorney-client privilege.

U.S. District Court Judge Kimba Wood denied the requests and ruled that prosecutors will get first access to the information, followed by Cohen’s defense team ten days later. Wood noted that she has not yet decided whether she will appoint a special master in the case at all.

“It’s not that you’re not good people,” Wood told Cohen’s attorneys on Monday afternoon, near the end of the two-hour proceeding. “It’s that you’ve miscited the law.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge...hen-over-fbi-raid-youve-miscited-the-law.html

It doesn't bode well regarding the Lawyers Trump is left with. "You’ve Miscited the Law". Surely, they should have known that before they filed?

I know many have refused to work for him, so maybe the quality of those left is just that poor?

Chancers who don't care after the money/poor or hellishly pressured (to give them some credit) would be my guess. Either way, not what I'd class as top notch but the whole thing is last second, larch and have a stab to disrupt to me....as opposed to an organised plan.

I think they're already at it. Colbert had a dig last night, and SNL got De Niro and Stiller back to play Mueller and Cohen.

Any reasonable man would have stepped down by now, for the sake of the Country he says he loves. Of course, we know he's nowhere near reasonable.

Those two were filmed prior to latest developments, so should get their take next week.

Reasonable is about 10 letters too much to ask isn't it.

LOL. Absolutely.

It's too long a word for Donny to understand, anyway.

I see wages haven't increased any more than usual, despite Trump promising that his Corporate tax cuts would be passed on to employees. Funnily enough, they used the windfall to pay higher Dividends and buy shares back. Funny how we could predict that, but Trump didn't?

Curious that but people are waking up to it slowly it seems. Was never in doubt was it.

Mara lago with his mates - I've just saved you a bunch of money.