US Politics Thread | Page 400 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Swings and roundabouts mate - you can't have everything.

Even if Trump's intelligence probably suits swings and roundabouts more than anything else in life.

Jim Mattis putting the boot in on Trump - fair play to him as well. Trump responds in typical fashion by name calling.

Ex-US Defence Secretary James Mattis has denounced President Donald Trump, saying he deliberately stokes division.

He said he was "angry and appalled" by Mr Trump's handling of ongoing protests over the death of African American George Floyd at the hands of police.

Mr Mattis berated Mr Trump's "abuse of authority" - and backed protesters seeking to uphold American values, as did ex-President Barack Obama.

Mr Trump described Mr Mattis as an "overrated general".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52915816

He really is beyond stupid, isn't he? Or is he on the wind up? Who can tell?

“Hopefully, George is looking down right and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country. It’s a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody.”

200w.webp

He really is beyond stupid, isn't he? Or is he on the wind up? Who can tell?

I saw this same twitter thread earlier. Honestly think he must be trying to wind people up. I'd almost prefer that than think he's so profoundly thick that he believes what he's saying.

Replies under it also encapsulate all that's wrong with a lot of modern politics. People chiming in going on about the "context" of his comments as if anything else he would have said would have made this better. I've seen the rest btw and no it doesn't. Hard to believe that at least some of the people trying to defend him haven't watched it all either.

Its all become too much like football. You have your team and back them matter what they do. Except in football you end up with backing your side despite not thinking that a squad that has Henri Lansbury and Jota in isn't premier league material whilst in politics you end up making bad faith arguments on behalf of a mentally challenged wannabe fascist or a gurning posh boy whose overseen 40k deaths.

Even if someone does say something, Trump would just ignore them.

I did a double take when I first caught it, the wrong reaction is to just laugh, but I'm at that stage now.

I also laughed, aswell as a Victor Meldrew " I dont believe it".
When he comes out with this sort of stuff you have to start to wonder if he is losing it.

I can’t tell if he’s lost it and is just talking as it comes into his head which is probably the most logical explanation.

Or whether he’s poking the bear in terms of the protestors on the streets to escalate it further.

I posted in the other thread, watching that made me laugh, but equally it’s absolutely disgusting to talk about a murdered man like than that, when he has no right to talk about him in relation to the job market of all things for his own campaign.

It makes perfect sense he's lost it, but as you say Dan, the man is such scum we know stoking the fire like this for his own benefit has been in his wheelhouse since he shat on his dad for the overall company.

Just when you think he can't have anymore insane remarks to come out with he proves us wrong and does

If he does lose to Biden in November (Please God) I bet they struggle to get him out of the White House and he won't attend the inauguration

Trump claims 1775 revolutionary army 'took over airports' – video
Donald Trump made an awkward blunder during his speech on Independence Day, praising the army, which he said “took over the airports” from the British during the revolutionary war in the late 1700s.
Trump made the mistake during his hour-long speech at the Lincoln memorial in Washington DC as part of his 4th of July “Salute to America” celebrations, which saw him become the first US president in nearly 70 years to address the country on Independence Day.