Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 9 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

Who would you sign as a no2 or no. 3 goalkeeper and how much would they cost? If you spend money on goalkeepers then it will probably mean you cant spend the money elsewhere.......mind you we could get new owners with serious resources to back the football club
Nyland is made of glass and McGovern is ancient.
I'd rather have barden as a backup but he'll probably get loaned out.
After 2 promotions in 3 years, the Smith's are running out of excuses of not buying the players we need.
Every time they do find an excuse just reinforces why self funding does not work.

That allows the big pay out for next season of being in premier league to spend on players then.

the 2021-22 Prem money is already in my calculation above.

Last time without covid 19 revenue would have been around £130m

take off wages £89m (from the last prem season)

cash other costs £18.4m (from last prem season)

Sub total - "surplus" £22.6m

then subtract what we owe to other clubs re. players less what is owed to NCFC re players £8m

then subtract short term loan £10.46m

Left over "surplus" £4.14m

What I actually did was put the "fall out" from last season + this seasons figures then subtracted contingency payments due on promotion, e.g. promotion bonuses and transfer fees re players (except GI who wasnt involved when the 2020 Annual Report was published) I then subtracted £6.2m for GI. and added the Prem surplus.

Overall effect after signing Gibson, GI and Quintilla (if we do) there is not much left.....hence I keep going on about having to sell a gem in order to buy other players.

If we do sell a so called gem ( say £ 40 million ) the Smiffs will not even spend a quarter of that to buy new players so we should try to keep all the players we have and want.

Agreed Kev. We will be reliant on togetherness as they will be no star names coming in to the squad. All I was trying to point out is that regardless of millions coming in from sales of Airons and Emi, do not anticipate all the money being spent on replacements. It will be a fraction of the income being spent as the crazy self funding policy will continue.

The problem is that the Smiffs haven’t got the money to run a Premier League Club ( arnt we financially the poorest club in the Championship ?) , so they will use Prem income and transfer fees to cover their own shortfall in cash . Remember when Smiff announced that the fans would be disappointed to hear that they would not sell the club ?..... so expect most of the income to prop up their ownership so they can hand it on to nephew Tom

We are virtually promoted and the ' know all ' Webber always says there are 2 plans for the next season. Well there just needs to be one plan for next season in terms of ambition and budget. Spend all the premier league income available on giving us the very best chance to avoid relegation.

It doesnt help that we are still paying the wages of the following next season
unless we somehow manage to offload them during the summer:

Drimic
Leitner
Trybull
Heise
Thompson

If we get promoted then presumably we will be paying them Prem. rates too. Probably £6m+ incl. NIC.

They are rich enough anyway. I just cannot see how any player can sit and do nothing for 2 years in a short career when they could be leaving and play.

It doesnt help that we are still paying the wages of the following next season
unless we somehow manage to offload them during the summer:

Drimic
Leitner
Trybull
Heise
Thompson

If we get promoted then presumably we will be paying them Prem. rates too. Probably £6m+ incl. NIC.

That’s probably the same situation with many clubs .... It’s just the likes of the Smiffs who would use excuses like that to not buy the players we will desperately need . I wonder how long it will be before the old ‘we don’t want to get our fingers burnt ‘ excuse will be trotted out to not buy the essential quality players ?

They are rich enough anyway. I just cannot see how any player can sit and do nothing for 2 years in a short career when they could be leaving and play.

Well the last three have been on loan all season but I doubt we get much
loan income for them. Likewise with Drimic.

Players not going out on loan are doing an Ozil!

I guess Webber will be scouring the market right now. Looking for suitable free players.
Webber and his team normally have deals sorted so I expect that he has done this but I agree I hope that if he hasn't then he is now that we are up. Like I mentioned before the fact we are all but up puts us in a better position. I also guess that if we want to poach any championship players we will have to wait until their positions are confirmed but I can imagine we'd be buy any expensive championship or other players.

I think it will be cheap foreign players as long as they pass the foreign points stuff, freebie players and youngster a for the u23 and u18 squad with the exception of one big (for our standard) buy...byram was that in the prem.

The dear old Smiffs won’t want to ‘ risk the future of the club ‘ so just like last time we went up we will be looking at clowns like Drimic , when we should be looking at either Toney or Jamal Lowe ...which we won’t do