Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 10 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

Common sense says buy good quality players. If you stay up the big income of premier league remains and if relegated sell for profit.
If Smiffs buy more Drimics we are likely to go down and unable to shift them and then paying wages for players not in squad.

Naive incase you are wondering!
Had enough time to plan for this tilt at the premier lge, there are no excuses, weve got no debt, good assets, player and a manager with Prem experience, great fan base and stadium is decent enough, no reason why we cant establish ourselves if it is gone about it the right way

Agreed Kev. We will be reliant on togetherness as they will be no star names coming in to the squad. All I was trying to point out is that regardless of millions coming in from sales of Airons and Emi, do not anticipate all the money being spent on replacements. It will be a fraction of the income being spent as the crazy self funding policy will continue.
I do see where you are coming from DG. Surely they are intelligent enough to know that from past experience, self funding can work in the championship but NOT in the PREMIER LEAGUE ( that's why it is at a Premium). They have already saved enough from previous sales to offset covid losses and earnings from top flight membership cover next seasons costs so All revenue from player sales MUST be used for top quality replacements. Surely SW and Co must see this. It is definitely not rocket science.

Last edited:
Agreed Kev.
Unfortunately the common factor in not learning from mistakes is the Smiffs.
They are not dedicated to keeping in premier league and will surely control the
finances. Maybe SW and DF will leave if they are shortchanged again.

The Smiffs have been boxed into a corner with this promotion. The excuses they dished out to fans about the last promotion ( ‘ it was unexpected’ and ‘we cant put the club at risk’ and ‘ we are a self funded club) won’t wash this time round , and failure next season may see the last of the Smiff loving fans see the Smiffs for what they are .. selfish owners who are hanging on to the club that they can’t afford to run so they can hand it on to Sleepy Time Tom .
With this promotion it is now time for a change so we can become an established Prem Club with new investment,

I see a Sheffield based website has us being interested in Giorgos Giakoumakis. The Greece international has powered his way to 24 goals in 28 league games for Dutch top tier side VVV-Venlo this season.

I see a Sheffield based website has us being interested in Giorgos Giakoumakis. The Greece international has powered his way to 24 goals in 28 league games for Dutch top tier side VVV-Venlo this season.

The big question is why has this player suddenly started scoring goals this season? He hardly scored a goal in other seasons..

Eintracht Frankfurt apparently have DF on their top candidates for the manager job. DF has a year left but apparently their is a one year break clause which he could activate if he wants to leave.

DF has always come across as loyal to the club and he has said he will see out his contract before when linked, but if true that their is a break clause he might be tempted. I can't see it. I think he wants another go at the premiership.

We are interested in Celtic defender Kris Ajer ..... now that’s a nice early start !
Big lad at 6'5. Looks like another Zimmermann. Will be tough for is with AC Milan and Newcastle also interested. Fits the DF bill as he can and has played in many positions including right back and central midfield.