Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

I like Danjuma from bmouth, should try raid those clubs for best talent as well if the fail to go up

Not much Prem League experience: 6 starts + 8 subs or the other way round.
0 goals in the Prem.

I was surprised at these stats as I thought he played more for AFC B.'s first team last season.

Cant see money being spent on a LW unless Cantwell or Argos departs.

Not much Prem League experience: 6 starts + 8 subs or the other way round.
0 goals in the Prem.

I was surprised at these stats as I thought he played more for AFC B.'s first team last season.

Cant see money being spent on a LW unless Cantwell or Argos departs.
Thats true but i think hes a real talent as well as chair from qpr and olise of reading plus worral at forest. No reason why we cant buy these types plus add prem exp players such as cahills etc etc who know how to keep us up

Thats true but i think hes a real talent as well as chair from qpr and olise of reading plus worral at forest. No reason why we cant buy these types plus add prem exp players such as cahills etc etc who know how to keep us up

After we have signed GI., Gibson and possibly Quintilla, we will have to sell at least one gem (Aarons?) to buy any other players. Given this surely it make sense to concentrate any money that might become available on signing players in key positions that badly need reinforcement, e.g., DM (if we dont get Skipp back on loan), Central attacking midfielder (no. 10).

After we have signed GI., Gibson and possibly Quintilla, we will have to sell at least one gem (Aarons?) to buy any other players. Given this surely it make sense to concentrate any money that might become available on signing players in key positions that badly need reinforcement, e.g., DM (if we dont get Skipp back on loan), Central attacking midfielder (no. 10).
Wheres the money from godfrey lewis etc and 2 lots of promo money?!

Yes those areas must come first but theres got to be enough money now after selling max too to cover the lot and some

The Smiffs will find one don’t worry . The Covid card is bound to be played and I fully expect us to hear phrases like ‘ Self funded club’ and ‘we can’t risk the future of the club’ being trotted out

Seriously though , can anyone on here really see the Smiths really grabbing this golden chance we have been given with this impending promotion ? Can anyone see them seeking investment in the club and maybe stepping down to a Presidentsl role , or will this hard fought promotion be thrown away like every other one the Smiths have been involved in ?

Last edited:
It may be different this time round as this is a planned promotion whereas last time was not anticipated. We were the only premier league club of those who published their accounts that made a profit.

It may be different this time round as this is a planned promotion whereas last time was not anticipated. We were the only premier league club of those who published their accounts that made a profit.
Also, you'd hope the fact that with a part of the season to go and us having all but clinched promotion that we would have scouted and spoken with future players.

Also, I am sure Webber wouldn't want another relegation on his CV before he leaves as this might put a slight stain on his record.

Reactions: Rex
Who would you sign as a no2 or no. 3 goalkeeper and how much would they cost? If you spend money on goalkeepers then it will probably mean you cant spend the money elsewhere.......mind you we could get new owners with serious resources to back the football club
I would say we would need a new one as I don't rate McGovern or Nyland. Oxborough has bee out all season and Barden probably needs a loan out before being a number 2 in Premiership.

For me I would let Nyland go, Offer McGovern a new deal as a coach/player (can be a number 3/4) and go out and get a number 2 or if they want to save money and because I like using youth put Mair/Oxborough (if can prove fitness) as number 2.....but for me go out and get a good number two to push Krul.

I am not sure we will sign Xavi and I don't think we should. I would go with Gio and McCallum at LB with Byram being around as 3rd choice. Sorensen would be destroyed in the prem at left back I think.

If Aarons goes (he might want to stay) then Mumba and Byram as our only RBs would be a risk. We would need to go and buy a new RB.

Wheres the money from godfrey lewis etc and 2 lots of promo money?!

Off the top of my head
Gibson £8m + £2m loan fee
GI. £6.2m + £0.45m loan fee
Quintilla £2.7m

Add ons
eg Hugill part of £2.5m due to promotion
Dowell part of say £2m due to promotion
Plachetta part of £1.2m due to promotion

Covid 19 £12m of revenue we missed out on THIS season

Promotion bonuses say £10m

2 lots of promo money ... long gone on promotion bonuses, wages (£89m last season)