Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 119 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

It makes me so angry. He could easily be the best number 8 in the world. He's just thick as pigshit.
Best number 8 bus.
That's about it.

I think he was one of those players who had half a decent season in a mediocre league as a youngster. Chucked in a few moments in high profiles matches. Then, everyone lost their perspective, agents waded in, coaches wanted a new Pogba who wasn't a waster and lauded N'Dom as that player.
He's done nothing for any club he's played for and even less on the international stage.

He turned into the player he was always destined to be.

Shall we start a sweepstake for which players' contract Spurs will have to terminate so to not break loan laws? It's gotta be Ndombele, surely?
I posted earlier in the thread that I'd worked it out after driving myself mad trying to find the info. It's only international loans that count towards our total during the grace period the FA has to get their own loan rules in line with UEFA's.

So the 7 max loans is only applicable to players we send outside the prem/EFL... Meaning we can do 3 more international loans, or as many across the English football pyramid as we want as long as no more than 2 to any one club, and that the club hasn't loaned too many in themselves from elsewhere.

From July 2025 the FA will have to fall in line with the UEFA rules, meaning we will only be allowed to loan out a maximum of 6 players. Only exemptions will have to be club trained AND under 21.

I posted earlier in the thread that I'd worked it out after driving myself mad trying to find the info. It's only international loans that count towards our total during the grace period the FA has to get their own loan rules in line with UEFA's.

So the 7 max loans is only applicable to players we send outside the prem/EFL... Meaning we can do 3 more international loans, or as many across the English football pyramid as we want as long as no more than 2 to any one club, and that the club hasn't loaned too many in themselves from elsewhere.

From July 2025 the FA will have to fall in line with the UEFA rules, meaning we will only be allowed to loan out a maximum of 6 players. Only exemptions will have to be club trained AND under 21.

Oooooh sorry mate, I missed that. That's good to know we have wiggle room for Gil who needs a move!

Apparently Leeds do want to make the move permanent this month if possible.
It doesn't surprise me FYE is close by for many clubs and many clubs are sailing close to the wind and making sure that their balance sheets are solid and not open to an interpretation that could but them in danger.

(I know Leeds are below and the rules are slightly different) but at least 11 PL clubs are also concerned about it, and dont want to wake up next January in the sort of position Notts Forest and Everton are in.

It's another reason why, so far, we're the only club PL that's spent significant sums so far.

It doesn't surprise me FYE is close by for many clubs and many clubs are sailing close to the wind and making sure that their balance sheets are solid and not open to an interpretation that could but them in danger.

(I know Leeds are below and the rules are slightly different) but at least 11 PL clubs are also concerned about it, and dont want to wake up next January in the sort of position Notts Forest and Everton are in.

It's another reason why, so far, we're the only club PL that's spent significant sums so far.
"At least 11 clubs concerned." That would be interesting. Over half the PL clubs infringe the financial regulations, all get a similar penalty, which would, in effect, cancel each other out.

Unless buy/sell deals are suddenly done (which I doubt); this must be close to ranking to the lowest spend EPL in January for years.
We might be about to see a correction in terms of numeration packages that clubs offer aswell.

Clubs in other European leagues simply can’t afford to sign/loan players from PL clubs unless a percentage of their wages are paid. The Sancho deal is a classic example or a closer to home example would be Ndombele.
It’s a model that’s frankly unsustainable IF you want to be successful in the long term.

"At least 11 clubs concerned." That would be interesting. Over half the PL clubs infringe the financial regulations, all get a similar penalty, which would, in effect, cancel each other out.

Might change the table quite a bit though, depending on placements of those clubs.

Until the Man City and Chelsea cases are seen to, the fans will continue to not like what is happening. The media (and Sky especially) won't be liking the limit activity either. Not good financially at all for them. Transfer windows are important business.

Might change the table quite a bit though, depending on placements of those clubs.

Until the Man City and Chelsea cases are seen to, the fans will continue to not like what is happening. The media (and Sky especially) won't be liking the limit activity either. Not good financially at all for them. Transfer windows are important business.
City and Chelsea are different situations and in City's case at least far far more serious. I don't know how they resolve it because in all honesty what City are accused of should result in title stripping and automatic relegation... but can we see that happening?

City and Chelsea are different situations and in City's case at least far far more serious. I don't know how they resolve it because in all honesty what City are accused of should result in title stripping and automatic relegation... but can we see that happening?

Very different cases, but optically, the fans only see "lesser" clubs being punished for "smaller" issues, whereas the "bigger" clubs with much more serious issues plod along without punishment.

I understand the differences, but most fans don't and don't really care. Therefore it really does become a PR issue where fans will start to push back on the PL.

Rebrov signed for the wrong club at the wrong time.
He was a great player.
Just too quick of a thinker for the Midfielders he had behind him for us at the time.
I was at his debut and we all said at the time 'He's too good for us'.
He was making runs and shaking his head at the tatics we were playing.

Lad couldn't finish a cornetto.