Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 121 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

Gil to Brighton on loan, not sure we can loan anymore?
wouldn't bet my mortgage on it but from quite a lot of research the answer I found was I don't think there's a limit on loans within the English football pyramid til July 2025 when the FA have to fall in line with the new FIFA rules. So we're only limited on how many loans we can do to foreign clubs, and we're not at the limit for that yet.

I was definitely convinced for a while we'd fucked up the counting again like we did with Doherty though.

Seeing lots of reports that Nusa deal all agreed. Let's hope this gets announced soon. I think this will be a real coup.
They're wrong, we've finally agreed terms with his camp, but his club as of yesterday were being difficult, but normally once we agree terms with the players, they quickly capitulate. As always, I'm led to believe it's fighting over the sell on clauses.

wouldn't bet my mortgage on it but from quite a lot of research the answer I found was I don't think there's a limit on loans within the English football pyramid til July 2025 when the FA have to fall in line with the new FIFA rules. So we're only limited on how many loans we can do to foreign clubs, and we're not at the limit for that yet.

I was definitely convinced for a while we'd fucked up the counting again like we did with Doherty though.
Gotcha, that makes more sense as it was Chelsea gaming the system with feeder clubs.

Gotcha, that makes more sense as it was Chelsea gaming the system with feeder clubs.
not just Chelsea - couple clubs were at it.

From 2025 the rule is pretty harsh. Only 6 loans per club maximum unless the players are club trained and under 21.

Realistically means there's going to be a lot more dodgy deals to get youth players in and not loan them out til they've been at a club for 3 years so they can count as club trained.