Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 118 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

We're being linked with multiple 18 year olds ahead of the window closing.

Makes sense as if we get them on the books, in 3 years they can count as HG at club. Something we currently have a problem with.

We have been recruiting and behaving in much the same way the red bull teams have and I like it.
That’s a great point Barns and makes perfect sense if you think about it?

Home grown players are hyper inflated so targeting the best 18 year olds from abroad is a very good way of getting around the homegrown rule without paying ridiculous money to do so.

Obviously developing our own is paramount but this tactic certainly won’t hurt either. Sarr is a great example of this.

Our club certain seem to be doing a lot of things right at the moment. Long may it continue!

Not sure if this the correct page, but to hell wiv it lol!

Was reading about 3 Spurs youth players having just signed their 1st Pro Contracts.....

Herbie James
Callum Logan
Damola Ajayi

Any of you who follow the youth set up, do you know out about those 3?
I've seen quite a bit of Ajayi and he often underwhelms me. I haven't seen James or Logan play to comment on.

That’s a great point Barns and makes perfect sense if you think about it?

Home grown players are hyper inflated so targeting the best 18 year olds from abroad is a very good way of getting around the homegrown rule without paying ridiculous money to do so.

Obviously developing our own is paramount but this tactic certainly won’t hurt either. Sarr is a great example of this.

Our club certain seem to be doing a lot of things right at the moment. Long may it continue!
Just wish we woud keep our searches more secret - but then maybe it is their agents that keep spilling the beans .. there should be some sort of secacy document signed by both parties once transfer negotiations start.... not we did this they did that etc.

The only thing that does my head in .. is the numerous media links that are added every day making our anchor chain so hard to pull up when we want to set sail. So hard to know what it true and what is false - luckily my son's put me right over our evening mealtime chats.

Whatever Newcastle do at this point is going to look very shady, especially when selling to the Saudi league. They have a very large squad and a lot of those players are in the latter stages of their careers. Selling Tripp is a very odd move at this stage as they are losing guaranteed assists. It's a situation I am so thankful we aren't in!

Perhaps it's time for Livramento to own that RB berth. He's 21 now and seems to have overcome the big injury. He cant be happy on the bench or filling in at LB.

I’m being serious here ….. do we actually owe Ndombele anything .
Should we be putting arms around him , and getting him into rehabilitation, getting his head sorted out , because at the moment he isn’t good for anything and we are talking enough money here to build a new hospital .

It is criminal .

Ndombele is a problem that is not going to go away .
He has a contract, it will end, and if I were his agent, given how poorly he has fared with his loans, I'd be warning my client that his days of high earnings are rapidly being eaten up. Unless a DOF who is deaf, dumb and blind comes in for him, I'd wait until Spurs put him up for sale for less than £10mil...then some lunatic will watch his old video's and take the plunge...

Someone somewhere will believe they can unlock him, and I suspect that will happen as long as you wire his jaw shut and extract him from his entourage and stick him on a deserted Island with only a couple of trainers and physio's to keep him busy everyday.

Last edited:
He has a contract, it will end, and if I were his agent, given how poorly he has fared with his loans, I'd be warning my client that his days of high earnings are rapidly being eaten up. Unless a DOF who is deaf, dumb and blind comes in for him, I'd wait until Spurs put him up for sale for less than £10mil...then some lunatic will watch his old video's and take the plunge...

Someone somewhere will believe they can unlock him, and I suspect that will happen as long as you wire his jaw shut and extract him from his entourage and stick him on a deserted Island with only a couple of trainers and physio's to keep him busy everyday.

He doesn't want it. He wants to slump around with his entourage, acting all "big I am". He won't realise what he had until everything comes crashing down around him. His last chance for money will be the Saudi league, and even they may be reluctant to get him.

He doesn't want it. He wants to slump around with his entourage, acting all "big I am". He won't realise what he had until everything comes crashing down around him. His last chance for money will be the Saudi league, and even they may be reluctant to get him.
If he doesn't know it by now, he never will.

He was told, have a good loan and the door is open for you, Ange like us, thought he could be a special talent and so our door was left ajar.

That door is how almost certainly slammed shut. By all accounts, we are just hoping some fool will bid for him.

Last edited: