Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 175 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Shame Aurier goes before Doherty.

Aurier is a much better RB and has proven it with the performances we’ve seen from both of them.

Midfield is going to be our problem, realistically we have 3 players in the squad that needed replacing. Winks, Dele, Ndombele. That’s what will cost us in the end

Something doesnt add up on the Aurier deal. Willian just did the same with Arsenal. He is about 45 though. Aurier cost us £25m, was pretty rubbish all things considered and would walk in 12mths time. Surely we could have found a club willing to do a swap for 12mths with a nice AM we could try and work with. To just call it quits stinks a little to me.

He turned down 3 options. He wanted his payout. Nothing more to it than that.

Agreeing here with Nick and Hobo , it does seem a strange decision just to cancel his contract .
It was in the papers , and quoted by Hart himself , that Nuno told Jie Hart that as long as he was in charge ,, he wouldn’t kick a ball again for this club .
Maybe Aurier was told the same …… he was prone to ( Greavsie !) airheadedness , and his lack of concentration has cost us in the past .

If he was told , as Danny Rose was , to find another club ,, but didn’t bother , it would sort of go some way towards it .
EX has said that three clubs were interested but apparently he wasn’t .
I hope the door didn’t bang him on the arse as he walked out !

Shouldn't he have to buy himself out if he rejects moves that compensate the club ?
I suspect he would have rejected that option too. And the club can't unilaterally annul his contract. Not without paying him the remainder.

The alternative was to leave him out of the squad, excluded from training with the first team etc. But they would still have to pay a years' salary.

As to his transfer fee: he's 4 years into his contract so hasn't his amortised value gone to near zero now?

I think canceling his contract was the least worst option in the circumstances.

I suspect he would have rejected that option too. And the club can't unilaterally annul his contract. Not without paying him the remainder.

The alternative was to leave him out of the squad, excluded from training with the first team etc. But they would still have to pay a years' salary.

As to his transfer fee: he's 4 years into his contract so hasn't his amortised value gone to near zero now?

Spot on. I can't see how any fan can objectively judge whether it was a good or bad deal unless we know the terms of the separation agreement.

Perhaps we'll read it in Serge's autobiography one day. I know Greavsie will be first to buy a copy :LOL:

It was definitely the best thing for the player. Aurier does not want to sit there and not have any chance of playing. He knows how Nuno feels about him so why stay and give your all for a manager that has shown he does not want you. It's also good for the club as Aurier is well liked in the club and his friends seeing him treated differently might cause some upset within the dressing room.

It was definitely the best thing for the player. Aurier does not want to sit there and not have any chance of playing. He knows how Nuno feels about him so why stay and give your all for a manager that has shown he does not want you. It's also good for the club as Aurier is well liked in the club and his friends seeing him treated differently might cause some upset within the dressing room.

It's also particularly good for the club that we never have to see him in a spurs shirt again.

Something doesnt add up on the Aurier deal. Willian just did the same with Arsenal. He is about 45 though. Aurier cost us £25m, was pretty rubbish all things considered and would walk in 12mths time. Surely we could have found a club willing to do a swap for 12mths with a nice AM we could try and work with. To just call it quits stinks a little to me.
Does anyone seriously think that if Levy had a better option he wouldn't take it, IMO they have done this because it's in the best interest of the club

I know that at the end of 19/20 there were noises being made about him. The was a chance to sign him then. I got the season wrong. By the time the January window of the 20/21 season we were to late. Yes at the beginning of the 20/21 season his representative's were speaking to many of the elite clubs. I thought he was going to psg but I think real pounced to upset psg as well as getting one the best young players in the world.

PJ you're dreaming chap. I've just been listening to talk sport interviewing their European transfer expert, who absolutely confirmed what I said earlier to everyone - the bottom line is he had run his deal down on the promise of a move to Real Madrid. It's been planned for the last two years - we never ever had a hope of a look in.

Seriously, this might have been one of your signings but it was never ever on the cards for us, or anyone else in the PL.