Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 178 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

My own perception of Sess was that he had a reputation for being really quick. I've seen a couple of bursts from him but he always seems to be coming back from injury or scared to really go full throttle.
Did anyone see him light the after burners while on loan last season ?
If its his body letting him down I guess we will have to wait.
I did see an interview where he admitted he needs to be more confident and vocal with his teammates and on the pitch. He knows he is a bit quiet and withdrawn.
So we could have a physical and mental problem with him. I hope he makes it.

So I thought I would have a little look at how Paraticis Picks had fared and impacted our first 11 against Palace.
Gollini surely couldn't have done as badly as Lloris .
Royal had a tough baptism and was culpable for two goals, not a great start. I seem to remember Aurier owning Zaha previously but I could be wrong.
Romero defied the clubs wishes so wasn't available...thanks for that.
Gil wasn't deemed good enough by Nuno to start or make a difference as a sub. It may have been considered too physical for him ? We needed a game changer on the bench, you know like the one we swapped for him!!

So I thought I would have a little look at how Paraticis Picks had fared and impacted our first 11 against Palace.
Gollini surely couldn't have done as badly as Lloris .
Royal had a tough baptism and was culpable for two goals, not a great start. I seem to remember Aurier owning Zaha previously but I could be wrong.
Romero defied the clubs wishes so wasn't available...thanks for that.
Gil wasn't deemed good enough by Nuno to start or make a difference as a sub. It may have been considered too physical for him ? We needed a game changer on the bench, you know like the one we swapped for him!!

Gil has some flair and for me is a talent worth purchasing. Nuno is defensive minded and doesn't trust him yet.

I don't like the look of Goll. He looks a accident ready to happen.

Royal wasn't needed and looks weak postionally and has poor technique.

Romero has talent and if he can rein in his bookings he will be a good purchase. Not sure if he will cope with the physical side of the Premier league yet but will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not impressed to be honest. Buying all players from different leagues is a risk and rarely works here.

It's far too early to tell if they're up to the task or not. They need the guts of a season to settle to the pace & physicality of the game. Some never become accustomed to it. Let's keep our fingers crossed the lads can overcome any hurdles that may come their way & become a raging success (with us) for a change.

The learning curve is what i believe will hold us back this year. We can't expect the lads to all settle & hit the ground running, life just doesn't work like that.

I feel sorry for Paratici because I don't think these players were his first choice but the players he wanted did not want to come to us. The players we signed I am still not sure.
Romero I have not seen enough yet. I have watched video's but again it's hard to say as the Italian league is slower than ours and he looks good but very rash.
Gollini is a back up nothing more.
Gil looks talented but obviously not up to the EPL standard yet. I have been trying to watch as much as possible but I am not sure yet.
Emerson looked okay yesterday but just okay. Out of position a bit and not technically that good.
Sarr I am hoping he can keep progressing and be ready for us next season.
I am hoping Paratici can work during the closed window and move Harry on and bring in replacements. I just don't think it's good having a player around that doesn't want to be here

I don't feel sorry for Fabio at all. He is the one making the signings.

Nuno is the one with both hands tied behind his back. The 1st 11 is half decent when everyone is fit and on form. Add the injuries and you soon realise it's a weak squad.

No creativity and with Kane downing tools it's a very difficult job.

I don't feel sorry for Fabio at all. He is the one making the signings.

Nuno is the one with both hands tied behind his back. The 1st 11 is half decent when everyone is fit and on form. Add the injuries and you soon realise it's a weak squad.

No creativity and with Kane downing tools it's a very difficult job.

I'm with you. We have to remember that Paratici has been here 10 weeks. What in the hell did we expect in that amount of time?

We shouldn't forget how broken we were though. You don't fix what started breaking from 2017 in one summer. More like 2-3 years.

What we're learning is that whilst we did well offloading Toby, Rose, Sissoko, Lamela, Hart, Aurier etc there's another 2 or 3 culls of that magnitude to go.

I'm less worried about the newbies at the moment. More worried about some of our existing players, including the England captain.

We also need to establish our best team for the next phase of league games.

Fabrizio Romano on podcastherewego: "Tottenham are already looking at potential stikers for summer 2022."

Last edited:
We need to spend all of our available Jan money on a striker - Vlahovic

If that doesn't work then we need to spend all of our available Jan money on a centre mid - Neves

Also enabled by what Meee said.

I can get behind that...I didn't say do it all at once. One window go all out for Striker...next go all out for mid...keep strengthening

If that doesn't work then we need to spend all of our available Jan money on a centre mid - Neves

If Kane and Vlahovic's form continue on their current trajectory, the latter will be worth more than the former by January.

If we want to progress this is the strategy we need to follow. You can't just buy potential and expect to progress.

We are now at the stage where any signing we make they need to be 1st 11 quality. If that means one signing a transfer window so be it.

If we want to progress this is the strategy we need to follow. You can't just buy potential and expect to progress.

We are now at the stage where any signing we make they need to be 1st 11 quality. If that means one signing a transfer window so be it.

If we're completely budget constrained, then yes.

I'd still like to think there is space for more youngsters though. I'd have one of them over Davies, Doherty, Winks etc every day of the week. Sink or swim as the older players aren't swimming anyway. They are just holding us back.