Transfer Window - January 2022 | Page 102 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2022

I think the idea of loaning Wijnaldum AND Draxler could actually be a smart move. Bringing in their combined experience, however short term it might be, could (combined with other signing(s)) get us a 4th place finish which would improve our attractiveness to potential targets in the summer window.
I know Wijnaldum's name is all over the media ever since the rumour of Ndombele to PSG, but I just can't see him being open to a move back to the PL and especially to us. He wanted a move away from Liverpool because he wanted a big pay day and also to play for one if the giant European clubs. Why would his mind have changed so much in just 6 months?

Again, with the tangled ownership, the structure of his contract at River, and the players plans and wishes.... Just becaues a "formal bid" was never submitted, doesnt mean the dots & crosses werent bandied about.

Would be there were a Magic Spurs Wand you could wave in the faces of top prospects and stupify them into doing things they dont want to do.

More experienced top prospects would be more apt to consider the presence of the top man like Kane. Young guys making the first move prolly not so much. Thats why places like Ajax get such great young kids into their system, smaller leap, both culturally & footbally, and they get into a system thats designed to lead them thru. They come to Spurs and they face Conte. Its different.

The problem is if we can't get them young we won't get them when they are 21. Players like Antony and Cunha have surpassed us now and would never sign for us now. As Fabio is finding out players are not wanting to come to us. Our football is poor. They see player's like Tanguy and Gio who had massive potential come to us and now they are poor and low on confidence. Our chairman is known to be very hard to deal with. We are really struggling. Players have failed to live up to there potential or just so far out of form that know or wants to buy them. All we can attract is average players like Adama. We are getting knocked back by every big name we are after. We are in a massive slump on as of the pitch. Levy thought getting Fabio and Antonio would draw players in but it seems we are struggling massively.

Conte is a a big attraction for us now. Players want to play for him. It's without a doubt the one thing we have over Arsenal at the moment.

I don't think even if we had Pep incharge we still could not attract the type of player needed. We are in a real bad spot. Conte looks like he wants out. It's Levy's fault for the position we are in because he has made so many mistakes. He is trying to get out of it with the signings of Fabio and Antonio but they are still not enough. Even if levy says you can have 200 million we still would not get the players we want or require

Seems an odd choice to focus on him. All the noises coming out the club all month have been RWB, CM and right-sided, inverted winger.

Nothing is making sense about this transfer window, except the Kessie interest.
Before today all the rumours about him suggest Liverpool or United. I'd imagine it's another that we have no chance with or that Porto are trying to get the bids increased from them

Seems an odd choice to focus on him. All the noises coming out the club all month have been RWB, CM and right-sided, inverted winger.

Nothing is making sense about this transfer window, except the Kessie interest.

Mmm Hmmmm...

'Cept the Kessie interest isnt prolly really real tho.

So....

I know Wijnaldum's name is all over the media ever since the rumour of Ndombele to PSG, but I just can't see him being open to a move back to the PL and especially to us. He wanted a move away from Liverpool because he wanted a big pay day and also to play for one if the giant European clubs. Why would his mind have changed so much in just 6 months?
Maybe because the grass isn't always greener on the other side, and he's been struggling to make an impact there,

I don't think even if we had Pep incharge we still could not attract the type of player needed. We are in a real bad spot. Conte looks like he wants out. It's Levy's fault for the position we are in because he has made so many mistakes. He is trying to get out of it with the signings of Fabio and Antonio but they are still not enough. Even if levy says you can have 200 million we still would not get the players we want or require
Exactly my thoughts. Our only real opportunity to sign top quality players over the past decade, was immediately after reaching the CL final, but we passed up on it. Now we need a new early Poch who can build a successful young high energy team from the best that we've got currently, best from our Academy, high potential but not established stars from Europe or the lower divisions, and one or two experienced PL signings. Eriksen, Lloris, Alderweireld (already there) Kane, Winks (Academy) Son, Dele (promising youngster signings), Sissoko and Wanyama (PL signings) all fell into those various categories when Poch built his team.
A tough ask to achieve twice in a decade, but I think it is the route we have to take.

Maybe because the grass isn't always greener on the other side, and he's been struggling to make an impact there,

Or maybe hes happy as a clam. But the club has a roster issue they need to fix, and a Frenchman vs a Dutchman, a 31 yr old on at that, is a move they need to make happen.

They may be experiencing a bit of buyer's remorse.

I didn't know anything about Amrabat, seems to be a tidy central midfielder in the Winks mould, but he can tackle. Maybe Conte and Pat thinks he would be more suitable backup for the central roles in our system.

With the types he seems to favour in those central roles (Skipp, PEH, Winks), we don't have many rotation opinions. It's clear that Conte's sysem demands a certain type of central midfielder and that is what they are shopping for.

I thought Loco would fit in that three as he can tackle and has a decent engine but afer his Twitter outburst; I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him in our shirt again.

Wasn't fussed about the move for Amrabat but after seeing what he could offer then he could at least give us a better option than some of our dead wood. Wouldn't mind seeing Devine and White get a few minutes either, in games where we were comfortable.

I think the idea of loaning Wijnaldum AND Draxler could actually be a smart move. Bringing in their combined experience, however short term it might be, could (combined with other signing(s)) get us a 4th place finish which would improve our attractiveness to potential targets in the summer window.

The January window has always been about lining deals up for the summer, getting rid of deadwood and potentially signing a loan player on a short term deal that might get you a few important goals.

The last time it paid off that I can remember was with Gudjohnsen under Harry.

I didn't know anything about Amrabat, seems to be a tidy central midfielder in the Winks mould, but he can tackle. Maybe Conte and Pat thinks he would be more suitable backup for the central roles in our system.

With the types he seems to favour in those central roles (Skipp, PEH, Winks), we don't have many rotation opinions. It's clear that Conte's sysem demands a certain type of central midfielder and that is what they are shopping for.

I thought Loco would fit in that three as he can tackle and has a decent engine but afer his Twitter outburst; I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him in our shirt again.

Wasn't fussed about the move for Amrabat but after seeing what he could offer then he could at least give us a better option than some of our dead wood. Wouldn't mind seeing Devine and White get a few minutes either, in games where we were comfortable.

I don't know much about him. But we clearly need another CM brought in.

His touch looks suspect, not sure if he would get away with that style over here. But that's just a quick observation.

Well there's a surprise. Reading this morning that Porto have rejected Spurs' offer of €45M for Diaz as they want €60M. Going in on the cheap again!!! It's all PR people
I read that we’ve offered €47m upfront & €8m in performance bonuses but that Porto want €60m in total & Diaz has a €66m buy out clause.
This being said Porto are supposedly suffering from FFP & need an injection of cash so I think it’s understandable that we’ve gone in slightly lower (€5m) but as we’ve seen that they won’t budge, we should offer the €60m total but structured with some performance bonuses.

His touch looks suspect, not sure if he would get away with that style over here. But that's just a quick observation.
Agreed. Amrabat seems to overplay the ball in all the clips I’ve seen. I’d also be interested to understand why he doesn’t play!
A tidy player but we need better than just tidy! We need a passer in there & to really push Skipp’s potential as the next Kante

Agreed. Amrabat seems to overplay the ball in all the clips I’ve seen. I’d also be interested to understand why he doesn’t play!
A tidy player but we need better than just tidy! We need a passer in there & to really push Skipp’s potential as the next Kante

Agree always needs to trick around a player or two befoire releasing the ball.....Ndombollox..esque......he is though more aggressive and more forward thinking though...he wont get that much time in the PL!

Swankey , I hope you are keeping up with all the comings and goings !
In case you haven’t,

Kessie has gone to Barcelona. or will do

Vlahovic has gone to Juventus . or will do.

The lady that prints the names on our shirts has gone to Corfu for a cheeky winter break . Wasn’t needed apparently !

Further updates will be forthcoming .

Exactly what I said earlier in the thread. He won't get away with it here. He clearly cant control the ball and look up to pick a pass at the same time. The ball runs away from him far too often. It's why he has so many cards and fouls.