Transfer Window - January 2022 | Page 100 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2022

FB_IMG_1643123418778.jpg
This picture hurts a little. I wish him all the best but would've loved him back at Spurs.

Must've really burnt his bridges with Levy during those last six months.

Good luck to him. I had heard that we are going to keep tabs on him during this loan and perhaps take a look at him again at the end of the season. I don't think he burnt bridges. Levy fucked up.

His stats are fine when compared to many other at his level and better per game than many of our previous wingers at our club.

No point in comparing him to TAA, Robertson or anyone else from Liverpool, City or Chelsea, like Conte said 'they're a higher level'. We are not at their level, nor can we buy the 50m players that walk into those teams. We are kidding ourselves if we really think that rightbacks of that quality, Vlahovic or Kessie will come to Spurs if the top three teams from England, Spain, Italy or Germany are interested.

If Conte wants him and the prize is actually keeping Conte, then it's worth whatever it costs. And if we do, he will end up contributing more to our team this season; than the triumvirate of Loco, Dele and Ndombele.

Can't wait to see him pull on the shirt, we have never had someone with such slippy arms. Opens up another avenue for corporate sponsorship. The 'Johnson & Johnson, baby oil stadium' has a lovely ring to it. ;-)

This is the problem, fine isn't good enough.

Signing that type of player is the reason we are where we are.

Save the money, stock up as much as possible to get genuine 1st 11 players.

If Fabio and Conte can't get better players in, them being here is futile.

The problem with so many Spurs fans now is they want us to be able to run before we can walk. Granted, we had started to learn to walk not that long ago and we even started to get up to a bit of a power-walk, but... well... I've given up on this analogy. You get the point.

I genuinely think Paratici is starting to see the difference between working for the giants of Juve, to the wannabe's of Spurs. Yes, our facilities are the best in the world yadda yadda, but those things alone are not enough to stop players like Vlahovic from wanting to join Juve over us.

It's clear we have missed out on Kessie too.

It's about a mentality change from Levy down to fans.

It's about not wasting 100s of millions on average players. Where has this got us over the years?

This notion signing average players is the way forward is the most ridiculous strategy I have seen in football.

It's quite simple, if the player can't improve the 1st 11 then don't sign him.

It's about not wasting 100s of millions on average players. Where has this got us over the years?

This notion signing average players is the way forward is the most ridiculous strategy I have seen in football.

Thats what Poch stated. We won't sign unless an improvement on first 11 ! So we didn't.

Of course, big money signings haven't panned out for us either. N'Dbombele for example. 2-3 mediocre signings would have fared better than him.

You're correct. All of our signings have been poo for a long time.

Even look at last summer. Have any made an impact? Ain't heard anything about Sarr since the summer. Gil doesn't seem suited to our league or formation.

Romero has been excellent but has been injured for a long time.

Obviously it isnt a sure thing until the player is holding up the shirt, but the Cho talk bothers me slightly. The kid has potential, of course, and at 18 he has a lot of career ahead of him.

But why are WE considering him as an option for now?

If we see him as a striker option, then is that potentially blocking a path for Scarlett, Etete or Parrot who could all feasibly step up within the next couple of seasons. If we see him as an option for out wide on the right, why are we thinking about spending £10m+ on a player when we could have given Markanday a decent opportunity.

Plus, we're about to sign Traore, so why use more finance budget to buy another player in the same position when there are different positions that we DESPERATELY need to address.

Rant over.

You've got to ask yourself why it is we can't attract the big names in the first place. Unless we get European football we won't sign anybody of note. The catch is in order to qualify for the CL Conte requires those signings now. Nothing is ever quite as simple as it seems.

It is about mentality change, but words only get us so far.

I think our negligence of 'the team' is a big reason why we are in this position. Poch was both right and wrong with the no transfer debate. It was clear he was fed up of being given poor quality players who cost the club £10-15m and he made the decent point that it is better to save that money and improve the quality of player you buy. However, with that you lose depth. If you want to achieve success with a small squad you better hope lady luck is shining on you because injuries can derail you. We saw it with Liverpool and VVD's injury.

We should be thinking generationally, with depth in mind. But the scouting NEEDS to improve. I'm ok with the odd risk, like Traore will be, because it could pay off. But it all means for nothing if we keep changing managers and styles.

Can you imagine a place where whatever player we're close to signing, we just trust the recruitment team and the process? We just assume that they are an important cog in the evolution of the squad.

Does get you thinking what it would take for Spurs fans to get to that relationship with their club.

I wonder if every other clubs fans are inspecting as deeply as we do.

You've got to ask yourself why it is we can't attract the big names in the first place. Unless we get European football we won't sign anybody of note. The catch is in order to qualify for the CL Conte requires those signings now. Nothing is ever quite as simple as it seems.

We don't need big names, and the team we built in 16/17 was made out of non big name players.

Dembele, Wanyama and Toby (on loan, granted) were experienced PL players, Hugo and Verts were established. We stopped buying PL players for a few years then resumed with Doherty and now Adama. And as if this isn't bad enough, we have completely ignored the recruitment strategy that made us successful.

From 12/13 through 16/17 our recruitment team was one of the best in the country. From 17/18 omwards we became a joke. Whilst he was only here for a short while, everything went to shit after Paul Mitchel left. No idea what changed in the structure behind the scenes, but the end result is abysmal.

Until we take a proper look at what made us successful and bring the right team to help us build a team, year by year, we won't succeed.

Good luck to him. I had heard that we are going to keep tabs on him during this loan and perhaps take a look at him again at the end of the season. I don't think he burnt bridges. Levy fucked up.
As he generally seems too…why was he involved thought we had Para for those activities…guess not! So fed up with Levy and his antics!!!

We are Tottenham TV are running a report tonight from a decent Portuguese source that we have put in a 45-55m offer for Luis Diaz with a 48hr deadline.

Would be nice however unlikely.

We are Tottenham TV are running a report tonight from a decent Portuguese source that we have put in a 45-55m offer for Luis Diaz with a 48hr deadline.

Would be nice however unlikely.

So who is going to have the first attempt at proving to me why this guy is the next Mo Salah vs the next Lucas Moura?

Not a loaded question by the way. Just see his career stats are OK, but not great. He hasn't exactly been snaffled by a big club and got to 25 years old.

Just gets me curious.