Transfer Window - January 2022 | Page 98 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2022

That is true ex. I know Alvarez would have been very interested in us when Poch was incharge. When we signed Gio we had Poch ,Pamela and Gio from Argentina and that was a big draw. The big problem is again with any fw coming to us is game time. They will always come second behind Harry and the top young talent will not play second fiddle to Harry. Hence why we have been saying he should have been sold seasons ago.

Again, with the tangled ownership, the structure of his contract at River, and the players plans and wishes.... Just becaues a "formal bid" was never submitted, doesnt mean the dots & crosses werent bandied about.

Would be there were a Magic Spurs Wand you could wave in the faces of top prospects and stupify them into doing things they dont want to do.

More experienced top prospects would be more apt to consider the presence of the top man like Kane. Young guys making the first move prolly not so much. Thats why places like Ajax get such great young kids into their system, smaller leap, both culturally & footbally, and they get into a system thats designed to lead them thru. They come to Spurs and they face Conte. Its different.

This will make Rich's day; I'm told that the club has agreed a loan deal for Dele to Newcastle until the end of the season, no word yet on if it's a view to a permanent one.....or if the player has agreed - if true, I wish him well.

Guess we will know soon enough.

The club should have waved goodbye 2/3 years ago for a sizeable profit to spend on an upgrade, but hey, we're the club that sits on its hands and let averageness fester. Alli's replacement should already be here, embedded, and making us better.

Everton seem to be the other club in for Dele.

Apparently we agreed a fee for Traore a week or so ago but, as per, moved the goalposts to try and finance the deal differently. It's looking like it will be a loan with obligation now.

Reports out of Italy suggest Kessie could yet still happen but it will be a really tough one to get sorted.

Everton seem to be the other club in for Dele.

Apparently we agreed a fee for Traore a week or so ago but, as per, moved the goalposts to try and finance the deal differently. It's looking like it will be a loan with obligation now.

Reports out of Italy suggest Kessie could yet still happen but it will be a really tough one to get sorted.

Just another example that the club can't get the job done in the transfer market.

Couldn't careless about Adama. He will fail miserably here.

Conte tried to buy Traore before converting Moses to a right wing back while at Chelsea. He obviously likes him and the price back in 2017 was 20m too. Conte is meticulous, he would have him adapted for that role and if he thought that Traore was good enough for Chelsea, then I think his judgment might be right on this one.

I know the fans are divided but I for one would be very happy to see him here. He scares teams and pulls players out of position. Coaches like Conte and Klopp rate him highly for good reason. Yeah, I hear the 'stats' argument but that does not take in what Conte and his team intends to do with him, teach him, expect from him.

He would also be a usable squad member or game changing substitute at the minimum, which is more than we can say for Dele, Ndumbelend or Loco, who all seem to be deadweights in the squad and a drain on nearly 2m a months in wages, let alone over 100m in assets.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.st...sbrough-winger-adama-traore-a3569866.html?amp

Conte tried to buy Traore before converting Moses to a right wing back while at Chelsea. He obviously likes him and the price back in 2017 was 20m too. Conte is meticulous, he would have him adapted for that role and if he thought that Traore was good enough for Chelsea, then I think his judgment might be right on this one.

I know the fans are divided but I for one would be very happy to see him here. He scares teams and pulls players out of position. Coaches like Conte and Klopp rate him highly for good reason. Yeah, I hear the 'stats' argument but that does not take in what Conte and his team intends to do with him, teach him, expect from him.

He would also be a usable squad member or game changing substitute at the minimum, which is more than we can say for Dele, Ndumbelend or Loco, who all seem to be deadweights in the squad and a drain on nearly 2m a months in wages, let alone over 100m in assets.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-turn-attentions-back-to-middlesbrough-winger-adama-traore-a3569866.html?amp

He may have worked in the Chelsea team. It did have Kante, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Costa, Oscar in it.

In this system and team Adama will have to get into double figures in assists whilst chipping in with goals. As our midfield players don't do much, neither does Reggie the pressure will be on him to deliver.

He will also have to have a stamina of a Stallion.

He isn't the fittest guy in the world regardless of how he looks. He will be blowing like a Billy Goat within 10 minutes every match.

This is a Sissoko type signing all over again. The clubs mentally sucks ass.

Juventus look like tying up Vlahovic and are allocating additional funds to get it done now. Let's help with that by bidding for Dybala and McKennie. This sorts out CM, AM and Striker and with Traore that is also RWB sorted.
Dybala is out of contract in the summer and can play left side of a 3 to rotate with Son, will bring the creativity of a 10, can play on the right and most importantly can provide real cover for Kane. It's a no brainer for me.
He could have as big an impact as Van De Vaart did.
When you look at Son, Dybala, Kane, Moura and Bergwijn as options that doesn't look bad to me.
McKennie is a player Conte apparently likes so if we could get these 2 and Traore that will not be a bad window to get us through to the summer where the back line can be concentrated on.

Juventus look like tying up Vlahovic and are allocating additional funds to get it done now. Let's help with that by bidding for Dybala and McKennie. This sorts out CM, AM and Striker and with Traore that is also RWB sorted.
Dybala is out of contract in the summer and can play left side of a 3 to rotate with Son, will bring the creativity of a 10, can play on the right and most importantly can provide real cover for Kane. It's a no brainer for me.
When you look at Son, Dybala, Kane, Moura and Bergwijn as options that doesn't look bad to me.
McKennie is a player Conte apparently likes so if we could get these 2 and Traore that will not be a bad window to get us through to the summer where the back line can be concentrated on.

Last word out of LaViola was something to the effect "We are awaiting a response fron Dusan and his agents and we have heard nothing". And that was a quote from their "GM" so.....

Not sure that a bid from another team is gonna make him return their calls. He has said very specifically and explicitly that he is going nowhere until the Summer.

Also, keep in mind, the LaViolas Ultras will be none to happy he joins their rival. Memories of Baggio and all that.

It's so interesting how split people are on Traore.

His stats let him down and he hasn't matched his potential yet, so I think people fearing his transfer to us can be forgiven. I'm keeping an open mind, mainly because there arent many players who can obliterate defenders for speed quite like him.

Defences don't fear us. We rely too heavily on moments of individual class or rapid counter attacks and its too easy for an organised team to stop us. People will fear Adama and he will pull players out of position. I've seen teams forcibly double/triple up on him and they still end up fouling him or failing to stop him. He will get us up the pitch quickly for counters and he will take players on in 1v1's that will a) make the opposition and their fans nervous and b) give our players and fans a boost.

It really is just about what he does in that final moment. He really needs to improve. If Conte can't get him to improve though, he never will. It's a risk, but in a time where clubs are talking about signing totally unproven teens from lower leagues for £10m+, £20m for an international footballer who could be about to hit his prime really isnt that much.

It's not about what players might be able to do for us, more about whether they will want to come. Vlahovic only ever wanted to go to Juventus, and there was far too much hype linking him with us, which was never going to be a starter. Dybala will have plenty of offers and I very much doubt that we will be that high up on his list.

Conte is a a big attraction for us now. Players want to play for him. It's without a doubt the one thing we have over Arsenal at the moment.

Apparently we've offered GLC as a part exchange for sevilla cb, Diego Carlos.

We're also in for Fiorentina midfielder, Amrabat. This one doesn't excite me.

Apparently we've offered GLC as a part exchange for sevilla cb, Diego Carlos.

We're also in for Fiorentina midfielder, Amrabat. This one doesn't excite me.

Sky Sports reported yesterday that an unnamed London team, not Arsenal or West Ham, has rivalled Newcastle's bid for Carlos.

Reminds me of Sanchez, although not as good in the air and older.

Strange how Paratici seems to like leaving it late in the window just like Levy. It must be coincidence because Levy has stepped away from football matters now.