Transfer Window - January 2021 | Page 23 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2021

He looked on Sunday as if he was demanding to run the show, Jose was right about his attitude as it was spot on. He looked like a man with a point to prove, surely we have to find a way to use his undoubted talent, the fact that he was substituted so early makes me think he will be involved against Fulham

He's starting I've been told.

That's a tad unfair Rich. You could say that about any team in world football. Take Messi out of Barca. Neymar out of PSG. Aguero out of City. I could go on & on.

I disagree, Steve, Neymar hasn't been good enough on the occasions I've seen him. Citeh can compensate for Aguero's absence with quality elsewhere. We don't have that if Kane and Son aren't on it.

That's good news provided he is played further up the pitch like in the first half against marine. He got lost when asked to come deeper and start moves off in the 2nd half

He wasn't in it for the initial 15 minutes of the first half; you would think he would be raring to go from the off.

wouldn't argue with that, but we broke him, and we should take the time to repair him given that we know what he can do. Discarding him is utterly nuts.

It seems as though you are shifting all the blame onto 'we', whomever that is. Alli needs to take responsibility as well; don't you think. Three years of generally poor performances aren't good enough.

As I've said many times, when money talks bullshit walks and we may not be in a position to turn down a huge profit, if we sell him for around #20 mill, it would all be banked as profit.
It may look great on the balance sheet for now but that's one less home-grown player in the squad. And what happens on the pitch will be instrumental in the future growth of income.

I disagree, Steve, Neymar hasn't been good enough on the occasions I've seen him. Citeh can compensate for Aguero's absence with quality elsewhere. We don't have that if Kane and Son aren't on it.

This was a topic on the radio yesterday. 3 years ago, Liverpool only had a couple. Salah carried them to the CL final with his goals Mane had a good season when they lost the CL. They had water carriers in midfield at that stage and less was said about Robertson and Trent who were raw. They had a keeper issue. Then you look at them when they won the CL and league title over next 2 years and you start to see superstars appear everywhere. A lot though, were the same players, just stepping up.

Right now, I genuinely think our best players are Lloris, Reggie, Ndombele, Gio, Dele, Kane and Son. However, I don't think Ndombele, Gio and Dele have stepped up in any way yet under Jose. I think Reggie is close but hampered by the tactical approach. I think Lloris has been outstanding. Obviously Hojbjerg has been mostly exceptional and surprised us whilst Dier has been steady. So we have 4 to 5 max.

What's obvious to some of us is that the next gear is found by changing the tactics and fully utilising the talents of Ndombele, Gio and Dele. It's about Jose nurturing them into great players because they are the ones with a talent. If he can't, then it is as much a failing of him.

It seems as though you are shifting all the blame onto 'we', whomever that is. Alli needs to take responsibility as well; don't you think. Three years of generally poor performances aren't good enough.

'We' have been through this, he was hugely overplayed, most especially when we were playing a derivation of Bielsa's high press that is physically demanding and is notorious for burning players out, it's exacerbated by carrying soft tissue injuries that aren't given time to heal - it causes long term serious fatigue issues which affect form and physical and mental control - this is all a matter of documented fact.

'We' was Poch and his lack of rotation - this real-world issue almost destroyed Eriksen and he too is yet to find his way back to anything like his best form, and frankly may now never do so at a time when he should be at his peak.

For three years Dele carried injuries that his advisors should have stepped up and addressed with Poch/the club - agents, when they see a decline/a client going off the boil, do this all the time, I know his agent tried, but in the end and after presenting extensive evidence of what it was doing to his client, it was ignored.

I have no idea if you've ever competed at a high-intensity level week in week out for an extended period, just, believe me, talk to your local sports physio/doctor and even they will be able to explain what underlying issues deep fatigue and soft tissue injuries it will aggravate/it causes and how long that can take to recover from. Once you've spoken to them and you re-watch how disjointed his last two seasons were, you'll spot the mechanical issues and know what to look for and what you'll see, his physical decline and fluidity of movement was what kept telling me he shouldn't have been playing at all.

Our only hope is a long rest, a slow return and we may yet see the best of him again, but Jose has for once got to be patient with a talented player, something which he has already had to have fight with Levy about, and now has another on his hands, it's his career mark for honing in on a single-player and blaming them for his defensive system not working, and despite him saying when he joined that he had 'changed' it's clear that that too was another whopper from him. Every club he's been at he's used a scapegoat, including the now best player in the PL.

I still expect Dele to leave, and if he picks the right league, just watch him regain form and start doing what we are utterly desperate for: an attacking midfielder that can score goals for fun.

So it's time to end this endless debate, and revisit it in a year's time and see who was right, but even if he stays, in Jose's system, any midfielder is not going to score regularly.

Eventually, we'll get sick of his brand of football, just as the chav and the manure fans did - but a couple of pieces of silverware that he might deliver will still be what fans will think was worth it, but alot of us won't - I'm almost thankful that I'm not spending a penny watching them whilst Jose does what he does.

Last edited:
Tottenham youngster Jubril Okedina joins Cambridge United on loan
Taking to Instagram, Tottenham Hotspur youngster Jubril Okedina has confirmed that he has joined EFL League Two outfit Cambridge United on loan for the rest of the season.
A product of the Tottenham youth academy, Okedina has progressed quite well over the past few seasons. The versatile defender, who can play at right-back and centre-back, has made 20 appearances for the club’s U18 side, scoring one goal.

Having been promoted to the U23 side, he went on to rack 27 appearances, bagging four goals in the process. Three of those goals came in 11 games in the ongoing campaign. (h/t Transfermarkt)

Tottenham had confirmed last week that Okedina had signed a new contract with the club, extending his stay till the summer of 2022. In the same update, the club had also revealed that the 20-year-old would be joining Cambridge United on loan for the rest of the campaign. (h/t Tottenham Hotspur Official Website)
And, on Tuesday, Okedina took to Instagram to share a picture of himself holding the Cambridge United jersey, with the caption “Looking forward to joining @cambridgeunitedfc on loan”.
The post comes off a bit delayed considering that Okedina had linked up with the League Two outfit last week itself. In fact, the 20-year-old was named among the substitutes for their league game against Harrogate Town on last Saturday.
Okedina had shown good form for the U23s prior to leaving the club on loan for Cambridge. It will be interesting to see how the defender develops in a first-team environment. It will surely be a great learning experience for the youngster and we wish him all the best for his spell with the League Two side.

Valencia has made a new approach for Winks, a second club has now asked about his availability/our willingness to sell, they have not been discouraged.

Either way, Winks will be the one who has to force this or wait until the summer.

it's golden oldie time again; after being connected with a free move for Costa, we're now said to be getting serious about Sami Khedira a 33year old Juve reject....

Supposedly, if Winks goes, we'll sign him on a 1-year deal.

You couldn't make this up, but someone must be?!

it's golden oldie time again; after being connected with a free move for Costa, we're now said to be getting serious about Sami Khedira a 33year old Juve reject....

Supposedly, if Winks goes, we'll sign him on a 1-year deal.

You couldn't make this up, but someone must be?!
When this nonsense is being written it just shows how little genuine market activity there really is at the moment.