Transfer Window - January 2021 | Page 22 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2021

Wouldn't Vinicius close off the space Sonny loves to run into , would rather see him paired with Dele up front. Maybe they could feed off each other.

Just watched that EX and I get the impression we have a very good in the making striker on our hands, in the making I mean getting used to the Prem, what I saw from those clips was...

A fox in the box poacher type
Has some legs speed to get away
Has a good shot in him
Good with his head
Awareness of others around him
Generally! knows exactly where the goal is.

So for me having watched the clips and the games he has played for us, we have got a good deal here and should sign him on a permanent basis.

To be honest I don't know what you're basing that on, Sunday's pitch was a ploughed field around the box and he really hasn't had enough minutes to settle and play his normal game - the man's a goalscorer and from what I can see of his vids from Portugal, his first touch looks pretty decent.

I actually drew a similar conclusion about his touch and wavelength in a couple of the games I did see him play in. I'm a little on the fence whether we should go ahead for £40m or whether to pursue someone else like Edouard who surely now must be ready to finish players Sunday pub league with Celtic. There are very few number 9's around though.

I actually drew a similar conclusion about his touch and wavelength in a couple of the games I did see him play in. I'm a little on the fence whether we should go ahead for £40m or whether to pursue someone else like Edouard who surely now must be ready to finish players Sunday pub league with Celtic. There are very few number 9's around though.

I fear letting him go unless we could identify better, I also don't think it will happen as it was Jose who was insistent on getting him and he played a huge role in that happening, same as he did Gedson, but was led to believe it was part of a deal with the agents that may or may not allow us to do something else soon. I guess as always we'll know soon enough.

Last edited:
I fear letting him go unless we could identify better, I also don't think it will happen as it was Jose who was insistent on getting him and he played a huge role in that happening, same as he did Gedson, but was led to believe it was part of a deal with the agents that may or may not allow us to do something else soon. I guess as always we'll know soon enough.

I'd love to see Lamela and Moura in a Benfica shirt.

Just watched that EX and I get the impression we have a very good in the making striker on our hands, in the making I mean getting used to the Prem, what I saw from those clips was...

A fox in the box poacher type
Has some legs speed to get away
Has a good shot in him
Good with his head
Awareness of others around him
Generally! knows exactly where the goal is.

So for me having watched the clips and the games he has played for us, we have got a good deal here and should sign him on a permanent basis.

I think he has a bit of everything, he can hold up play, he can shoot well but is a bit too left sided, he's got decent pace, he's decent technically and can scan the game and 'see it' as his movement into the box to lose markers is one of his strongest attributes - the question of course is can he make the step up?

I have a feeling that like Sonny we shouldn't expect too much this season, but next may well be a different matter altogether.

Last edited:
I think he has a bit of everything, he can hold up play, he can shoot well but is a bit too left sided, he's got decent pace, he's decent technically and can scan the game and 'see it' as his movement into the box to lose markers is one of his strongest attributes - the question of course is can he make the step up?

I have a feeling that like Sonny we shouldn't expect too much this season, but next may well be a different matter altogether.
Ha! then EX we are in agreement on Sid.

Which goes back to scoring from midfield which without Eriksen and Alli we've shown we simply can't do; which then highlights Jose's tactics.

We have the players, we don't have the system to use them, Jose's tactcis of playing off our 18 yard line or deeper is why we have the second-best defence in the league and why we are almost entirely reliant on the hoof/pass over the top for Son or Kane to run onto, all of which bypasses the whole of our midfield.

We've shown we don't need to do that, we 'just' have to start with the intent to play football on the ground (where God intended it to be).

It highlights how far Alli has fallen from grace, what you have said would have been true three years ago, the current incarnation of Dele stinks. We need the old one back.

Last edited:
He doesn't look happy to me Ex, maybe that's just his demeanor. His goal record is fine but his all round contribution looks a little short to me, his first touch doesn't look great either

I agree about his touch Top, his awareness could be better too.

Jose seemed to be suggesting that Vinnie may be dragging his heels on learning English. Moura is helping him apparently.

wouldn't argue with that, but we broke him, and we should take the time to repair him given that we know what he can do. Discarding him is utterly nuts.
He looked on Sunday as if he was demanding to run the show, Jose was right about his attitude as it was spot on. He looked like a man with a point to prove, surely we have to find a way to use his undoubted talent, the fact that he was substituted so early makes me think he will be involved against Fulham