Transfer Rumours | Page 56 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours

Both?
But one is a short term answer and the other a bit of a gamble/wild card, depending which Kodjia turns up.
Both good additions but neither the blow your socks off signing I was hoping for.
However, it depends whether we are adding to the squad to try for autos or adding to consolidate in the top 6.
I think the former requires a much larger budget and is more risky.
Overall then, lets logic dictates stay cheap now and spend bigger in the summer.

I think that is Forest's mentality - find bargains, work within our budgetary parameters, get a few decent loanees, offload as much of the dead wood as possible - which would help to fund incomings and recall Tyler.

I know he hasn't got experience at the higher level but I would be happy for us to gamble on Toney.Great prospect who scores all types of goals and should be looking to prove himself.

I mentioned Toney - but as soon as Posh know Forest are sniffing, price is trebled!

Although, just to put it in perspective - he has scored 1 more than Tyler Walker this season at same level.

We may as well recall Walker and give him a run than spending several millions on Toney, chap.

They are the same age and both scoring goals at the same level. It would feel like we are spending millions on someone very similar to somebody already on our books. Toney has done very little previously before joining Peterborough too.

My thoughts too - plus, the Posh - Forest price inflation issue.

Y
We may as well recall Walker and give him a run than spending several millions on Toney, chap.

They are the same age and both scoring goals at the same level. It would feel like we are spending millions on someone very similar to somebody already on our books. Toney has done very little previously before joining Peterborough too.
That is a fair point AC but I would be happy for us to have both playing for us chap.

I think its hilarious and this is not my last ever post on the matter!

The bloke is vitriolic in his posts and only logs on to have a go at someone. Saying "last ever post" is surely more palatable than calling him a ****?

Id rather we went for a 'better quality' player from abroad at a more realistic price, and gamble on him being able to adapt to the EFL than pay more for home talent and gamble they can 'step up'.

My reasoning is that
a) League 1 to the Championship is a very big step up, and players with better reputations have struggled (eg Marriott? do we still lament the fact the sheep beat us to him?) and
b) we seem able to shift overseas players back across the Channel if they dont succeed- and usually at a profit eg Ansarifard, Soudani, Chema(?) and Guedioura. There are leagues with good money in Turkey and Middle East willing to spend on such players, but young UK players tend not to fancy relocating there so more difficult to shift if they fail eg Clough, Cummings.

But I'd take Kodjia and Murray for now in a heart beat.

FF59 spent several months last year having a pop at me and others whenever he logged on to the forum for supposedly ruining the forum and turning him and lots of others off from posting. He would always finish such posts by saying that he was never going to post on the forum again.

Aaaaaaah, Lipman syndrome.

"Hundreds" is an exaggeration, isn't it?

Like I said, have a look at FF59's posts last night and yet again he is having a pop at someone. That's all he ever logs in to do and he did it to me and several others over many months last year.

I cannot recall this ever being picked up on for being 'tedious' - which grates on me when you pick up on my relatively light-hearted posts. In fact I can see that you have 'liked' his rant at Ingy last night, so you obviously have no problem with his constant swipes at other posters.

In my mind, if somebody continuously takes swipes at you over a period of several months then you are entitled to take a swipe back. If he is going to continue logging in to have a go at others then I will continue to bring up his 'last post ever' nonsense. If that means that you have to start handing out bans then so be it (y)

You're not allowed to say 'on the blob' anymore, coz of health and safety.

Personally I would pay the Gayle wages in full. Around 1 million for the balance of this season, and a loan fee. Structure a deal if we go up around 5 mil. Newcastle know he's going on a free.
Do Gayle and recall walker and I'm good. Then spend on a winger while getting fees for Chema, Pants, and Benny and sending Hefe, Yacob, Clough, Bridcutt somewhere.

Id rather we went for a 'better quality' player from abroad at a more realistic price, and gamble on him being able to adapt to the EFL than pay more for home talent and gamble they can 'step up'.

My reasoning is that
a) League 1 to the Championship is a very big step up, and players with better reputations have struggled (eg Marriott? do we still lament the fact the sheep beat us to him?) and
b) we seem able to shift overseas players back across the Channel if they dont succeed- and usually at a profit eg Ansarifard, Soudani, Chema(?) and Guedioura. There are leagues with good money in Turkey and Middle East willing to spend on such players, but young UK players tend not to fancy relocating there so more difficult to shift if they fail eg Clough, Cummings.

But I'd take Kodjia and Murray for now in a heart beat.

One 30 something hasbeen looking for a last payday is quite enough for me.

Recall Walker now while we get deals over the line.
Sign 2 forwards and a winger
Send Walker back to Lincoln on Jan 31.

Slight problem with that scenario:

If he come back all three parties must agree to terminate the loan.

If all three parties agree and we play him, say against Luton, he ends up going nowhere because has played for two Clubs this season, the maximum permitted.

Slight problem with that scenario:

If he come back all three parties must agree to terminate the loan.

If all three parties agree and we play him, say against Luton, he ends up going nowhere because has played for two Clubs this season, the maximum permitted.
Really? Are the rules different for Euro loans then? Liverpool recalled Phillips from Stuttgart, played v Everton and will send him back out

gayle is crocked....if its minor then worth a punt if financials fit

if we sign murray then is that a sign of getting who we wanted or more a case of we get what is left after missing out on other targets for whatever reasons?

i think we all have reservations due to past jan windows but maybe this one will ease those worries?

or pour petrol on them lol

Really? Are the rules different for Euro loans then? Liverpool recalled Phillips from Stuttgart, played v Everton and will send him back out

You can register with three clubs but only play for two; he could in theory go back to Lincoln later in the Month, but I doubt whether Lincoln, or Walker for that matter, would find that acceptable

All three parties agreed for Philips to go back to Liverpool; Appleby has already stated that the decision lies with him.

Walker wants game time; it is doubtful he will get it with us.