Transfer Rumours | Page 55 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours

Given that Chema has now been playing in the first team it would seem odd him now leaving, unless a gentle ploy to engorge the fee.
Back to Murray. When I have briefly seen him play he appears to effect the game, but I didn't realise this, he is 36 (I thought he was 33 / 34).
If he does want an 18 month contract as has been mentioned, that would take him close to his 38th birthday! Perhaps take him on loan to the end of the season with a promotion / play off bonus, but 18 month contract, even for my particularly rose coloured specs that does seem a stretch.
I'd be disappointed if we lost out on Nketiah but not surprised to be honest. Bristol have a good track record of improving their loan players (Abraham) and this will be at the forefront of both his and Arsenal's thinking.
Given that Mir has gone back, there must be something very close as it leaves our striking department (can I call it a department when it is only one person) empty.
We are at home Sunday so if a new player arrives today / tomorrow it gives them two / three training sessions and to be on the bench.
Fingers crossed, Mr Marinakis I'm still waiting on my Christmas present please!!

After his experience at Leeds I would guess that he will go wherever he is going to start every week. I don't think league position will particularly come into it and budget doesn't matter as he'll be getting the same wages wherever he goes.

I'm not sure we could guarantee that he would be a regular starter

Arsenal are very unhappy that Nketiah was not given game time at Leeds, as you say the financials are irrelevant.

I definitely would not want to 'guarantee' that he plays every week - primarily as I think that would be divisive for our squad and for whatever reason - Bielsa (a coach that Sky drool over) decided he was not suitable for Leeds.

We've just offloaded Mir, another loan that hasn't worked - hopefully, Muric is next, so I'd rather we get players in permanently or with a view to a permanent signing - rather than have to face fiscal penalties should the loanee not be played.

In my opinion, it does not matter who you are - you have to earn your place!

Take a look at @Calvin Plummer Reading Fans comments on how it worked when Jaap Stam tried playing Grabban in a midfield role.

Yea i did see that lol but grabs is older and wiser. We disasterously tried 352 earlier in the season but i would be interested to see if we could play that system too. Its more about feeling we need to be a bit less predictable with a few more options and trying to engineer that on the cheap. Glad im not a football manager!

I must say, this 'last post ever' mission that you & others have is becoming very tedious.

If you could try to focus on Forest & Football matters, that would be appreciated!

It's not a "mission" at all OKD and if you were to read through my recent posts I'm sure you'd find plenty relating to Forest; indeed you have just quoted one above.

FF59 spent several months last year having a pop at me and others whenever he logged on to the forum for supposedly ruining the forum and turning him and lots of others off from posting. He would always finish such posts by saying that he was never going to post on the forum again.

Obviously if he chooses to keep posting that's up to him, but it's only fair that those he constantly had a pop at for supposedly making Vital Forest so unbearable that he couldn't bring himself to ever post again, can have a pop back at him when he proves himself to be just a whining old clown.

Look at his posts on this thread last night and you'll see that he's at it again having a pop at Ingy.

It's not a "mission" at all OKD and if you were to read through my recent posts I'm sure you'd find plenty relating to Forest; indeed you have just quoted one above.

FF59 spent several months last year having a pop at me and others whenever he logged on to the forum for supposedly ruining the forum and turning him and lots of others off from posting. He would always finish such posts by saying that he was never going to post on the forum again.

Obviously if he chooses to keep posting that's up to him, but it's only fair that those he constantly had a pop at for supposedly making Vital Forest so unbearable that he couldn't bring himself to ever post again, can have a pop back at him when he proves himself to be just a whining old clown.

Look at his posts on this thread last night and you'll see that he's at it again having a pop at Ingy.

There is plenty that is Forest related AC, but don't you think it's time to grow up & move on?

When I have cause to post about it - then, you can gather, that it is starting to grate on me. By all means, defend the forum & if you feel it warranted, pick up on that 'it's my last post' but, after hundreds of posts - I said, that's enough!

You, Ingy & others could pop FF59 on ignore and he could do the same. You are all supposed to be adults.

There is plenty to discuss at NFFC - so, this is just a gentle nudge - get over it, move on - if you have issues about a poster, contact me.

There is plenty that is Forest related AC, but don't you think it's time to grow up & move on?

When I have cause to post about it - then, you can gather, that it is starting to grate on me. By all means, defend the forum & if you feel it warranted, pick up on that 'it's my last post' but, after hundreds of posts - I said, that's enough!

You, Ingy & others could pop FF59 on ignore and he could do the same. You are all supposed to be adults.

There is plenty to discuss at NFFC - so, this is just a gentle nudge - get over it, move on - if you have issues about a poster, contact me.

Will this be your last post on the subject?

Grow up FFS

"Hundreds" is an exaggeration, isn't it?

Like I said, have a look at FF59's posts last night and yet again he is having a pop at someone. That's all he ever logs in to do and he did it to me and several others over many months last year.

I cannot recall this ever being picked up on for being 'tedious' - which grates on me when you pick up on my relatively light-hearted posts. In fact I can see that you have 'liked' his rant at Ingy last night, so you obviously have no problem with his constant swipes at other posters.

In my mind, if somebody continuously takes swipes at you over a period of several months then you are entitled to take a swipe back. If he is going to continue logging in to have a go at others then I will continue to bring up his 'last post ever' nonsense. If that means that you have to start handing out bans then so be it (y)

I have no issues with anyone including that FF59 chap.In fact he was probably right.....I can't remember the last time I was invited to a party! Anyways who are we most likely to sign......Kodjia or Murray?

I have no issues with anyone including that FF59 chap.In fact he was probably right.....I can't remember the last time I was invited to a party! Anyways who are we most likely to sign......Kodjia or Murray?
Both?
But one is a short term answer and the other a bit of a gamble/wild card, depending which Kodjia turns up.
Both good additions but neither the blow your socks off signing I was hoping for.
However, it depends whether we are adding to the squad to try for autos or adding to consolidate in the top 6.
I think the former requires a much larger budget and is more risky.
Overall then, logic dictates stay cheap now and spend bigger in the summer.

Last edited:
I know he hasn't got experience at the higher level but I would be happy for us to gamble on Toney.Great prospect who scores all types of goals and should be looking to prove himself.

I know he hasn't got experience at the higher level but I would be happy for us to gamble on Toney.Great prospect who scores all types of goals and should be looking to prove himself.

We may as well recall Walker and give him a run than spending several millions on Toney, chap.

They are the same age and both scoring goals at the same level. It would feel like we are spending millions on someone very similar to somebody already on our books. Toney has done very little previously before joining Peterborough too.

"Hundreds" is an exaggeration, isn't it?

Like I said, have a look at FF59's posts last night and yet again he is having a pop at someone. That's all he ever logs in to do and he did it to me and several others over many months last year.

I cannot recall this ever being picked up on for being 'tedious' - which grates on me when you pick up on my relatively light-hearted posts. In fact I can see that you have 'liked' his rant at Ingy last night, so you obviously have no problem with his constant swipes at other posters.

In my mind, if somebody continuously takes swipes at you over a period of several months then you are entitled to take a swipe back. If he is going to continue logging in to have a go at others then I will continue to bring up his 'last post ever' nonsense. If that means that you have to start handing out bans then so be it (y)

No it's not an exaggeration - there must be at least 10-20 'last post references' on this thread!

No I don't like his constant swipes either and I don't want to ban posters, I'm just suggesting that this stops.

I have no issue with light hearted banter, but I said this has run it's course - there is no need to negotiate or discuss further, it's downright boring - use ignore & move on.