Transfer Rumours | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours

There was a bloke next to me, hood up, 50k watch on his wrist. The U19s sat in front of me, said he is the new bloke but wouldnt give me his name. He looked, Portuguese, maybe Spanish. Has a whispy beard and didnt talk at all.

We were supposed to be after him before he signed for Dundee Utd.

Scottish Championship about League 2 standard at best.

If a 24 year old had scored 17 in 13 games in League 2 would we be interested? Quite possibly but you'd think if he was that good, a Scottish Prem team would have signed him instead of Dundee Utd.

Really hard to tell from his YouTube clips if he could play at this level because the all round standard of play and defending is very poor and slow.

Very reminiscent of Veldwijk's YouTube clips.

A tangerine friend says he scores for fun at this level but isn't completely convinced he can step up, especially if we have PL ambitions. Also thinks they'd bite our hands off at 1m.

A tangerine friend says he scores for fun at this level but isn't completely convinced he can step up, especially if we have PL ambitions. Also thinks they'd bite our hands off at 1m.
They won't let him go for £1million! He has now had a couple of caps for Scotland with both Celtic and Rangers after him too.He isn't the quickest but can hold it up and knows where to stand and how to finish.Dundee Utd fans will be wanted £5 million and I would say between 2.5m to 3.5m is the most realistic price.

They won't let him go for £1million! He has now had a couple of caps for Scotland with both Celtic and Rangers after him too.He isn't the quickest but can hold it up and knows where to stand and how to finish.Dundee Utd fans will be wanted £5 million and I would say between 2.5m to 3.5m is the most realistic price.

From what I've seen of him, he doesn't look as good as Cummings, but then again, ability wasn't really Cummings' problem.

That was from a Utd season ticket holder who goes home and away...

If no obvious quality striker or goal maker available at the right price we could always go in to the loan market. Noticeable that all the players that set foot on the pitch were NFFC registered players. Plenty of scope to add a loaner or two. Only have to pay them 5 months wages also.

Well done for starting the thread again.
Regarding transfer targets and what would be good in the transfer window, my thoughts are another winger and perhaps one if not two strikers.
Baring injuries, I think we have enough cover elsewhere, but as we all know striker is where we would like some further competition. Personally, I feel we need someone who can really challenge for the starting line up and not another Christmas stocking filler.
So, who do you think we should go out and get or are in the market for?
I'll start, Kodjia at Villa. Out of contract in the summer.

Winger and a striker with pace, we have solid cover everywhere else don't need too many in to keep us competitive. I agree we don't need any big time Charlie's like McCormack etc, the team spirit looks as good as it's ever been don't need anyone upsetting it.

Winger and a striker with pace, we have solid cover everywhere else don't need too many in to keep us competitive. I agree we don't need any big time Charlie's like McCormack etc, the team spirit looks as good as it's ever been don't need anyone upsetting it.

I agree with most of what you are saying but feel we should put all our efforts in to a striker as a new winger will block opportunities for Johnson and Mighten.

On the 'we need another striker' thoughts, did anyone see the kinesiology tape Grabban has on both his I think left achilles and also the inside of his left thigh.
Hopefully a couple of weeks wrapped in bubble wrap during international break will do him some good.

I agree with most of what you are saying but feel we should put all our efforts in to a striker as a new winger will block opportunities for Johnson and Mighten.

We can develop Johnson and Mighten, but if we are are top six at Christmas, we need players that will hit the ground running, not ones being developed. We haven't had too many shots at going up recently. If we are still up there we need to get our priorities right.