Transfer rumors | Page 5 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Ok, thanks for that

Still at the top of the tree by SBC standards, but not astronomically out of kilter

The wage spend is higher than ours but they did have the parachute money.

It will be interesting to see this years accounts to see what the wage figure is; looking at the last few accounts published I would say that wages will come in around 24m

The wage spend is higher than ours but they did have the parachute money.

It will be interesting to see this years accounts to see what the wage figure is; looking at the last few accounts published I would say that wages will come in around 24m
Where are likely to be now?

I seem to remember about £23m a while ago?

My point was we shouldn’t spend extreme amounts on just one or two players when we are clearly deficient in several positions. The blend of youth and astute signings from home and abroad playing an exciting brand of football would be great to see, wouldn’t it ?

Where are likely to be now?

I seem to remember about £23m a while ago?

In the last accounts total wages for the entire club came to 28m (on a turnover of just over 22m)

Number of playing staff was 65

Number of non playing staff was 122

I would guess that the total for playing staff must be around 23/24m

Our accounts are a stark contrast to Norwich's, they pay a dividend and do not use wording like "the Company is dependent on funding from the parent Company"

We have come a long way from the days of Fawaz and, with the developments in the pipeline, we should become much more competitive financially

My point was we shouldn’t spend extreme amounts on just one or two players when we are clearly deficient in several positions. The blend of youth and astute signings from home and abroad playing an exciting brand of football would be great to see, wouldn’t it ?

Really!

On a positional basis we are as well covered as we have been for a long while.

We definitely need two or three players to augment what we have but everything will be based on the formation MoN wants to adapt.

If he is intent on playing three at the back we look well covered there; if he plays four at the back we will need a couple of full backs.

If the Joe Allen rumor is correct, which you would assume it is, he is looking to strengthen the midfield.

I would assume he will want competition for Grabben as well.

Now is the time for quality not quantity.

Numbers certainly isn’t an issue and one of the things we need to do is offload again.

Will be interesting to see if we go after Colback permanently as well but I am guessing he will have a few offers to consider.

To be fair we have been in the "quality not quantity" area for some time. One way or the other I believe we are paying over 40 players at the moment. We seem to pay off all the unwanted players, then recruit another bunch. We should be sending our kids out on loan to get experience, not be forced to loan out players like Velios, Clough, Cummings, Ward, Henderson etc because we end up with a load of players who just aren't good enough. At least three of these (plus Murphy) are on our books next season too, I believe.

To be fair we have been in the "quality not quantity" area for some time. One way or the other I believe we are paying over 40 players at the moment. We seem to pay off all the unwanted players, then recruit another bunch. We should be sending our kids out on loan to get experience, not be forced to loan out players like Velios, Clough, Cummings, Ward, Henderson etc because we end up with a load of players who just aren't good enough. At least three of these (plus Murphy) are on our books next season too, I believe.

The total number of players on the pay role is not that bad in comparison with some clubs; we have 65 paid players over all levels.

As you point out, it could be better, but having players like Velios, Clough and Cummings around the club is a by product of us chopping and changing managers; that situation will not improve until we retain a manager for more than 6 months.

Really!

On a positional basis we are as well covered as we have been for a long while.

We definitely need two or three players to augment what we have but everything will be based on the formation MoN wants to adapt.

If he is intent on playing three at the back we look well covered there; if he plays four at the back we will need a couple of full backs.

If the Joe Allen rumor is correct, which you would assume it is, he is looking to strengthen the midfield.

I would assume he will want competition for Grabben as well.

Barring Lolley, there is not a single Forest player I'd take over the Norwich team in equivalent positions. Our back four is crap. From the time Dawson got injured at Bolton we were done. Fairly mediocre in centre midfield (I honestly wouldn't want Colback back and Watson is past it). Carvalho might come good but not convinced he can maintain the standards required for more than the odd game and no pace up front. I'd suggest lots needs to change

Numbers certainly isn’t an issue and one of the things we need to do is offload again.

Will be interesting to see if we go after Colback permanently as well but I am guessing he will have a few offers to consider.

Would not be shocked to see Sheffield United sign him.

might actually start to see the sidee i asked for about 4 years ago. woz, ozz, cash, yates n tyler. just need to rebuy bb n burkey and were away haha