Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United FC - (The Irons) | Page 14 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United FC - (The Irons)

We are going to finish 3rd and could make the CL final.
Go figure?
Odd isn’t it? You’d think we’ve just been relegated!
We have tailed off as the season has entered its final stages for sure but for the first half of the season we ground out wins and won ugly, something we could never do in previous years, and we did that with a fatigued squad having had the most players that represented their countries in the very final stages of the World Cup.
People want to point the finger at Levy for not adding to the squad, but he’s delivered the most amazing stadium I have ever stepped in.
Poch out because he’s tactically inept yet here we are in 3rd place and about to take on Ajax in the CL semifinals. All that with a depleted squad who have not had a summer off since 2017 and has been hit with injuries all season!

Let’s see how the mood swings on here if we get a decent first leg result tomorrow night?

To finish in the top 4 given the number of losses we've suffered is utterly incredible - I can't easily think of another season where that has happened (I'll have to go check now).

After we didn't score in the first half, I was almost certain what would happen in the second.

Firstly, I hate the fucking Spam (I don't normally hate any club) but the fact that they only ever play decent football when they come up against us drives me nuts.

Secondly, I found myself once againthinking about how utterly knackered almost all looked once again - I've been warning about this for months.

After the game, Poch says what I've been saying, however we'll alll be relieved if we finish top 4 but I can't say I'd have any confidence that without 2/3 high quality additions in the summer that we could do it again next summer.

Everyone needs a summer off; so I hope all our England lads get an injury in the last game after we've won it and are unpickable for the nations cup; I'd never normally say that, but we seriously need a long break.

Odd isn’t it? You’d think we’ve just been relegated!
We have tailed off as the season has entered its final stages for sure but for the first half of the season we ground out wins and won ugly, something we could never do in previous years, and we did that with a fatigued squad having had the most players that represented their countries in the very final stages of the World Cup.
People want to point the finger at Levy for not adding to the squad, but he’s delivered the most amazing stadium I have ever stepped in.
Poch out because he’s tactically inept yet here we are in 3rd place and about to take on Ajax in the CL semifinals. All that with a depleted squad who have not had a summer off since 2017 and has been hit with injuries all season!

Let’s see how the mood swings on here if we get a decent first leg result tomorrow night?
Totally agree and coming from a true blue !!!

Apart from the top 2 the rest are light years behind.
If we win the CL it will be a miracle

Their squad depth is something we can only aspire to; the fact that there is such a points gap between them and us, is no surprise to me at all.

I've been saying for two seasons now we don't have the quality in depth of these two and Chelsea (who I think have just fcuked up), so for Poch to get us into the position he has after the WC we had, the injuries that followed and some of the intense games we've played in - is to his credit, but we're paying for it now.

But let's not kid ourselves, we're only going to finish top 4 because all our rvals for 3rd/4th have imploded the same time as we have!

In all my years as a Spurs fan, I don't think I can remember a season as strange as this one. There have just been so many factors that have made this season strange. All the stadium stuff, all the off-field issues like Lloris' drink driving stuff, the insane amount of injuries, players playing like world beaters one week and then disappearing off the face of the earth the next. Our manager spending a good few months at the beginning of the season acting like he was fed up with life and then being linked with the Real and Man Utd jobs for a good few months in the new year. And zero transfers. None.

Yet here we are. Sat in 3rd place in the PL, with a CL semi-final to look forward to, with one of the best stadiums in the world as our new home.

I'm just hoping for a settled season after a decent pre-season. Some new faces is also important.

I agree we are in an amazing position considering. It's now about getting the job done in the PL and the players finding the energy to do that.

CL is a bonus dream come true and if Poch is smart we can maybe stay in it after the first leg. Then hopefully get some players back for the second.

Here's how we line-up against West Ham...
Lloris (C), Foyth, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Davies, Rose, Dier, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Son. Subs: Gazzaniga, Trippier, Walker-Peters, Wanyama, Skipp, Llorente, Janssen.

Let's look who the tired ones are.

Toby possibly but has he shown evidence of it ?
Eriksen definitely.
Son definitely.

The last two should have been ok for at least 30 minutes and that may have been better in the second half replacing Llorente and Janssen.

Watching the 'training' session today, it's understandabley about as intense as a kick about in the park with a bunch of kids.

You can watch it on Periscope live.

I have watched some of the action and noted two good chances set up by Alli. But I thought he offered nothing?

Also Hugo once again fell back on his arse for their goal from a tight angle. He does this repeatedly and strikers must know now they just have to hit it high cos Hugo will collapse.