Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United FC (The Red Devils) | Page 12 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United FC (The Red Devils)

I genuinely feel we lost to a goal that Hugo should have (and Gazza could have) saved.
The rest was football where we battered their door for the second half!

Hugo seemed to hesitate before he dived. To be fair it was a good shot from Rashford who at least didn't shoot at the keeper like our lot. Ultimately it's Trippiers dumb arse pass that cost us so much.

Totally peed off we lost, will never hear the end of it at work. Pretty sure we will still make top 4, never actually thought we would win the PL. Tho it would have been nice to have been able to keep having a decent shout at it.
IMO the Chelsea 2nd leg is now massive, a not lose game. Would rather win that then beat Palace in the FA cup, if I had to choose.

Today is bitter sweet, on the one hand in the second half we pretty much battered UTD, with half decent finishing we would have got 3 at least. On the other hand, once again we come up short when it matters. BILLOX

Well, unlike the bloody Wolves game, cant fault the effort yesterday. Especially 2nd half. It is just a pity that Poch decided to start Tripp in such an important and competitive game. He had already shown a few errors e.g. missing his kick and ball bouncing off his standing leg b4 the goal.

2nd pity is we couldnt score despite all the chances.

Finishing Finishing Finishing

Simply not clinical enough to finish some of our good looks.

Dominating a half is great...but if you don't put the damn ball in the back of the net...which is whole damn point of the game...it doesn't mean shit.

Sucks that Kane went down....but to be fair, didn't we all see that coming? It was only a matter of time, he was never rested.

100% honest, Kane going down isn't our biggest loss in my opinion.

Sissoko being hurt was our biggest loss yesterday. He has been more impactful to the season and each and every game he was in. We simply do not have a workhorse like him that does all the 'dirty' work day in and day out.

Here's hoping Llorente takes advantage and nicks in a few goals.

Tough Loss, but I am hoping we bounce back. We are still in the thick of things and we will not win them all.

My summation....
All the talk is the Manure resurgence FFS.
We make one mistake and they scored.
We lose Sissoko who was up for it.
They had a few more chances but 2nd half we battered them and if we had been more clinical or De Gea not obssessed on the day we would have won easily and the plaudits would be for us.
The media love Manure and want them to get back to the top.
I saw a desperate defence who on any other day would have got embarrased.
Our injury problem won't go away.
Pogba should have been red carded.
De Gea yellowed for blatant time wasting
We lose Kane near the end.
Our players were no doubt sitting in the dressing room bewildered by that result.
We have week off now till Fulham.
How we bounce back will be key.
We did it after the Wolves defeat, we can do it again.
Absolutely gutted we did not get the 3 points.

My summation....
They had a few more chances but 2nd half we battered them and if we had been more clinical or De Gea not obssessed on the day we would have won easily and the plaudits would be for us.
Our players were no doubt sitting in the dressing room bewildered by that result.
You forgot to add Trippier is a donkey!

You forgot to add Trippier is a donkey!

Spesh I mentioned we made one mistake and they scored. I did not mention who made it because I do not know of any player ever who has not made a telling mistake so did not name and shame.

But as you have mentioned it my take is that you could argue for example that Alli and Kane made mistakes by not lifting their chances over De Gea instead of hitting their chances low on the ground too near to the keeper. ...I will concede that Trippier had another poor defensive game and that simply because he is not a defender by nature.!

So yes Trippier I concede is a defensive ASS

Totally peed off we lost, will never hear the end of it at work. Pretty sure we will still make top 4, never actually thought we would win the PL. Tho it would have been nice to have been able to keep having a decent shout at it.
IMO the Chelsea 2nd leg is now massive, a not lose game. Would rather win that then beat Palace in the FA cup, if I had to choose.

Today is bitter sweet, on the one hand in the second half we pretty much battered UTD, with half decent finishing we would have got 3 at least. On the other hand, once again we come up short when it matters. BILLOX

Yep, summed it up succinctly.

Shouldn't have lost - we blew it.

My point exactly. I have no issue with the endeavour or creativity we put in today. Its the X factor which seems to be consistently lacking amongst our players. Hence finishing not being clinical when it needs to be and goalkeepers and defenders playing for United upping their game when its required Time will tell if this 'group' has what it takes to become winners of the big trophy.
The problem is,have we got Time, another season of being also rans and the likes of Ericksen won't be hanging around.

My take on it is we battered them and lost primarily because of our poor finishing and a stonewall penalty not given by Dean (again). That made it a bit of a smash and grab by the poorer side Utd.

Anyway, on to Mike Dean. Once again, utter incompetence by a joke of a man. Phil Jones wrestled Kane to the ground and because Kane got a weak head on it, Dean doesn't even think about a penalty. The entire watching audience could see it was a STONEWALL PENALTY. Now I'll happily have a pop at the Spurs finishing, but that was a 1-1 game at best because of the penalty incident. Additionally, Mike Dean then tells the media that he gave the Pogba a yellow card for the tackle not the throwing the ball away. Souness was spot on about it being a red card. Pogba didn't put his foot in the place where you do the little drag back. He went higher and studded above Dele's knee. Straight red. Once again Mike Dean has absolutely done us and will continue to do so game after game. He needs removing from the higher echelons of refereeing. We also need VAR to ultimately right these wrongs in the game.

As for Trippier, I totally agree about him running out of lives. I would add that Son wants this luxury of playing up with Kane and there was another example of him not working hard enough in the right areas and showing for his full-back. Too little, too late for passing options and Trippier therefore overplayed it. Still Trips fault though and Vertonghen didn't cover himself in glory with his position either. For once, Lloris didn't dig us out either.

Very frustrating game as we battered them at Wembley. They had a few moments but for the entire second half we were relentless. Apart from the penalty and red card, it's totally down to Spurs why they lost the game. Gutted about the 2 injuries on top of Son being unavailable as well. Time for Levy to get active and get in Doucoure.

My summation....

Our players only have themselves to blame, amateurish finishing has no place in the PL. Successive home defeats to Utd and Wolves has meant we have failed the bounce back test. Beating lowly Cardiff was expected.

Speaking to the BBC following the game yesterday, Pochettino explained that for him it was the best we’ve played under his charge.

“It was an amazing second half, I am so pleased. Tottenham did everything to win the game. Maybe we dominated and we created a lot of chances. The team was fantastic. That is the best 45 minutes I have seen Tottenham play since I took in charge. Sometimes you win a game and you are disappointed, like when we won 3-0 at Old Trafford. Today the result should be different and I am happy. That is the way that we want to grow and play – taking risks, playing football that we are going to play.”

As for the Kane worry, he added.

“It was a clear foul on Harry Kane, a big hit, Mike Dean said he didn’t see it. It was a bad tackle and now he has bit of a swelling on his ankle. If Kane suffers an injury, it is going to be massive for us. He twisted his ankle and we hope that it is not a big issue.”

Everything crossed until we get confirmation.

Speaking to the BBC following the game yesterday, Pochettino explained that for him it was the best we’ve played under his charge.

“It was an amazing second half, I am so pleased. Tottenham did everything to win the game. Maybe we dominated and we created a lot of chances. The team was fantastic. That is the best 45 minutes I have seen Tottenham play since I took in charge. Sometimes you win a game and you are disappointed, like when we won 3-0 at Old Trafford. Today the result should be different and I am happy. That is the way that we want to grow and play – taking risks, playing football that we are going to play.”

As for the Kane worry, he added.

“It was a clear foul on Harry Kane, a big hit, Mike Dean said he didn’t see it. It was a bad tackle and now he has bit of a swelling on his ankle. If Kane suffers an injury, it is going to be massive for us. He twisted his ankle and we hope that it is not a big issue.”

Everything crossed until we get confirmation.
I agree with Poch, the second half display was at times the best I've seen us play. If a couple of the attempts on goal were 8 inches further away from the keeper, we would all be celebrating a 2-1 win!