Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United FC (The Red Devils) | Page 13 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United FC (The Red Devils)

Our players only have themselves to blame, amateurish finishing has no place in the PL. Successive home defeats to Utd and Wolves has meant we have failed the bounce back test. Beating lowly Cardiff was expected.

This is entirely true; our finishing was once again poor; Son, Kane and particularly Dele all had clearcut chances but all conspired to hit about a half dozen (or more) at DeGea’s chest, feet, or legs; so as |I said, we blew.

They get one clear cut chance, and buried it.

This is entirely true; our finishing was once again poor; Son, Kane and particularly Dele all had clearcut chances but all conspired to hit about a half dozen (or more) at DeGea’s chest, feet, or legs; so as |I said, we blew.

Sometimes, misfiring happens to the best of them. All Poch can do is encourage a great bunch of attackers in Kane, Son, Dele and Eriksen to keep practicing and playing.

Let's take it out on Fulham next week !!!

Rashford did what I was taught at school in the long distant past. Go low across the keeper into the corner. Alli makes the same unopposed run then shoots straight at DeGea. Pathetic at this level.

Rashford did what I was taught at school in the long distant past. Go low across the keeper into the corner. Alli makes the same unopposed run then shoots straight at DeGea. Pathetic at this level.

Not unopposed, he had a defender nibbling away at him and closing, Dele had to get his shot away as the angle was getting tight.

Let's not be hard on them.After enduring an onslaught from Chelsea in mid-week I thought the boys were magnificent in the second half agianst Utd.In footy you get days when the ball just won't go in,other times every shot goes in.That's the unpredictability of football & what makes it the most exciting game on the planet. Let's face it we've had days when we've won against the run of the play. I'm proud of the lads & our manager. Great crowd too.

Poch reckons the second half was the best half we have played so far.
IMHO it was obviously not, because we didn't score from the many many chances we had and we should have done.
Domination of a game means jack shit unless you score. even the pundits were saying at half time that we were at our most vulnerable when we had the ball in their half due to the speed of their breaks when we gave them the ball again and again and again and .....
Manure were supposed to be fragile in defence, especially from corners, but we made their defence look world class due to our profligacy in the final third.
Trippier??????? poch are you blind, stupid, simply insane, or does he have photo's of you shagging your dog?
Why did he not change things about insytead of still banging away at the same old thng.
Once again we fall flat at the big game we need to win.

our gameplan was working Chris. De Gea made 11 saves. Poch had faith that one of Kane, Dele or Son would actually manage to pick a corner of the net.

I don't think Poch really got anything wrong, bar perhaps starting Trippier (although for balance he had a good game vs Chelsea defensively). I know certain fans love a moan but sometimes the keeper has a worldy and your strikers aren't on their game. We played well up until doing the most important bit of sticking it in the net, that's not down to tactics or even personnel as Kane and Dele would bury those chances another game.

our gameplan was working Chris. De Gea made 11 saves. Poch had faith that one of Kane, Dele or Son would actually manage to pick a corner of the net.

I don't think Poch really got anything wrong, bar perhaps starting Trippier (although for balance he had a good game vs Chelsea defensively). I know certain fans love a moan but sometimes the keeper has a worldy and your strikers aren't on their game. We played well up until doing the most important bit of sticking it in the net, that's not down to tactics or even personnel as Kane and Dele would bury those chances another game.

Neither Aurier or KWP were on the bench, I'm not sure Poch had any choice but play Trippier.

Let's not be hard on them.After enduring an onslaught from Chelsea in mid-week I thought the boys were magnificent in the second half agianst Utd.In footy you get days when the ball just won't go in,other times every shot goes in.That's the unpredictability of football & what makes it the most exciting game on the planet. Let's face it we've had days when we've won against the run of the play. I'm proud of the lads & our manager. Great crowd too.

The squad is running on empty, there is no doubt about that.

Chelsea are going to pound us in the second leg.

No Son/potentially Kane.

Man Utd had all the advantages going in to the this game and during.

The Chelsea game was bound to take its toll. Mentally and physically Man Utd had more prep and recovery time. Most of our players have looked fatigued since before the Wolves game so all things considered I'm amazed we've done as well as we have. The Christmas schedule was insane!

During the game the ref offered no protection to our players. How many times did we see one of our players get bundled over and the ref didnt give a foul? And Pogba not being sent off was a bit of a joke.

Poch has to manage the players very carefully this week. I'd give them 3 days off if it was me. Tactics and fitness train mean nothing if the players are dead on the feet to begin with.

Not going to do the 20/20 hindsight bit regarding the game yesterday, naturally as gutted as the rest of you. I was watching with a United fan (my son) who was screaming at the telly for his team to not drop back so deep (and deeper still after the goal)...I reminded him of the score and that they, while taking a chance, were playing us like a fiddle (mainly thanks to DeGea), and the tactic worked.

Time to move on, not sure what Poch has planned for life without Kane and Sissoko, but one hopes Tripps is dropped and while Davies wasn't at fault for anything, I believe Rose should get the nod for the Fulham and Chelsea games (we need more pace on the flanks).
The big problem will be the holding role. The losses of Dier, Wanyama (in more ways than one), Dembele (almost certainly off to China for his retirement fund) and now the resurgent Sissoko; who gets to effectively protect the middle of the back line...not Harry Winks, too lightweight...maybe Foyth if he has the intelligence for the position, or Davies...not sure, but there seems to be options, just don't know how they'll work out.

The Kane injury wouldn't be such a worry if Sonny were sticking around, but he isn't, so it is; hoping Llorente can step up, but not holding my breath!

A day or two of wound licking and then back to work in earnest, we need to totally forget that result and prepare for the next games, where if we play anything like we did in the second half against manure Fulham will get thrashed and we'll show decently against the chavs, enough to get into the final!

Moving on...what's done is done, can't change it anyway. Time to think about Fulham.

One thing that will make everyone feel better is an epic ass kicking of Fulham. We need to put 5 by them and keep a clean sheet. No messing around!!

The Chelsea game was bound to take its toll. Mentally and physically Man Utd had more prep and recovery time. Most of our players have looked fatigued since before the Wolves game so all things considered I'm amazed we've done as well as we have. The Christmas schedule was insane!

During the game the ref offered no protection to our players. How many times did we see one of our players get bundled over and the ref didnt give a foul? And Pogba not being sent off was a bit of a joke.

Poch has to manage the players very carefully this week. I'd give them 3 days off if it was me. Tactics and fitness train mean nothing if the players are dead on the feet to begin with.
Trippier can have the rest of the year off if it was up to me

How can they have held all the advantages when we had 21 attempts on goal to their 13, and the greater share of possession. During the game we gave a perfect portrayal of what it means to be wasteful.

Not going to do the 20/20 hindsight bit regarding the game yesterday, naturally as gutted as the rest of you. I was watching with a United fan (my son) who was screaming at the telly for his team to not drop back so deep (and deeper still after the goal)...I reminded him of the score and that they, while taking a chance, were playing us like a fiddle (mainly thanks to DeGea), and the tactic worked.

Time to move on, not sure what Poch has planned for life without Kane and Sissoko, but one hopes Tripps is dropped and while Davies wasn't at fault for anything, I believe Rose should get the nod for the Fulham and Chelsea games (we need more pace on the flanks).
The big problem will be the holding role. The losses of Dier, Wanyama (in more ways than one), Dembele (almost certainly off to China for his retirement fund) and now the resurgent Sissoko; who gets to effectively protect the middle of the back line...not Harry Winks, too lightweight...maybe Foyth if he has the intelligence for the position, or Davies...not sure, but there seems to be options, just don't know how they'll work out.

The Kane injury wouldn't be such a worry if Sonny were sticking around, but he isn't, so it is; hoping Llorente can step up, but not holding my breath!

A day or two of wound licking and then back to work in earnest, we need to totally forget that result and prepare for the next games, where if we play anything like we did in the second half against manure Fulham will get thrashed and we'll show decently against the chavs, enough to get into the final!
I'd bring Davies into a central defensive spot as he was good there previously and have Rose as our left back.

How can they have held all the advantages when we had 21 attempts on goal to their 13, and the greater share of possession. During the game we gave a perfect portrayal of what it means to be wasteful.

They had all the advantages. The end result and how the game unfolded doesnt change that. If they were the better team, they would have gone on to win more comfortably. Instead we gave them a battering in the second half but our wastefulness, most likely due to mental fatigue, ended up being the decider.

]our gameplan was working Chris. De Gea made 11 saves. Poch had faith that one of Kane, Dele or Son would actually manage to pick a corner of the net.

I don't think Poch really got anything wrong, bar perhaps starting Trippier (although for balance he had a good game vs Chelsea defensively). I know certain fans love a moan but sometimes the keeper has a worldy and your strikers aren't on their game. We played well up until doing the most important bit of sticking it in the net, that's not down to tactics or even personnel as Kane and Dele would bury those chances another game.[/QUOTE]
It only worked in the first two thirds of the pitch, that was the problem, we were again reduced to speculative shots from outside the pen area, or trying to walk it through the defence to get into a packed defensive area, OGS did his homework on this one and out foxed Poch, as most of the shots we had were straight at de gea due to pressure on the shooter and them having no real time to compose set themselves up, Wew just don't seem to be the sort of team that takes that first time effort and be able to get it on target and in the net more often than not.
I's not that I like moaning Nick as I will give praise where it's due, I just don't see things through rose tinted spectacles any more having supported Spurs since the early 60s.