Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United FC (The Red Devils) | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United FC (The Red Devils)

D

Departed

Same lineup plus Lloris.

Although if Jan is back he always shows up against United.

Another title-winning game on the line.

Jan will start this one I reckon, he's been training over a week now.

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Jan, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Kane

Think this might be a draw, only because we look absolutely exhausted. Might stand more of a chance by starting Lamela and Moura (if fit) and bringing on Son & Dele later on in the game.

I think I would play Dele next to Sissoko and drop Winks for this. Moura and Sons pace with Eriksen behind Kane. Dele against Pogba could be explosive.

Gotta think this is a potential make or break game for both.

Beat united and they are not catching us, a win for them and they can and more than likely will.

We need to see real lift in performances and energy - do we have that in the locker?

Beat united and they are not catching us, a win for them and they can and more than likely will.

We need to see real lift in performances and energy - do we have that in the locker?

Agreed. Big game.

Would be good to knock them off of their pedestal. They truly believe that they have turned a corner by beating Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Reading!!!
We need to play our high pressing, high intensity game and we win. 3-1.

Tbf under Mourinho they're not winning those 5 in a row so they have turned a corner of sorts.

Need Sissoko to mark Pogba out the game like Dembele used to as he's playing with his tail up now. that will be an interesting battle.

Pretty serious marker for both teams tbh...

Time to show if we are pretenders or contenders!! (again)

Even a draw would end their 'run' and bring back the fears of them not being good enough to compete this season for a top four.

But as a draw seems non-existant for us, we have to win.

I've been told that there has been a palpable step down in the intensity of training sessions lately and more emphasis put on shape/tactics etc - if true it would suggest that fatigue within our squad is a real fear.

Even a draw would end their 'run' and bring back the fears of them not being good enough to compete this season for a top four.

I've been told that there has been a palpable step down in the intensity of training sessions lately and more emphasis put on shape/tactics etc - if true it would suggest that fatigue within our squad is a real fear.

Interesting info about training intensity.

Which was always going to be the case with this squad without injuries.

Add the injuries and it’s even worse.

But I imagine we will just carry on without adding and hoping for the best.

Berbs thinks Manure go into this with a major advantage:

Man Utd have advantage over Tottenham for one key reason - Dimitar Berbatov

MANCHESTER UNITED have the advantage at Wembley this weekend because Tottenham will be tired from their midweek clash.

That’s according to Dimitar Berbatov, who has played for both sides during his career.
The two sides go head-to-head on Sunday, with Solskjaer targeting his sixth consecutive win since replacing Jose Mourinho as boss.
United have been enjoying a warm-weather break in Dubai this week while Spurs overcame Chelsea 1-0 in the first leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final on Tuesday.

Mauricio Pochettino’s side are staying in touch in the Premier League title race and sit just six points behind leaders Liverpool.

“United need to use that to their advantage.”
Former Man Utd and Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov​
And while Berbatov thinks United may be sharper, he believes the enormity of the fixture will encourage Spurs to shake off any fatigue.
“One thing we know for sure is that Spurs will field many of the same players who featured on Tuesday night,” he told Betfair.

“There may well be a bit of tiredness in the group and United need to use that to their advantage.

“If they are clever and keep the ball, speeding up the game when possible and exploiting any space then they have a chance to defeat Tottenham.

“United have spent the week in Dubai while Spurs have been playing another tough 90 minutes.

“Those weeks of warm weather training are great. You are with the boys, joking around, doing what you love to do and training with a smile on your face.

“At the same time, you're getting ready for the next game. You are with your other family, recharging your batteries.

“I know they will be prepared for the game and let's see if they can use that freshness to better Spurs.

“Both teams need to be clever - Spurs must find a way to be fresh, United have to use any fatigue the opposition shows to their advantage - and that's why this is going to be such an interesting game to watch.

“There's a chance that Spurs won't feel tired of course."

“Big players always want to play and the adrenaline of a top fixture, especially when up against a club like United, may keep them going.”
Sunday’s clash kicks off at 4.30pm.

We certainly looked tired but we will have had a five day break so it shouldn't be a problem, should it.? We have broken our UTD hoodoo over the last few seasons so if we are on top of our game and don't allow them to dictate the game the way Chelski did, we should win this. I know all my Manc mates are not confident about this game.

Arsenal result takes some of the pressure off before we even kick a ball.

No way are they finishing above us, Man Utd have more of a chance now especially with the game tomorrow.

If we beat them tomorrow it more a less guarantees CL football next season already. Arsenal wont gain 11 points on us.