Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa FC The Lions | Page 21 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa FC The Lions

Strange subs bench yesterday. Dier, Aurier and Wanyama all injury returnees with no pre season. No CB when Tanganga has been training with the first team and Vert was not injured. No striker when Parrott is emerging.

Like you, thought it was a badly balanced bench, but I’ve given up trying to understand some of Pochettino’s substitute decisions - that said he got it all right yesterday so it’s churlish to Criticise him - there’s going to be plenty of other opportunities to do that - as an aside, I think Tanganga was carrying a knock

The first half stats were heavily in our favour too. We conceded and failed to convert 3 good chances which kind of masks the truth. Although we were a little rusty in places we played better than them first half.

Second half without Eriksen we upped our game and pinned them back from the off. Of course Eriksen did make a difference but our play had already improved. Moura and Ndombele were part passengers first half but they got going second half. Lamela was a constant contributor and eventually made a difference robbing Grealish and an unintentional assist for Kane to score. Sissoko again was a constant threat but couldn't find the final ball until his assist for Kane.

Afraid Lamela was a liability for me apart from when he robbed Grealish - other than that he made us play narrow and lost the ball in so many good positions he was driving us all nuts.

WTF why would we sell him now.

You saw his form end of last season - that was born from a disinterest. Once you know you’re moving it affects the way you think and the commitment you show on and off the pitch and that in his mind is where his head is at now.

If by some miracle we can get him to Change his mind - brilliant but if we dig in and stop his dream
Move we’ll be holding onto a player who couldn’t care less - and that will be a price not worth paying.

Last edited:
You saw his form end of last season - that was born from a disinterest. Once you know you’re moving it affects the way you think and the commitment you show on and off the pitch and that in his mind is where his head is at now.

If by some miracle we can get him to Change his mind - brilliant but if we dig in and stop his dream
Move we’ll be holding onto a player who couldn’t care less - and that will be a price not worth paying.

Jan?

He was brilliant in CL final

If I understand correctly Ex has repeated what we all know that Eriksen wants out, it was his countryman whose family member is close to Eriksen's team that said he's gone, but Ex has also dropped the bombshell that Jan's plan is to leave this window... If so that's pretty terrible news, I'd sooner lose Toby as I don't like Sanchez at LCB alongside Toby anywhere near as much as I like him at RCB alongside Jan.

If I understand correctly Ex has repeated what we all know that Eriksen wants out, it was his countryman whose family member is close to Eriksen's team that said he's gone, but Ex has also dropped the bombshell that Jan's plan is to leave this window... If so that's pretty terrible news, I'd sooner lose Toby as I don't like Sanchez at LCB alongside Toby anywhere near as much as I like him at RCB alongside Jan.

The balance is better with Sanchez and Verts. A natural right footer next to a natural left footer. One destroyer, one classy ball playing CB. Perfect combination.

If Verts goes I'll be gutted. We better be looking for his replacement.

Watching MOTD again, Jan is incredibly pissed off,our best player for the last few seasons and Poch wont play him, theres seriously something wrong there...
Isn't it ironic though, all eyes were on Toby to depart and here we are wondering what's going on with our other FB, which many thought earned a legend status.

Is it all part of the 'unrest' that Trippier was referring to?

Isn't it ironic though, all eyes were on Toby to depart and here we are wondering what's going on with our other FB, which many thought earned a legend status.

Is it all part of the 'unrest' that Trippier was referring to?
It did seem odd.
Jan sat in the stands with his massive sunglasses on and no real explanation from Poch.
On the other hand I take on (what I think Ex) was saying about if Sanchez is gonna be in from next season he needs to play. One of Toby or Verts has to be dropped....I dunno.