Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa FC The Lions | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa FC The Lions

Mate I'm looking forward to this going to find a Taverna on the island and watch with a woman on my lap and a cold brew in hand.?

I’m looking for more clean sheets. 2-0 would be good. 3-0 would be better 4-0 would be a proper win. We need to see a clean improvement with the new players. Ok, they may need to bed in but a move towards a new shape Spurs would do us all good.

Eventually I think we'll see Ndombele left of Winks and Lo Celso right of Winks in a 3 man midfield.

For Villa, I'm expecting Lo Celso on the bench and Sissoko on the right of Winks. Then it's Eriksen and Lamela ahead of Winks playing narrow behind Kane. Moura will be the impact sub for this one.

Unlikely we will see Lo celso/Sess injured

I imagine it would be the starting line up from inter with Toby/Christian in

I have no idea how to call this as they have - what is it - 13/14 new players?

knitting them all together will be a challenge, but they'll go into this game with that newly promoted bounce - I hate playing newly promoted teams early on, as they so often play way above themselves.

Spurs home win. Can't wait to be there!

I have no idea how to call this as they have - what is it - 13/14 new players?

knitting them all together will be a challenge, but they'll go into this game with that newly promoted bounce - I hate playing newly promoted teams early on, as they so often play way above themselves.

Spurs home win. Can't wait to be there!

I always think it’s better to play them first as they don’t know what to expect.

We turn up it’s not an issue

I always think it’s better to play them first as they don’t know what to expect.

We turn up it’s not an issue

hmm, the stats support that newly promoted teams tend to get the big surprises early in their new promoted season and then get found out.....

Hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Im expecting a big season from Moura. He looked sharp in pre season and finished last season in fine form. He could be a serious player for us this season

When Eriksen goes he will have a massive chance to make one of the forward positions his own.

If we go 433 I think he will nail down a first team spot quickly. His pace and dribbling skills are not matched by anyone else at the club. Maybe Sess in the future.

Alli is the one that might struggle. For the first time in his career here he now has genuine competition. Even if Eriksen goes.

hmm, the stats support that newly promoted teams tend to get the big surprises early in their new promoted season and then get found out.....

Hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Lets be honest though that Villa squad is bang average.

Lets be honest though that Villa squad is bang average.

The honest answer is I don't know it is - alot of Pundits are saying they've spent wisely and picked up some excellent players - I haven't heard of half of them so can't be so sure!