Top 4 and Where will we finish? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Top 4 and Where will we finish?

I've got the winners right more than not last 10 years and I've never been less sure... I've changed my mind about 3 times in a week. It does look like City are one KDB injury away from losing their dominance now which is unexpected, but also might just be that they've not got their fitness levels there yet. United could go either way but I suspect Ole will get a big call wrong and lose momentum at some point. Liverpool will either shoot back up to challenge with VVD return, or go the way we did after a few seasons of high press with the same players and just have a rotating injury list that means they never get up to full speed. It's really tough to call.

Will probably change it later but going to go

Chelsea
City
United
Liverpool
Spurs

I've got the winners right more than not last 10 years and I've never been less sure... I've changed my mind about 3 times in a week. It does look like City are one KDB injury away from losing their dominance now which is unexpected, but also might just be that they've not got their fitness levels there yet. United could go either way but I suspect Ole will get a big call wrong and lose momentum at some point. Liverpool will either shoot back up to challenge with VVD return, or go the way we did after a few seasons of high press with the same players and just have a rotating injury list that means they never get up to full speed. It's really tough to call.

Chelsea
City
United
Liverpool
Spurs

I prompted for Manure to win it, they've upgraded where they needed to and I think Ollie's apprenticeship is well and truly over.

I think they'll surprise.

I prompted for Manure to win it, they've upgraded where they needed to and I think Ollie's apprenticeship is well and truly over.

If they continue the way they started it won't be that much of a surprise. United and Chelsea look well capable of taking City to the wire this season.

Chelsea
MU
City
Pool
Spurs
Leic
…….
Ars…relegated (dreaming)
Tbh any of top four are capable depends on rest of T-window…tough ask for us or Leicester to get amongst them this season!

Chelsea
City
United
Liverpool
Spurs
Can't argue with your logic, I still think if Harry stays and we bring in another CB/RB ,we have a shot at 4th. With a more solid back 4 I still think we have enough to create chances, and there aren't many better than Harry and Sonny to tuck them away.

I'm sensing a tussle between the old foes myself. Think Chelski will be too strong for them though.

Can't argue with your logic, I still think if Harry stays and we bring in another CB/RB ,we have a shot at 4th. With a more solid back 4 I still think we have enough to create chances, and there aren't many better than Harry and Sonny to tuck them away.
There's often a decent team who makes a proper assault on top 4 as they don't have European competition... I know we sort of do, but I'd imagine we'll be resting big players for most of those ties so it could even be us this year.

With the Mourinho shackles off and a few players finally getting fit we really could do some damage if top 4 sides drop points when fixture congestion gets in their way... but it's very tough to call atm. Trying not to get carried away after the City result but it shows there is genuine potential there if we can be consistent.

I'm staying strong on my Man Utd prediction. They've got a very good team now but I still do not rate Ole at all and Pogba disappearing so often tends to be their undoing. Also, one injury to Bruno and they will notice how important he is to them. They were fantastic against Leeds, but I'm still not conviced.

There's often a decent team who makes a proper assault on top 4 as they don't have European competition... I know we sort of do, but I'd imagine we'll be resting big players for most of those ties so it could even be us this year.

With the Mourinho shackles off and a few players finally getting fit we really could do some damage if top 4 sides drop points when fixture congestion gets in their way... but it's very tough to call atm. Trying not to get carried away after the City result but it shows there is genuine potential there if we can be consistent.

There are three teams that might surprise: West Ham, Leicester (the obvious one) and Everton..and us, and I back us to press hard for that top 4 spot, but suspect we will just fall short this season.

There are three teams that might surprise: West Ham, Leicester (the obvious one) and Everton..and us, and I back us to press hard for that top 4 spot, but suspect we will just fall short this season.

Yeah I agree with that. Although, West Ham might start to struggle a bit as the Europa games roll around. That is normally the undoing of teams who don't have the depth in the squad like the Euro-regulars. Leicester have a very good squad so I can't see them struggling.

Liverpool
Chelsea
Man City
Man Utd
Spurs

Liverpool favs for me as they are stable and have couple of key players returning.
Chelsea fast out of the blocks and Tuchel got some fire power too.
Man City imo will be in doldrums trying to rebuild around Kane and Grealish.
Man United will fall by the wayside as Ole doesn't have the mentality and tinkers!.

I am expecting Vardy to start fading this season and goals to dry up for Leicester. Hence we could well pip them to 5th.

PS, ...and I am sticking by these predictions as it's only Spurs and City likely to do any business late on, and the impact will be reflected as per above!

Last edited:
I think we'll pip M.U for fourth, Leicester will be involved in Europa and we all know how draining that can be. MU are in CL. I would suspect we'll play fringe players till later stages assuming we are still in it.
Dele looks like he wants to play, Ryan and Skip have been added to squad. With the couple of addition i expect I would be confident of 4th.

Great to see some optimism returning. Only a few weeks ago almost everyone had resigned themselves to a slow and long rebuild process. Making 4th or 5th would be quite some feat and will further endorse what a fk up we've been through and all that was required was just a basic service to the engine and a new driver!

Great to see some optimism returning. Only a few weeks ago almost everyone had resigned themselves to a slow and long rebuild process. Making 4th or 5th would be quite some feat and will further endorse what a fk up we've been through and all that was required was just a basic service to the engine and a new driver!

I have us as sneaking 5th, to me that will be one hell of an achievement after what Jose did to us.

but it's early days and we have a long way to go yet!

No doubt Levy/Joe Lewis didn't invest when they should have, but I really feel we need to recognise that under Poch we seriously over achieve. We were always going to have a dip, Covid didn't help as we were on the cusp of being able to compete. For me this is where Levy comes into his own, his structuring of deals should be applauded IMO

I
I have us as sneaking 5th, to me that will be one hell of an achievement after what Jose did to us.

but it's early days and we have a long way to go yet!
Think we can do better than that Ex, if the atmosphere in dressing room is good we certainly have a better squad than M.U. IMO, they may have a better starting 11. But i think they have a lot more dross than us on huge wages.