Top 4 and Where will we finish? | Vital Football

Top 4 and Where will we finish?

Spursex

Alert Team
Come on don't be shy.

Of course, the two are not mutually exclusive.

But this will be for a charity donation to a charity of your choice at the end of the season:

My Top 4 is:

1.ManUnited
2.Chelsea
3.Man City
4.Liverpool

and we will finish 5th...

the decider should no one get it exactly right will be; you must name the winners and where we finish.

Come on don't be shy.

Of course, the two are not mutually exclusive.

But this will be for a charity donation to a charity of your choice at the end of the season:

My Top 4 is:

1.ManUnited
2.Chelsea
3.Man City
4.Liverpool

and we will finish 5th...

the decider should no one get it exactly right will be; you must name the winners and where we finish.
When's the deadline? The squad could look very different by the end of the transfer window or even this time next week.

I'll answer this when the window closes.

Right now it'd be: Chelsea, City, Liverpool, United and we'd finish 6th.

If city get a top striker, I'd switch the two. Lots of surgery required to our squad still.

I've just been reading Tony Cascarino's predictions for the finishing positions of clubs in the PL this year and he has us as 10th!

As things stand right now I would go:

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Man United
5. Leicester
6. Spurs

I've just been reading Tony Cascarino's predictions for the finishing positions of clubs in the PL this year and he has us as 10th!

As things stand right now I would go:

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Man United
5. Leicester
6. Spurs
Haha Gary, Tony Cascarino, is a pundit who just follows the line! and talks out of his arse lol!

You have us 6th behind the Foxes, I believe it will be a swap about, us 5th, as we are, but add a couple of good signings then who knows, in Nuno I believe.

With all the variables in play and a leap of faith in Fabio, I'm going to say 5th but reserve the right to change up to deadline day.

Current thinking.....

Top 4 will be City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd in that order.

City will jkust keep on being City, probably with Kane to add to Grealish.
Tuchel, Lukaku and second season Havertz will make a big difference.
Van Dijk and Fabinho back in holding midfield will also help Liverpool.
Utd is the tough one to call as I'm not sure yet whether they're addressing defensive midfield. They need to.

I'm predicting a transfer raid on Leicester that might hurt them like in the past. That will put them in the same second pot as Spurs and Gooners. Anything could happen there but I'm backing Nuno.

The gap between 7th and the rest will be significant and not even Rafa or Bielsa will be able to close it.

I struggle to look past Tuchel at the moment. He seems to have to the number on Pep.

Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester, Arsenal.

It will probably be once again marginal between 5th to 7th with even the 8th/9th not being far off.

Just please don't let West Ham finish above us again.

With all the variables in play and a leap of faith in Fabio, I'm going to say 5th but reserve the right to change up to deadline day.

Current thinking.....

Top 4 will be City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd in that order.

City will jkust keep on being City, probably with Kane to add to Grealish.
Tuchel, Lukaku and second season Havertz will make a big difference.
Van Dijk and Fabinho back in holding midfield will also help Liverpool.
Utd is the tough one to call as I'm not sure yet whether they're addressing defensive midfield. They need to.

I'm predicting a transfer raid on Leicester that might hurt them like in the past. That will put them in the same second pot as Spurs and Gooners. Anything could happen there but I'm backing Nuno.

The gap between 7th and the rest will be significant and not even Rafa or Bielsa will be able to close it.
I reckon one of Villa or Leeds will mix it up with the big boys. We could see one of them pushing hard for a European place.

Spam will have a difficult season. They could find themselves in a spot of bother if they don't improve their squad.

I struggle to look past Tuchel at the moment. He seems to have to the number on Pep.

It will probably be once again marginal between 5th to 7th with even the 8th/9th not being far off.

Scaling your squad for your first season in Europe is always tough. I'm hoping that will be enough to hamper West Ham.

I just look at Chelsea & i see no weaknesses. The only chance i see of anyone catching them is if Kante were to get injured. For me he's the best player by far in the league.

I think they get by, but a 36 year old Thiago Silva plus Rudiger, Christensen and Zouma can be upgraded. Tuchel is smart though. He quite often plays 3 at the back to counter that slight deficiency.
I like Rudiger. As a matter of fact i wanted him here last season. Not too many have time for Christensen either but i believe he's an accomplished CH. Thiago is one of the best in the business. A bit leg weary at his age but still has plenty to offer.

Of all of their defenders it would be Zouma i'd be looking to replace. I'm not sure of their transfer activity but i wouldn't be at all surprised to see him moved on before the window closes.

I've gone for City over Chelsea because they have greater scoring power (even without Kane).

Chelsea were fantastically organised last season under Tuchel and gave away very few goals. But they won a lot of games by slender margins and that's very hard to replicate across a full season.

Of course, they signed Lukaku to remedy that. But if City sign Kane they've got a better forward.

City just blast teams sway. They had a goal difference of 51 last season and a 19 points superiority over Chelsea. That's a lot to make up.

Chelsea
Liverpool
City
United
in that order. 5th-6th will be between Leicester and ourselves. I don't think that Leicester will be top four challengers to the same extent that they have been for the past two seasons, we may get past them if we start well, but I'd settle at this stage for top six in what has to be a transitional season. I just hope that too much pressure isn't applied on the manager and team re top four finish, it just won't happen. Nuno will do well if he reverses the slide that began late Poch and increased in momentum under Mourinho