Tony Xia Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

I like the optimism holtlower and the list of players is impressive, but, if that squad couldn't get us up last season what has to change so they can do it this coming year?

The difference is, that squad didn't start playing until November - if they play from August this year - we should have more than enough

Don't forget Baggies are on a wind and prayer....4-5 players with relegation release fees and their big players like Rondon etc. They could be the next Sunderland if the poachers come calling.

The difference is, that squad didn't start playing until November - if they play from August this year - we should have more than enough
Problem is we didn't start playing until we got most other than Kodjia back - Jack, Terry etc and the rest gelled with some kids stepping up.

If them three are gone, no Snoddy, Grabban, Adomah rumours are rife.....and we're back to gelling, so no August start again.

I agree with that Yank, I'm just tempering the other comments. IF the group we're left with even minus Jack, even minus Kodjia could click - well we'd be in a completely different place for me.

Not even remotely, but again we beat ourselves the first match against them, and won the second match we played them. Most of the matches we lost last season were not getting beaten by the better team, they were us putting in lazy/disinterested performances with way too much respect for the opponent.

Cut out even 1/4th of the lazy performances and we would have been auto promoted. Now yes, I get that comes down to the same players/manager this year as last year and it's a big "if" but we really have it there for the taking should we just take it
For me a lot of the games last season only the team spirit pulled us through.This where for next season is can we possibly create the same spirit if we still have this big cloud hanging over us.

Steer

Elmo Chester Jedi Hutton

Whelan

Adomah Hourihane Green

Hogan Kodjia

Others

Taylor, Bree (forgot him earlier !) , Lansbury , Davis , Tuanzebe (probably), O'Hare, Bunn, - youngsters who may / can step up like Clark, Lyden, Rushian HM,

Some that will probably go on loan but maybe not like Sulliman (that I would like to see stay and given a chance in the Cups etc...

And then the enigmas that are McCormack and Richards

ALl them from my head - I have probably missed some.

Tell me a club, including Albion, Swansea and Boro that can boast that squad.

No matter what is going on off the pitch, we have MORE than enough on it - this is down to Bruce now !

It's also down to the players, and I'd argue a number could gloat about their staff given it's hype when it comes to ours in a backup sense (and you know I believe in youth) and there are issues with that lineup.

Seen Stoke's lately for a start? Their issue is Rowett for me.

Brentford....Millwall if they can work last year's magic. Sheff U now they can actually spend some cash.

It's a good letter in and of itself clear and to the point. However if he is looking for investment I would be inclined to think any public statement alluding to stability etc is aimed at potential investors not the fans.

Anyway I've just about had my fill of it. My message to Tony is sort it or piss off. If he has steadied the ship and worked out a sensible plan for the season then fair enough. I just want the football to start now. If we don't flog any players (apart from Grealish who will have to go) we should be able to mount a decent challenge for the play offs. If Xia sells off half the first team before the season starts then I'll revise my opinion start moaning again.

He's wrong on investment - it depends how the investment is accounted for a start but I won't go into that.

It's a shame that took so long, apart from some issues, a month ago that would've been genius.

And yes I'm with Bikini, that is a message to the fans but it's a more message to investors - especially the significant experience (whose left?) as the EFL are already looking at experience in our boardroom now given the departures.

And suggestions Steve Bruce can revert to the 80's where the manager did everything including the cup of tea is batshit. He's not Fergie, he's a different breed - all managers are these days.

Contract negotiations of sign it or fuck off, ask for another 50quid and I'll punch you, you jumped up shit went out with Alf Garnett.

That is actually quite clever when you break it down. Fair play. Overstate one angle, change focus, deny previous need for an overstatement, change focus again so people take is the emphasis.

Well there you / we have it - thats what people wanted, thats what we have got.

If true (and I have no reason to doubt it) then I say thats fair enough. It is what we all knew 6 months ago. It does sound like Grealish and maybe one or two others may be sold, there is not much money to replace unless we get outside investment, but the club is safe.

If thats the case, then there isn't any shock in that - we all knew it, Bruce knew it, Wyness knew it and the press knew it.

As I said a few posts ago - we have MORE than enough quality to still get top 6 - christ, Millwall abd Brentford got 1 week away from it - I am sure we can.

Lets just put the last few weeks to bed now , we know a few will leave, we know we have to go with what is left - so lets enjoy it like we all did last season.

One thing is for certain, my trust in the Bham Mail is now absolutely ZERO !

What has been announced???

Great statement and Bruce should take a bow sticking with the club. Let’s hope the fee we get for Grealish is £20m plus. That will give something that Bruce can work with. As always it’s overpaid hangers on that bleed the club without flinching.