Tony Xia Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

Next season will be all about trying to stay in the championship on a shoe string budget with an absent owner. Get used to it chaps. Mind you, the upside is hopefully some of the youngsters will finally get their chance.

Maybe our President Emeritus can dig deep and hand back some of the £60m odd he trousered when he sold up to Yankee Doodle Randy.
He does have his name on one of the stands so perhaps he could sponsor that.

Haha, yes Doug putting money in instead of taking out, novel idea! He didn't get the full amount on sale btw, it was a PLC remember, he only got the % of the value according to his shareholding and that of his family.

I shouldn't think China give a flying fcuk about it to be honest. It might occupy a huge place in our time but this won't even register in a country of 1.3 billion people. They might just have other things to occupy them.

I know Melon I read somewhere that some countries and I believe China was one of them monitor the internet for stories that bring both adverse and good publicity to their country so on the basis that we make enough noise.......

My vote for best owners goes to the Bendalls thought they were up front from memory and cannot remember them embarrassing the club.

We haven't had a descent chairman since Harry kartz.
Bit off topic but that reminded me of Harry Parkes who was an ex villa player and director (I think) , he had a cracking sports shop aswell on corporation street by the law courts , not far from Lancaster Circus

Reactions: OVB
Let's put it this way the club was not on the brink of Administration when Xia bought it and much of the culling had already been done under Lambert. Dr Tony is to blame for this and nobody else. He sold himself as some sort of wizard and it turns out he was just a fair ground grifter.
Point of order - wages went up under Lambert. Eck did the work and cut.

Next season will be all about trying to stay in the championship on a shoe string budget with an absent owner. Get used to it chaps. Mind you, the upside is hopefully some of the youngsters will finally get their chance.
Do you honestly see Mr. Bruce going against all of his instincts and relying on the youngsters, a lot of whom are not that young anymore.

Bit off topic but that reminded me of Harry Parkes who was an ex villa player and director (I think) , he had a cracking sports shop aswell on corporation street by the law courts , not far from Lancaster Circus

Did his own voice over adverts on BRMB

He certainly did.

Not sure Bendall was a good owner he had some very murky dealings and he got rid of Lord Ron. Mind you compared to Doug at the time Bendall seemed a saint.

Reactions: OVB
For me, crucially what's been lost over the last couple of months is the belief that Dr X has the business acumen, finance and intent to put us back in the position of a stable Premier League team that has the ability to challenge for honours. I never fell for the Chinese billionaire hype, the 5 year development plan and the tweeting nonsense. However, It did appear that he might be a shrewd business man, had appointed a sensible management team and was willing to invest within his means. I believed that he had a practical plan B should we not get promoted.

All that hope and positivity has disappeared and say what you will, we're in a worse position that we were when Lerner's divorce robbed us of his interest and attention. No off field structure, no leadership, no money, no plan, no explanation.

When we were first relegated, before Dr X arrived, I stated that I feared I may not see a stable Aston Villa, competing at the highest level again in my life time. I worried that we would become another Leeds Utd, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday. Now it would appear that is what we must aspire to - mediocrity and survival:shake::shake:

I'm 57 now. If it takes us as long as the clubs mentioned to get out of this shit, I'll be 77+ That's why I'm angry and upset.