Tony Xia Thread | Page 62 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

And why on earth not ???

You see, this is what I don't get about all this hype around Jack.

Granted, he played well in the last 5 months, but that was all he did - play well, he probably played "very well" in around 6 - 8 games. Sorry Kefkat, if we can get somewhere around 30m , for a player who has played well for 5 months in the Championship, we should snap their bloody hands off. It may save the club and he he is that good that he would almost certainly be a "EFL Cup" player for whichever club buys him - especially Spurs - is he going to get in ahead of Erikson, Alli and Son ???

Think about this, Chelsea payed that for a player who was already being touted at the time as the best player in the world - a player that tonight , totally tore the best team in the world apart - Eden Hazard

If we get the same for Jack Grealish, it would be daylight robbery.

Now, dont get me wrong, I would rather he stay here, help us get back to the Premier League and become the new Ian Taylor - but it ain't gonna happen, and I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it.

I have to say, from what I have saw with O'Hare - I don't even think we will miss him, and before you jump down my throat, people thought we would never replace Little, Gray, McInally, Platt, God etc...etc..... (used them specifically because) we did with Shaw, Olney, Yorke, Ugo - all players from the youth set up that people, including me (when I wrote to GT telling him how absurd it was that Olney could fill the hole) slagged !the club off for selling the crown jewels.

We were bloody useless last year until Jack got fit

Hmmm some interesting parts in that more the omissions than what is stated we have no bank loans but what about the overdraft is that 20 mill + then its a bit different. FFP and McParlands figures look there abouts to me would mean we should be able to hold on for a decent fee for Jack and shifting 4-5 more of the lesser lights should be enough.
The big but is operating capital is there any money in the kitty to pay the day to day bills for the next few months if not then player sales will have to happen quickly and at cut price fees just to pay the bills.

I'm not worried about slimming the squad down. It's too big. Bruce said it's too big. There are players earning big money who are lucky to get on the bench.

I'm not worried about missing out on targets, not too much. Signing Johnstone would have been good, but I'd take a gamble on Steer and keep Bunn as a reasonable if not stellar backup.

What worries me somewhat is selling our better players, if we do. That could set us back years. There's a two-fold catch. We lose the expertise. And other clubs will expect cut-price deals. We lose out both ways.

I still hope we keep Jack unless we get a really stellar offer. And we should start by clearing out the expensive deadwood as far a possible.

We can still do loan deals after August 9th and I suspect Bruce will be thinking of that.

We can still have a good competitive squad, if Tone doesn't just simply flog off Jack for peanuts. Maybe even more important, we need to keep Chester; losing Johnstone we can cope with, losing Chester cripples our solid defence. Don't think Bruce would let that happen.

Last edited:
I can only like a post once Merlin - thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad somebody saw 'bank loans' and had the same thought. I'm now content!

Yup - transfer deadline ends 9th.....loan to buy doesn't.

I also agree time for Steer to lead. He's impressed and waited long enough.

An alternative scenario could be that he is staying as he has assurances that Jack will not be sold. He long said last season that Jack was the player he wanted to build the team around. Its feasible that this is the case
Another scenario is that having failed with the full squad and cash for the last two seasons - then this one is a free hit
Lack of results is down to the potless owner/clusterfuck (which may largely be correct despite the drivel about our massive squad)

This statement is a load of shite tbh dear supporter

Much as I love Jack the same as many I think we should understand the lad needs to move for his own career prospects and after his service I think we should wish him well. Its sadly inevitable and despite the docs bollox the club have little choice. I had resigned myself to Jack going at wembley what I did not expect was we would fail to sign Sam Johnstone that feckin hurt after nurturing him for 2 years with a fee of £5 mill really showed what a total fuck up this owner really is.

I a man still confused as to where all the money has gone since Xia arrived as our income has been greater than our expenditure and Lerner had wiped the slate clean at point of sale.
The numbers just don't stack up

Another scenario is that having failed with the full squad and cash for the last two seasons - then this one is a free hit
Lack of results is down to the potless owner/clusterfuck (which may largely be correct despite the drivel about our massive squad)

This statement is a load of shite tbh dear supporter

Yep.

I'm firmly on the fence after this statement. In fact I'm probably over the fence onto the side that says Tony is a clown and is risking the very existence of the club.

If I'm being kind the best I can say is 'ok Tony now don't tell us, show us'

Sorry does not even come close the worst part is he is now going to talk sense. This means yes ok I was talking bollox before but believe me this is the truth. Yes Tony or you could be talking bollox again and the next statement will be ok things were worse than I said..........

I a man still confused as to where all the money has gone since Xia arrived as our income has been greater than our expenditure and Lerner had wiped the slate clean at point of sale.

If I was a cynical bastard Silhill, I'd look and see that the Recon Group have been having cashflow problems and think, money syphoned off to help the parent group.

How do you work out the income has been greater than the expenditure?

Even if it was, for FFP it was the last two years in the PL which were a killer, where we lost a bomb. Lerner writing anything off doesn't make the slightest difference to the figures used for FFP.

How do you work out the income has been greater than the expenditure?

Even if it was, for FFP it was the last two years in the PL which were a killer, where we lost a bomb. Lerner writing anything off doesn't make the slightest difference to the figures used for FFP.
Forget about FFP for a moment , our income since Xia landed has been higher than expenditure so why have we got a major cashflow problem

I just can't bring myself to speculate on any of this, other than to say someone (or some people) who are either currently at Aston Villa, or were until recently, are extremely dishonest and deceitful people. We may never know the truth.
Either way, its embarrassing and a black eye on the great name of this institution.

Slept on it, read it again sober twice. Does the bloke think we are a load of clueless mugs. Sell the thing and fuck back off under the spare rib you crawled from under

Dear Dr X,

the twenty years until I'm 77 starts now. Please try and keep the years of mediocrity to a minimum.

I quite enjoyed challenging for promotion and can't wait to see how our best players get on in their new homes in the Premier League. Shame about those overpaid has beens that nobody will want. Perhaps you could ask them for a loan to help with FFP. Hopefully we'll achieve our goals next season, manage to not lose too heavily to Small Heath and Sandwell and have a run in the Caribou Cup thing. Thanks for reassuring me that our club is in safe hands.

PS Looking forward to new turqouise and pink uniform and I'm really pleased that we still have a ground and training complex that belongs to us.:hmmm:

yours

Pinch of salt.

For me the telling part of his letter is the paragraph "With that comes a reality check over performance and expectation for the season ahead but also the opportunity to work smartly in the transfer market, bring through young talent and draw on the experience of our manager". Mid table it is (at best) then! We all know Bruce doesn't have the ability to develop & bring through younger players so most likely they will be sent out on loan to get them off the wage bill. 'work smartly in the transfer market' expect the arrival of Bruce jnr and other former Bruce has-beens!

Reactions: OVB