Tony Xia Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

Doesn't work like that Silhillvilla..... my understanding is that a rolling contract means effectively every day, until one or other party says to end it, the contract rolls / renews.
Ah ok, so yes assume he's on £2m that would be another hit we can't afford

I don't believe a word Dr Twitter says even if I could understand him.

I said it would end in tears , when most on here were creaming themselves over our fake billionaire owner as he seems to be

Ah yes, so we concur. And I did think (but don't know) it would be The two seasons gone and the one coming.

Can anyone confirm?

But yes, he had the chance to plan, he tried and failed with the plan they chose.
There are a number key changes:

• The assessment is carried out in March (rather than December)
  • The maximum loss limit is now £13m per Championship season (or £5m a season of the owner does not inject equity to cover losses).
  • Losses are assessed over three seasons (rather than just over the single, previous season)
  • The assessment of each club’s finances is a combination of a historic assessment (looking at figures for the two previous completed season) and an assessment over the season currently taking place
The last point is particularly significant; in addition to historic account information about past seasons, clubs now have to submit a financial projection for the season that is still taking place. All the information has to be with the Football League by the 1 March. The Football League have confirmed that they are aiming to have any punishments announced before the end of the season.

That applied to changes in 2015/16 so should be relevant, so yes RL's final year counts for one more assessment in March, but that gives summer and January to act.

Trouble thing is, I think the club was caught with agonising choices. To start with, Xia said that Lerner told him the squad was good enough to get promoted. So Di Matteo gets the money to fill the holes left by departures. A few of the signings didn't turn out well (Gollini, McCormack) but on the whole they did. If Xia hadn't done that he'd have been accused of being another Lerner.
IF that conversation took place it was Xia's first mistake.

All we've effectively done is re-run Lerner's time, Lerner broke budgets putting faith in MON (he said self sustaining from the first minute not shit or bust). Xia has blown our budgets having put himself between a rock and hard place for his twitter audience.

When you deal with Chinese businessmen day in day out and none had even heard of Xia you have to be worried.

I have been from day 1 and I think he's been financing us by shifting money around in his companies and hasn't the means to do it any longer.

Hey, listen - what will be will be.

I said a few weeks ago (and made the front page !) about my thoughts if it went wrong - yes the Terrys , Grealish's and Chesters will be gone, but a new broom will come in, some won't make it, but I have a lot of confidence that a lot of them will. Gutted about OHare, I think he would have been a big part of next season - now he is on the backfoot.

With what we will still have (the Houriahans, Lansburys, Taylors and Adomahs of this world , with the kids we have got - Green, Davis, Clark OHare the obvious examples - we can easily still get AT LEAST play offs next year , christ, if Millwall and Brentford can get that close, I am sure we can. We may not even make it next season either, but as with the Southamptons of this world, this rebirth is not going to happen overnight

And quite honestly, if I see the Villa progress, using a new "academy promotion system" I cannot wait. I would rather it take 5 years that way, and us creating something that could turn into something special, than have won on Saturday, knowing (as we all did) that we would have have to spend an absolute kings ransom just to even have a chance of staying afloat (and probably failing, and being back in this position this time next year)

Its time to realise we need to follow the Bournemouth, Southampton and Burnley model - not the Man City and Chelsea one - because we can't afford that anymore and have been trying to still do it

:agree:

Stop weeping into whatever it is you weep into you lot. Man up :mad:

Xia is not Lerner. The club is on a sound footing. We have lots of positives. We don't know what the future holds, but we will face it as true Villans. Let the spirit of this year flow on

:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

It's called discussing not weeping. I am more than man enough cheers

(y)

I have my season ticket and as always, can't wait.

How you can say that Xia has us on a firm footing is beyond me. We don't look to be on firm anything. BUT only time will tell if this guy is the worst thing ever or the best owner we've ever had.

Lerner put far more in from what I can see (and lost £200m if memory serves me) ... he fucked up, it didn't end well, people aren't going to thank him, I get it.

Seems to me his naivety cost him, seems to me we are being run with the same naivety.

Main thing for me though, modern £ootball is fecked, it's just Villa for me, so I'll be there with my boots polished (no, I'm not expecting to play!) come the first game of the season.

Get a fucking grip.
The club now has a structure and innovative ideas to push it forward.
32000 average gate, more sky money than any other chump club. Fantastic stadium , fantastic training ground, great youth setup. We are mending things all the time and hoped we could blag our way this season but alas it didn't work but by christ we are putting the wrongs right, we will get there its going to take longer than we thought. The year of my birth was 1968, probably the peak of the spiral that took us to the 3rd division, we came back and will do again. Feckin man up and stop looking to blame.

Get a fucking grip.
32000 average gate, more sky money than any other chump club. Fantastic stadium , fantastic training ground, great youth setup. We are mending things all the time and hoped we could blag our way this season but alas it didn't work but by christ we are putting the wrongs right, we will get there its going to take longer than we thought. The year of my birth was 1968, probably the peak of the spiral that took us to the 3rd division, we came back and will do again. Feckin man up and stop looking to blame.
I admire the passion but what in reality has changed?

If we don't want to blame, why is Xia taking a decade ago to offset his two years of stated failure?

Avg attendance - nothing to do with Xia.
More Sky money than any Chump club - wrong.
Training ground - rumours of selling it which I believe are false, but it's still out there and nothing to do with Xia.
Youth setup we won't use unless forced.

Yup, but no rebuild has been done for the parts we use as compo is still to be sorted. At the moment it remains in full use as originally rebuilt.

Get a fucking grip.

Pathetic.

No one needs to get a fucking anything. This is a site for debating. That isn't debating, that is just 'my opinion is the only one that matters' rubbish.

Man up... jeez.

I believe in the people in charge.
I believe that 10 years from now the area around the ground won't resemble anything it looks like now.
I believe that every drop of rain that falls, ooh sorry lost track.
Cmon folks, let's be positive, we have the technology to rebuild him, always wanted that toy.

That's more like it pvb.

Hope you are right.

I have my doubts, having had faith before, I'd rather see how it pans out!