The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 47 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

If we get a bid anywhere near what we paid snatch there hands off.

Another player that is getting better the longer he is injured he is awful he was awful before we brought him and will be awful after we sell him just very bad scouting like the rest of our not worthy of the name strikers need better whatever money we get for him use to get a new backup striker.

I agree mate, if we'd paid 8m like we did for Samatta then, Everyone would be saying the same, cut your losses but because he was £22m, he must be good because or scouting system never fails does it?
Funny how we treat club finances as if they were our own , we all do it

I agree mate, if we'd paid 8m like we did for Samatta then, Everyone would be saying the same, cut your losses but because he was £22m, he must be good because or scouting system never fails does it?
Funny how we treat club finances as if they were our own , we all do it
To be fair, Wesley looked good against poor sides. Samatta looks good when he's walking off the pitch to be replaced by Keinan Davis.

To be fair, Wesley looked good against poor sides. Samatta looks good when he's walking off the pitch to be replaced by Keinan Davis.

You're being kind there, to me even the games when people tell me he's played well , normally the games he has scored in as nobody can remember anything he's done in any of the other 17 games, he's not looked that good he just happens to have scored.
I know people think I'm mad but I see far more in Davis than I do in Wesley or Samantha. Just take away the price tags for a minute and watch the players

You're being kind there, to me even the games when people tell me he's played well , normally the games he has scored in as nobody can remember anything he's done in any of the other 17 games, he's not looked that good he just happens to have scored.
I know people think I'm mad but I see far more in Davis than I do in Wesley or Samantha. Just take away the price tags for a minute and watch the players
I don't think you're mad at all. Davis is a very good player. Take away the price tags and say Wesley came from Biggleswade town through our youth system and scored 6 goals in his first season, he's not all that bad. He has potential, so does Davis. I'll judge Wesley after next season.

Wesley looks like he can finish and his passing is half decent. However his hold up play and anticipation to be in the right place are pretty woeful. Added to that he lacks emotional maturity.

The big question is whether the coaching staff can improve his very obvious weaknesses and turn him into a player.

No denying he's been shite and he didn't improve ala Benteke but too early to write him off fully as even though he missed some sitters and goes down quicker than Patrick Bamford - he's still our fourth highest goalscorer for 2019/20 PMSL

I remember a few clowns calling Benteke the new Heskey but for me, he looked the part from the off, I just don't see anything in Wesley. Wesley doesn't even miss chances he's never in there to miss them. Blimey if he's out until Christmas he'll be better the Andy Gray

You're wasting your time mate it's all about Goals, I bet there are Liverpool fans moaning about Firmino not scoring enough perhaps not.

Correct. If Davis was in a team with the goalscoring of Salah, Mane etc the fact that he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo wouldn't matter and you could continue to wax lyrical about the fact that.... bless him ....he can control the ball and pass it to a team mate and thats good enough.

But we don't have those players so it's not a great analogy to make. Davis sticks out like a sore thumb because he doesn't score when we need a goal scorer and we are a long way off getting 3 or 4 quality strikers that we can afford to carry a player like Davis, the novice that he is. If Davis will be great in a better team then i expect the top 5 or 6 sides to be preparing bids then?
No.
Me neither.

No problem keeping him as long as we get 3 decent strikers ahead of him so he doesn't stick out as a lumbering oaf.

If we go into next season with him as a main back up let alone first choice we are in a world of bother again.

And you continue to rewrite the rules of football by suggesting goals don't matter because it suits your argument about Davis. It is all about goals , they win you games .

Last edited:
I remember a few clowns calling Benteke the new Heskey but for me, he looked the part from the off, I just don't see anything in Wesley. Wesley doesn't even miss chances he's never in there to miss them. Blimey if he's out until Christmas he'll be better the Andy Gray
The 76-79 version of Andy Gray or the 86-7 version? :rofl:

Correct. If Davis was in a team with the goalscoring of Salah, Mane etc the fact that he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo wouldn't matter and you could continue to wax lyrical about the fact that.... bless him ....he can control the ball and pass it to a team mate and thats good enough.

But we don't have those players so it's not a great analogy to make. Davis sticks out like a sore thumb because he doesn't score when we need a goal scorer and we are a long way off getting 3 or 4 quality strikers that we can afford to carry a player like Davis, the novice that he is. If Davis will be great in a better team then i expect the top 5 or 6 sides to be preparing bids then?
No.
Me neither.

No problem keeping him as long as we get 3 decent strikers ahead of him so he doesn't stick out as a lumbering oaf.

If we go into next season with him as a main back up let alone first choice we are in a world of bother again.

And you continue to rewrite the rules of football by suggesting goals don't matter because it suits your argument about Davis. It is all about goals , they win you games .
This...

The point that target men aren't expected to score is somewhat valid as they aren't in position to get in-behind as much. However they are supposed to chip in and should be scoring when presented with clear cut chances. Peter Withe is a good example - not prolific (except in 80-81) but did put them away when he was expected to.
Heskey was a good target man, but didn't put his chances away. I'd go out on a limb and say we'd have been in the top four and qualifying for the champions league when he was at the club if he'd managed 1 in 3 or even 1 in 4.
For me, Davis is in the same bracket as Heskey was while at Villa. His most recent misses (e.g. one-on-one when Grealish put it through) confirm for me that he cannot be relied upon.

No.
Me neither.

So do we need another goalkeeper or what?

he may go on and become prolific and we may live to regret not sticking with him 20 million isnt a lot to pay for a average player these days im thinking what if we loaned him out for a season if we can get a team to pay his wages and see if he gets better with age .he only played a dozen games and had no close season so not really been given much of a chance so unfair to judge him when he never played a full season

Davis does several things better than Wesley for sure but the one thing he's never going to do is score a reasonable haul of goals. Wesley was on 5 when he got injured. He could easily have reached double figures by the seasons end without his injury. Now obviously 10 goals isn't a brilliant haul by any means but for a first season in the league ib a struggling team its not terrible.

Loan Davis out. Sign 2 new strikers. Bring Wesley back slowly. Actually supply our strikers properly and we might actually see them scoring.

Players need time to settle. At 20m he is making progress compared to what I have seen of joelinton at 30m and Haller at 40m. Not to mention lacazette and pepe. Would you gamble 40m on Eduard?let's hope wes is fit for new season

No.
Me neither.

Thanks Melon.
Its the point I wanted to make but am too bloody hot.:agree: