The VAR / Refereeing Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The VAR / Refereeing Thread

There is a real dichotomy at the heart of all this. On the one hand players go to ground at the slightest touch and are given soft free kicks. On the other it is permitted to dive in studs first as long as the ball is played and not the man. Mistiming is only a yellow as long as it is only the ankle that is crippled (Cash) and not the shin or higher. It really should be the other way round. Robust but fair contact is what we want in the game but studs-first tackling in any scenario is downright dangerous and the bain of the amateur game, giving licence for violence to talentless thugs.

Yep, I did feel sorry for Wan-Bissaka today. It was a proper tackle and there was no way he couldn't touch BJ's other leg whilst winning the ball. Instead, free-kick against and yellow card.

Is anybody aware of any comments on the refereeing performance of David Coote during our game against Brentford .

It really was a master class of disrespect to the Laws of the game and the New Initiatives laid down by the PGMOL at the start of the season .
Brentford’s blatant time wasting , simulation , fouling , anti football approach was 99 % ignored .

Any player that was booked ,…..
( Not CAUTIONED AS TO THEIR FUTURE CONDUCT , there is a massive difference here , ) …….. was then given Carte Blanche permission to carry out any subsequent assaults on our players , knowing he wasn’t going to… , or didn’t have the balls , ….to REMOVE them from the field of play for continued disregard of the LAWS OF THE GAME .

It was said in commentary that he didn’t penalise a few of Brentford’s players “ “tackles “ because if he did , he would have had to , …. (here we go !”) … BOOK THEM , and send them off .

Wasn’t it strange that when Maupay shoved one of our players in the chest , I can’t remember who it was now, our player stayed on his feet , and shoved him back , but Maupay suddenly ended up flat on his back , arms in the air , appealing to the ref .

Disgusting ….. they both got BOOKED for that .
He assaults our player , then simulates violent aggression against himself .

Both incidents are Cautionable offences , ( the shove in the chest AND the simulation ) …as was the blatant time wasting he carried out , as was the goal celebration, inciting the crowd .

David Coote and Howard Webb should be made to stand up and publically debate this catalogue of absurdity .

Brentford should have finished the match with nine men .

Perhaps that would have dissuaded them from their tactics .

As it is , the next time Coote takes control of one of their games , they know they can get away with it again .

Is anybody aware of any comments on the refereeing performance of David Coote during our game against Brentford .

It really was a master class of disrespect to the Laws of the game and the New Initiatives laid down by the PGMOL at the start of the season .
Brentford’s blatant time wasting , simulation , fouling , anti football approach was 99 % ignored .

Any player that was booked ,…..
( Not CAUTIONED AS TO THEIR FUTURE CONDUCT , there is a massive difference here , ) …….. was then given Carte Blanche permission to carry out any subsequent assaults on our players , knowing he wasn’t going to… , or didn’t have the balls , ….to REMOVE them from the field of play for continued disregard of the LAWS OF THE GAME .

It was said in commentary that he didn’t penalise a few of Brentford’s players “ “tackles “ because if he did , he would have had to , …. (here we go !”) … BOOK THEM , and send them off .

Wasn’t it strange that when Maupay shoved one of our players in the chest , I can’t remember who it was now, our player stayed on his feet , and shoved him back , but Maupay suddenly ended up flat on his back , arms in the air , appealing to the ref .

Disgusting ….. they both got BOOKED for that .
He assaults our player , then simulates violent aggression against himself .

Both incidents are Cautionable offences , ( the shove in the chest AND the simulation ) …as was the blatant time wasting he carried out , as was the goal celebration, inciting the crowd .

David Coote and Howard Webb should be made to stand up and publically debate this catalogue of absurdity .

Brentford should have finished the match with nine men .

Perhaps that would have dissuaded them from their tactics .

As it is , the next time Coote takes control of one of their games , they know they can get away with it again .
Excellent post there Walt, trouble is everything you wrote about is bloody true, must admit I was screaming at the TV, like you do you know, but to no avail. Lol!

Yes The Bees should have been down to 9 men, but hey! this THFC at the New Lane.

If memory serves me correct the push by Maupay was on Kulu, who yes did a little shove back, then came the Dieing Swan reaction by Maupay the Mad.

I asked on another thread, how many red cards, deserved, have been shown to our opposition since the Klippity Klopp whinge? think the answer = 0, when really it could quite easily according to the Laws of the Game been at least 4 maybe even.
Mutters might have the answer, he is the stats King lol!

Rest my case M'lud. COYS

Excellent post there Walt, trouble is everything you wrote about is bloody true, must admit I was screaming at the TV, like you do you know, but to no avail. Lol!

Yes The Bees should have been down to 9 men, but hey! this THFC at the New Lane.

If memory serves me correct the push by Maupay was on Kulu, who yes did a little shove back, then came the Dieing Swan reaction by Maupay the Mad.

I asked on another thread, how many red cards, deserved, have been shown to our opposition since the Klippity Klopp whinge? think the answer = 0, when really it could quite easily according to the Laws of the Game been at least 4 maybe even.

Rest my case M'lud. COYS
Yeah , it was Kulu , mate . Thanks .

He was “booked “ for that …. ( I hate that word )

I’m going to start a petition to get it changed , backed to its original meaning , “ “l am entering your name into my book and cautioning you as to your future conduct . Should you fail to conduct yourself within the Laws of the game I SHALL remove you from the pitch , and you will play no further part in the match “

Showing , waving , issuing a yellow card by any means is merely showing the colour of the referee’s authority.

It means nothing.
The taking one for the team , a deliberate foul , should be a sending off offence.

VAR and referees are ruining this game .

The Offside deliberations are ridiculous … if it takes more than ten seconds for a goon sitting in an office to assertain if a player is offside or not , then it clearly is not offside …

The player clearly CANNOT BE IN AN ADVANTAGEOUS POSITION , if it takes more than ten seconds to evaluate , and red and blue lines are not needed …

Please please please scrap this rubbish . And put this thread back on to the sticky side !!!

Sod it , I’m doing it myself !

Yeah , it was Kulu , mate . Thanks .

He was “booked “ for that …. ( I hate that word )

I’m going to start a petition to get it changed , backed to its original meaning , “ “l am entering your name into my book and cautioning you as to your future conduct . Should you fail to conduct yourself within the Laws of the game I SHALL remove you from the pitch , and you will play no further part in the match “

Showing , waving , issuing a yellow card by any means is merely showing the colour of the referee’s authority.

It means nothing.
The taking one for the team , a deliberate foul , should be a sending off offence.

VAR and referees are ruining this game .

The Offside deliberations are ridiculous … if it takes more than ten seconds for a goon sitting in an office to assertain if a player is offside or not , then it clearly is not offside …

The player clearly CANNOT BE IN AN ADVANTAGEOUS POSITION , if it takes more than ten seconds to evaluate , and red and blue lines are not needed …

Please please please scrap this rubbish . And put this thread back on to the sticky side !!!

Sod it , I’m doing it myself !

100% agreement there Walt. COYS

This is a serious question , because it is getting to me ,

Does anyone know , or know where I can look , research , to find a way of communicating my thoughts , in a calm , polite , respectful manner , to Howard Webb .
As I said , this is a serious question .

Rest my case M'lud. COYS

Said this before, but what needs to happen is a football function to be setup that measures the referees vs. the laws of the game. So if you use the laws of the game and don't deviate from them then you score 100%. If money was no object, I would pay a bunch of experts to watch every single game and setup this KPI of all KPIs. I'd have the results go viral and expose PGMOL and the governing bodies for what they really are.

So to answer your question, it genuinely won't be 4 red cards in the time since the Liverpool match. It would probably be between 20 and 30 if the refs were following the laws.

In reality it wouldn't happen because every football manager and player would go into complete panic mode and change their antics within a fortnight. It would be the best pain barrier our beautiful game could ever go through.

Said this before, but what needs to happen is a football function to be setup that measures the referees vs. the laws of the game. So if you use the laws of the game and don't deviate from them then you score 100%. If money was no object, I would pay a bunch of experts to watch every single game and setup this KPI of all KPIs. I'd have the results go viral and expose PGMOL and the governing bodies for what they really are.

So to answer your question, it genuinely won't be 4 red cards in the time since the Liverpool match. It would probably be between 20 and 30 if the refs were following the laws.

In reality it wouldn't happen because every football manager and player would go into complete panic mode and change their antics within a fortnight. It would be the best pain barrier our beautiful game could ever go through.
Exactly. The game would change for the better, virtually overnight. Makes you wonder why there are rules.

Does anyone know , or know where I can look , research , to find a way of communicating my thoughts , in a calm , polite , respectful manner , to Howard Webb .
You'll be banging your head against a wall mate. They have zero interest in applying the rules of the game. Their only interest is in minimising the number of decisions that they have to make becuase they think thats the best approach stop people from talking about their failures. Until they realise how flawed this approach is then it will continue to be a shambles.

They have zero ability to understand that actually applying the rules and getting over the initial hurdle of lots of yellows and reds, that it will make their lives a mullion times easier in the long run

Thanks for that Mutters, But I was being generous, I knew it would be higher than 4, but didn't think 20 and 30, jeez mate that is a lot of players lol!

I think I read or heard somewhere that refs were instructed not to send players off cos it ruins the game for the fans, what the fcuk does that mean,? surely if by the Laws a player as earned a Red card that is his problem not the refs.

Yep, what ruins it for fans is losing when you know you should have won. Seeing refs hand massive advantages to your opposition is a bitter pill.

You could take a punt on one of the following:

howard.webb@pgmol.com
howard.webb@pgmol.co.uk

If they fail you could try howardwebb@