The U23’s/youth thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The U23’s/youth thread

Can't understand how a young centre half can keep getting cramp.

Very disappointing goal to concede. First instincts was that hovarth should have done better

That was a proper 1st team finish ffs.

Fornah not quite at his best but probably good as anything we've got at the club. Would have no issue starting Konate and Fernandes over Lolley and Figs. New lads just getting minutes in, not much to say really.

Can't understand how a young centre half can keep getting cramp.

Very disappointing goal to concede. First instincts was that hovarth should have done better

I thought it was our young keeper with a similar name? The entire club is wank at stopping crosses, could see the capitulation coming.

Decent enough performance, but with disappointing end. As Jock said above seems a bit strange when a youngish lad like Fernadez keeps going down with cramp. Ojeda & Drager good first performances both loo as if they have got something to offer which is encouraging

He needs to sort out his hydration and salts.

I'll send AC around with a sample of his special salty mix. He will get him on his toes

One thing to take from last nights game was how much Larsson is developing.

18 months ago he looked a decent skillful player who was knocked off of the ball far too easily; not now, he has filled out and copes with the physical side of things very well, in fact there were times last night when he was looking for it.

It made me wonder if this is our plan with regard to replacing Grabban, when the time arrives; he has the composure and the ability to bring others into the game, and he knows where the net is.

He should not be far off a run with the first team given our shortage up front.

18 months ago he looked a decent skillful player who was knocked off of the ball far too easily; not now, he has filled out and copes with the physical side of things very well, in fact there were times last night when he was looking for it.

It made me wonder if this is our plan with regard to replacing Grabban, when the time arrives; he has the composure and the ability to bring others into the game, and he knows where the net is.

The forward players from.fornah forwards all looked very good prospects, reidy has them playing some great stuff. Konate, fornah and larsson were the pick of a good bunch yesterday imo

Would certainly save us upwards of £6m plus if we could develop our own

The U18s drew nil nil with bottom placed Stoke earlier today.

We sit three places above Stoke but have a game in hand on some of the teams above us

hes not pulling up trees with the kids yet, nowhere near ready for first team in my opinion

I too thought Larsson has filled out and looks a striker. Dale Taylor also coming along nicely. Both need a year as does Swan. Osong looks a handful. They are all very different in attributes.

Surprised Silva hasn’t been given a run out.

hes not pulling up trees with the kids yet, nowhere near ready for first team in my opinion

No, he is not pulling up any trees but he has scored 3 goals in 6 games which is not bad.

As a matter of interest, how many times have you actually seen him play?

No, he is not pulling up any trees but he has scored 3 goals in 6 games which is not bad.

As a matter of interest, how many times have you actually seen him play?

Not sure that would make any difference with that young man. Presume he has watched grabz but still thinks his shit

no one has any issue with Grabz .. or anyone else or that matter if they give 100%, a nice bonus if they play well too.
Im as big a supporter and talker about the youth so not as if I am guessing is it. Will be watching one of our lads in the England 18s this week hopefully :) I simply think theres several who will potentially get their chance before him and who are progressing quite quickly