The U23’s/youth thread | Vital Football

The U23’s/youth thread

Watched it on YouTube.

I'd like to see fornah and fernandez get loan moves if they could.

They played with such purpose when going forward, quick incisive passing and created a lot of chances. There's a few in there that aren't miles away from getting into the first team squad.
Hope the first team start playing more like this, Saturday showed they can do it when they aren't all focused on keeping the game tight.

Their whole style of play appears positive & forward thinking, can't believe how far removed from the dross that CH had the 1st team churning out. You would think that the style of play would be similar all through the club to make transition easier.
I made these points in regards I think thats pretty much the route DM is now taking , i.e we re-evaluated and realised we're a development club and within a few seasons half the side will consist of academy players. Tho obviously im being optimistic

Fernandes, Konate and Fornah looked well in control as did Back. For me the players I liked was Larsson and Fewster. Larsson and Swan together looked to have a good understanding. Pressed well as a team. Reid seems to have them playing for each other. If Cooper can bring these lads into first team and then some, it could be quite promising. Might even make Pope smile.

Watched it on YouTube.

I'd like to see fornah and fernandez get loan moves if they could.

After successful loans for Fornah, Gabriel and Johnson last season, I was surprised no loans going out this season. Can only think they have decided the step up at academy U 23 level is important and want to give that a strong showing. Several looked real quality last night and need to repeat consistently and against better opposition.

Back looks a very good player, got an eye for a pass could see him stepping in next season when Spence goes back.

I only saw the second half last night but what I saw looked very promising. Even though we well ahead they all still showed for the ball, they were mobile and looked comfortable when they had the ball.

Why are we looking for right backs when we have our own right back in Back? He's relatively quick, not scared of a tackle, got an eye for a pass and has a bit of swagger about him as well.

Back looks a very good player, got an eye for a pass could see him stepping in next season when Spence goes back.

Havn’t seen Drager play but has a good reputation. He could easily be our right back this season. Spence and Tutu, if fit, could play further up the park. Back is still young but is coming on fast. Could come into first team squad, go on loan or captain U 23’s having a tilt at U23 league, this season. Could easily be ready next season.

I only saw the second half last night but what I saw looked very promising. Even though we well ahead they all still showed for the ball, they were mobile and looked comfortable when they had the ball.

Why are we looking for right backs when we have our own right back in Back? He's relatively quick, not scared of a tackle, got an eye for a pass and has a bit of swagger about him as well.

Back will become a Premier League player.

Back will become a Premier League player.
Would be nice to think it could be with us, but you can bet if he continues to impress the PL vultures will be circulating. Just hope that the club has genuinely changed direction and he doesn't have to be sold off to fund a load of has been's & journeymen

Would be nice to think it could be with us, but you can bet if he continues to impress the PL vultures will be circulating. Just hope that the club has genuinely changed direction and he doesn't have to be sold off to fund a load of has been's & journeymen
i think thats a given right now.
Not as if we will neve sell any but I imagine we will sell from a position of strength, i.e when we sell one its cos we have a production line to replace them :)