The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 32 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

I dont understand this idea that we paid to much. If I go into a shop to buy something, they tell me the price. I can then leave with nothing or pay the money. We wanted him so we paid the money. I could not care less whether it was to much or not just as long as they dont ask me to make a contribution to the fee. Welcome back Tyrone.

Too much, too little is all relative. We (Villa) obviously think we have got value for money - whatever the actual cost is. If its a 4 year deal and we pay £5m per year it's equivalent to paying a player £100k per week (which is nothing in modern football)

He has been with us 3 days and hasn't got injured yet.

I bet he is looking forward to playing in front of 4,500 travelling Villa fans at Shrewsbury in our first friendly next week.

Surely that’s bollocks.

Bournemouth made the agreement for the sell on fee. It comes from the agreed fee we are paying Bournemouth, not us paying it on top of the fee.

Surely that’s bollocks.

Bournemouth made the agreement for the sell on fee. It comes from the agreed fee we are paying Bournemouth, not us paying it on top of the fee.

Quite simple really. We must have turned around and said we want £20million, for us to bank that you need to pay £21.5million to cover the sell on clause.

Not rocket science really and the £1.5million in this instance is loose change. I bet with you being a mega rich big club you didn’t even raise an eyebrow to the request. :)

Quite simple really. We must have turned around and said we want £20million, for us to bank that you need to pay £21.5million to cover the sell on clause.

Not rocket science really and the £1.5million in this instance is loose change. I bet with you being a mega rich big club you didn’t even raise an eyebrow to the request. :)

Probably paid for by the gate receipts from having 40,000 for every game last season.:grinning:

Probably have £1.5m in revenue in replica shirts before the season starts :lol:

Probably have £1.5m in revenue in replica shirts before the season starts :lol:
Yep, all the ladies will be asking for a Mings shirt.

What I couldn't believe last year was the lack of availability. The shop was pretty much empty for half the season. Think Fear said he was in the shop and they had no gloves, hats or scarves in the winter for Deano's lad.

We'll be fighting Liverpool off next summer. V.Dyke will be off to Barca and they'll be offering 60+ for Tyrone.

Tony Cascarino is such a bellend!!!

Former Villa striker Cascarino does not believe that Mings will be a success at Villa Park next season, and has predicted the defender to have an average season in the Premier League in 2019-20.

Cascarino said about Mings on the Weekend Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT on Saturday morning (7:48am, July 13, 2019): “I have got my worries about this. I actually think he will be a miss.

“I think he has done brilliant for them in the Championship and got up, but the Premier League and the challenge defensively for Villa, they have got to be sound. I think Tyrone is going to have a very average season.”