The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

I know everybody loves big Ty, including me, for his positivity and his influence. Where Cascarino (:shake:) has a point is that he is unproven at Premier League level over a concerted period of time, as are most of the rest of the squad.

Make no bones about it, this will be a tough season. To finish in the top half would be an amazing achievement considering the changes that have had to be made. I'm not expecting it to happen. That said, I would bank on Ty having the mental strength to help us stick together during tough patches and recover after big defeats. However, his fitness record must be a concern.

Overall, he has a long way to go to match the status of God, Melberg, Laursen etc. I really hope he makes it and goes on to become a Villa legend.

There is nothing worse than a footballer trying to be clever , and then give the game away with comments like that.

Did you do your research for this comment Tony ?

Perhaps someone will be kind enough to point out the error of his ways when Mings becomes England Captain and has £150m transfer to Cit£h turned down because Mings wants to end his career with the club he loves.

Welcome home Tyrone.
The thing to do with that criticism, from a sad never was, is to use it to show him what a complete dunce he is.
The worst part is that he actually gets paid for that "insight". It used to be that sports journalists researched and came up with a narrative as to why they thought a player would fit a team and whether he was worth the money etc. Now any old pro, who needs a shilling is asked for an instant opinion (having probably never watched Tyrone play for us).

24hr news and instant reaction has lead to a downfall in standards. As has been stated here before many times: any spotty urchin with a Twitter Account can be an ITK for the afternoon. What's worse is that we sometimes buy it and it becomes "true".

I don't think the Villa Van Dijk needs to worry too much about such tripe.
By Christmas the the star struck press will be linking Tyrone with moves to Liverpool, the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Spurs.
Tough luck. He's ours.

NRC on Tyrone:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/it-never-change-ex-aston-16613502

Largely agree with it, except I think last season Mings showed a maturity and awareness that maybe NRC isn't aware of. But all of the players have to step up, Mings included, and I think they know it.

Remember when some "girl" came on to VV to defend NRC from all the criticism he was getting at the time. She posted a few times, always about NRC and then disappeared.

I guess the players do pay attention to the criticism they get online.

Remember when some "girl" came on to VV to defend NRC from all the criticism he was getting at the time. She posted a few times, always about NRC and then disappeared.

I guess the players do pay attention to the criticism they get online.

I was one of a very few who defended NRC.
I could see what he gave to the team, especially the more attack minded players. He gave them the freedom to go forward without fear of what could happen if they lost the ball.
I was always the first to admit that there was a world of difference between NRC and players like Ronaldo, Messi and Cryuff but, what players like him did, allowed players like those three to flourish.

I liked NRC. He played his guts out. He was a traditional DM enforcer. He may have upset a few players and managers but they probably deserved it (MON, I'm looking at you...).

I liked NRC. He played his guts out. He was a traditional DM enforcer. He may have upset a few players and managers but they probably deserved it (MON, I'm looking at you...).

Left us for AC Milan, the most underrated player we ever had.
Someone on here who will remain nameless bet me £100 that NRC would be captain of Villa and England for many years to come. Needless to say they had a memory lapse when he wasn't offered a new contract and signed for Real Bolton before at the age of 28 being pensioned off to the MLS.
His second touch was a tackle, never in a million years was that bloke a footballer.
First thing I look for in a player is their first touch if it's not there or it's robotic forget them

Left us for AC Milan, the most underrated player we ever had.
Someone on here who will remain nameless bet me £100 that NRC would be captain of Villa and England for many years to come. Needless to say they had a memory lapse when he wasn't offered a new contract and signed for Real Bolton before at the age of 28 being pensioned off to the MLS.
His second touch was a tackle, never in a million years was that bloke a footballer.
First thing I look for in a player is their first touch if it's not there or it's robotic forget them

You may not have rated him 57 but, as a DM in the premiership I rate him just behind Claude Makelele and N'golo Kante in effectiveness. It's such a pity the manager we had, who bought him, was such a knobhead that he had to ruin the lads reputation.
Remember that game against Man U, when Ronaldo scored that backheel against us. NRC was at rightback that day and apart from 5 seconds, when he got that goal, NRC had Ronaldo in his pocket. Even better was that midweek game at Anfield, 3-1 to Villa, when NRC had the entire Liverpool midfield in his pocket.
MON never played him enough, especially at DM, instead he used him as a utility player, filling in here and there.
When he went to Bolton he was played at right midfield and not in his natural DM position.
In an all time Villa side that I'd pick NRC would be the third name on the sheet, behind only God and McParland.