The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

You may not have rated him 57 but, as a DM in the premiership I rate him just behind Claude Makelele and N'golo Kante in effectiveness. It's such a pity the manager we had, who bought him, was such a knobhead that he had to ruin the lads reputation.
Remember that game against Man U, when Ronaldo scored that backheel against us. NRC was at rightback that day and apart from 5 seconds, when he got that goal, NRC had Ronaldo in his pocket. Even better was that midweek game at Anfield, 3-1 to Villa, when NRC had the entire Liverpool midfield in his pocket.
MON never played him enough, especially at DM, instead he used him as a utility player, filling in here and there.
When he went to Bolton he was played at right midfield and not in his natural DM position.
In an all time Villa side that I'd pick NRC would be the third name on the sheet, behind only God and McParland.

I think history has proved I was right 58 . He indeed wasn't as good as HE thought he was

You may not have rated him 57 but, as a DM in the premiership I rate him just behind Claude Makelele and N'golo Kante in effectiveness. It's such a pity the manager we had, who bought him, was such a knobhead that he had to ruin the lads reputation.
Remember that game against Man U, when Ronaldo scored that backheel against us. NRC was at rightback that day and apart from 5 seconds, when he got that goal, NRC had Ronaldo in his pocket. Even better was that midweek game at Anfield, 3-1 to Villa, when NRC had the entire Liverpool midfield in his pocket.
MON never played him enough, especially at DM, instead he used him as a utility player, filling in here and there.
When he went to Bolton he was played at right midfield and not in his natural DM position.
In an all time Villa side that I'd pick NRC would be the third name on the sheet, behind only God and McParland.

I want some of what you’re smoking.
Just for the “number 6” role I’d pick any of the following over Reo-Joker:
Leighton Phillips, Bobby McDonald, Dennis Mortimer, Frank Carrodus, Alex Cropley, Steve McMahon, Kevin Gage, Kevin Richardson, Stan Petrov, Idrissa Gueye, Mile Jedinak, Glenn Whelan.
If you want to add midfield players in general you can add the names of about 30 more...

It's not April 1st yet '58. :whist:

I want some of what you’re smoking.
Just for the “number 6” role I’d pick any of the following over Reo-Joker:
Leighton Phillips, Bobby McDonald, Dennis Mortimer, Frank Carrodus, Alex Cropley, Steve McMahon, Kevin Gage, Kevin Richardson, Stan Petrov, Idrissa Gueye, Mile Jedinak, Glenn Whelan.
If you want to add midfield players in general you can add the names of about 30 more...
Even Isiah Osborne!!!

I was one of a very few who defended NRC.
I could see what he gave to the team, especially the more attack minded players. He gave them the freedom to go forward without fear of what could happen if they lost the ball.
I was always the first to admit that there was a world of difference between NRC and players like Ronaldo, Messi and Cryuff but, what players like him did, allowed players like those three to flourish.
Iw as a huge fan of NRC. I'll never forget the game he played at right back against United and stuck Ronaldo in his pocket for the entire game.

He played for us 102 times according to Wikipedia, I can remember two good games (Man u and Newcastle away).

Anyway, it’s not fair on Saint Tyrone to take this thread so off topic.

Remember when some "girl" came on to VV to defend NRC from all the criticism he was getting at the time. She posted a few times, always about NRC and then disappeared.

I guess the players do pay attention to the criticism they get online.

That wasn't me cos I didn't disappear, just to confirm :grinning: NRC was rubbish IMHO

Now can we get back to Mings or have I entered the twilight zone! Those horror years are behind us now. If I want horror that badly Ill turn the political channel on. On second thoughts, maybe not