The Trezeguet Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Trezeguet Thread

Grafter but not for me Jeff, hope he's ok and we can sell him to Leeds in the summer, just up their street.
I like him for he effort I really do but he just hasn't got it for 90 mins

Grafter but not for me Jeff, hope he's ok and we can sell him to Leeds in the summer, just up their street.
I like him for he effort I really do but he just hasn't got it for 90 mins

I'd bet anything that it'll be Galatasaray, Fenerbache or Besiktas who sign him. He's a big star over there and 2 years in the Premier league will have only made him a bigger name.

Hope his injury isn't serious but yeah he's one that needs to be moved on.

He’ll do well in most leagues to be fair to him. He’s a below average player for the Prem playing above his level, but you have to love his attitude. He could also do well in the championship if he wanted to drop down a league, but winning the league in say Turkey would no doubt be more appealing to him.

Last edited:
I know I'm a cynical bastard but I still reckon he was bought to keep the owner happy , apart from Salah are there any other Egyptians who are any good we could buy

I know I'm a cynical bastard but I still reckon he was bought to keep the owner happy , apart from Salah are there any other Egyptians who are any good we could buy

The owners didn't get where they are today by sentimentality like that. Trez was bought because Susso and DS took a very close look at him and liked what they saw.

Scored two great goals and had a hand in the third against Fulham. Nearly scored a cracker today. Very useful player to have around, even if we buy better. Think he's staying. It's called increasing the squad depth.

I don't think him or AEG are good enough. Throw Traore in there too. We need really need to strengthen our midfield.

With Trez you know what you get. In the right sort of game he's effective, not in others. A good sub to have around but maybe not a starter.

AEG's problem is consistency, or lack of. Needs to improve that or go.

Traore; the jury's still out. Remember it's his first PL season, and it's been a tough one.

Big problem in midfield is we need a dominant player. When passes go astray it's partly because we're not working as a unit. Thought Barkley could do that role but he obviously can't.

Seen a couple of reports saying he's done his ACL in which is what, 12 months or more ib some cases. Hope its not true.

This would be the 3rd Villa player to have this injury in less than 18 months. We don't get much good luck do we.

Seen a couple of reports saying he's done his ACL in which is what, 12 months or more ib some cases. Hope its not true.

This would be the 3rd Villa player to have this injury in less than 18 months. We don't get much good luck do we.
Yes massively unlucky if true. I think we needed to improve our wingers anyway but to be fair to Trez he always works hard even if he isn’t the most naturally gifted. Hope he manages to recover and it isn’t a serious issue that jeopardises his career

With Trez you know what you get. In the right sort of game he's effective, not in others. A good sub to have around but maybe not a starter.

AEG's problem is consistency, or lack of. Needs to improve that or go.

Traore; the jury's still out. Remember it's his first PL season, and it's been a tough one.

Big problem in midfield is we need a dominant player. When passes go astray it's partly because we're not working as a unit. Thought Barkley could do that role but he obviously can't.
Yeah Trez is probably ahead of El Ghazi who is just too inconsistent to be considered a serious part of our future plans in my opinion.

Traore I still think has shown promise even if he is the complete definition of a maverick player. I think he’s suffered from the loss of Grealish as he was often the one who took advantage of defenders being too focused on Jack on the opposite flank. Grealish, Traore and Watkins was a good trio as all bought different qualities to the front line but as is the case across the pitch it doesn’t quite work when you remove the key component

Hope not for his sake but from a very selfish p-o-v it could be good news. We know he's not really top half PL material and this might force a better replacement

Feel for the lad if reports are true that he’s done his ACL. He certainly seemed upset enough when he came off to make you think it was serious but there again he walked off so who knows. Either way think we’d all want to wish him well but you‘d hope it was nailed on that we’d have been looking to upgrade in wide areas in the summer anyway!

We can't afford to have anyone injured. The reason we get to complain about Trez is because there's nowt much else on the bench.

Trez out simply means that El Ghazi and Traore have zero competition for those wide places instead of very little. I expect we'll be seeing a lot more of Philogene-Bidace on the bench for the rest of the season.

No luck at all as that scuppers any chance we had of selling him.

Others to get rid of first before Trez. He has his part to play but as above, unless he genuinely finds his touch in the box, it's not as a starter. High impact, energy sub to shake things up with a 20/80 chance of scoring lol