The Trezeguet Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Trezeguet Thread

👏👏👏👏take a bow son. What a brilliant impact he made from the bench

Only the third Villa sub to score 2 goals off the bench joining Joachim and Yorke, Before today he played 1056 minutes 28 shots zero goals, comes on today has 3 shots in 3 minutes and scores two and nearly had a hat trick! You can’t make it up.

Absolutely amazing performance, I’ve been calling him to be sold in the summer as we need better technical players like your Olise, Buendia, Thauvin and Sarr, but he might just have a squad number at the start of next season if he keeps these kind of performances up!

He's had a few starts lately and always flatters to deceive . Then he does that yesterday! Another enigma of a player

Yesterday's performance hasn't changed my mind about him either. Still, well done fella. Keep doing that and I will change my mind.

I've always been a fan of Trezeguet and for the simple reason that he epitomizes the old fashioned proper blue-collar Aston Villa player. He's not the most technical player we've got by a long way, but his energy and battle is infectious. I don't think it's a coincidence that our two best runs of form in the last two seasons have been with him in the side...

If it's a toss up between AEG's silky touch and zero movement and Trez's oblong concrete feet but running in all directions at the same time, I'll take Trez. Just.

Don't underestimate Trez. His technique for those two goals, and his near miss, was spot on, like that goal against Arsenal last season. His pass to Traore made the third goal. And his positioning throughout was excellent. Maybe temperamentally he's best as an impact sub rather than a 90 minute player, but nothing wrong with that.

I think he'll be off this summer. We'll be spending (I hope) big money on upgrading our attack and he's just not going to be in that first 11 often enough for his liking. He's scored enough and is enough of a big name in Turkey/Egypt that someone, probably one if the big Turkish sides will come in for him.

Strange that for a player who has never been particularly popular or particularly great for us he's actually scored some of the most important/iconic goals of recent times. Leicester semi final, Palace, Arsenal. Hopefully a few more before the end of the season.

He seems to be an instinctive player which either comes off or it doesn't and is completely unpredictable. Definitely one to be improved on.

Apparently Trez has had more shots,(29), this season in the PL without scoring than any other player. Make of that what you will.

Apparently Trez has had more shots,(29), this season in the PL without scoring than any other player. Make of that what you will.
Cows arse and banjo just cracks it as hard as he can and sometimes they fly in but mostly they don't.
Classic Trez vs Fulham, two brilliantly taken goals and a header 20 yards wide plus that shot he leathered just past the angle.
Imagine the youtube highlights of his goals

I really felt for Trez today. He was always trying and worked so hard. He had real bad luck with the shot that hit the post.
He looked like he knows that his season is over when he came off as he was crying. I suspect it is ligament damage and he will not be available for the remaining games. He was playing for his future at the club and whilst he is short of talent he always puts in a shift. He probably now suspects that his time at VP is over.
Give me Trez over Barkley every day. I hope his injury is not too serious for his sake.