The Tammy Abraham Thread | Page 37 | Vital Football

The Tammy Abraham Thread

Bitter sweet emotions watching him do so well for Chelsea. Feels like he was our player they stole back which of course never was. We should be grateful Chelsea loaned him to us and also that Tammy shunned a big money move to wolves in January and stayed with us to help get us the promotion.
An England call up can't be far away .

I think his time with us did him the world of good. We have handed Chelsea back a proper striker.

Last edited:
He's leaving a fair few on here with egg on their faces that's for sure. So many on here in June saying they didn't care if we kept him or not and he wasn't very good.
Well I don't feel I have egg on my face as I didn't he would cut it in the prem but that was just my opinion based on watching every week.But I'm absolutely chuffed for the lad he's attitude commitment and goals for us was excellent.

Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham.

I think he should have gone with 'Kevin' to be honest.

But fair play to him, good to see him thriving. Long may it continue for the lad. We have much to thank him for.

Live OVB update, at a wedding in doghead central (her side) obviously got the two boys in Villa tops ?Watching the game in the bar, Tammy has just got his third and we are giving it the big one. Mum will not be happy we may not get out of here alive but fuck it what a laugh.

I think I need a doctor, I just woke up and said to the Mrs it’s Sunday ay it

He's leaving a fair few on here with egg on their faces that's for sure. So many on here in June saying they didn't care if we kept him or not and he wasn't very good.
There's no way of telling whether he could have done this for Aston Villa or any other PL team Deano. He looked isolated and cut a lonely figure for us at times last season, but you have to hand it to him, he's a natural goal scorer and on the face of it a thoroughly nice guy. Definitely a big part of our success last year and still only 21. I think the asking price may have been a little more than we were willing to pay as well.

I agree there was no way of telling but given the amount of goals he scored for us and the fact you say he is a nice guy and a great influence in the dressing room, you'd have thought most fans would have been keen to keep hold of him, but no the way i remember it most were almost saying good riddance.

I remember thinking it odd at the time, and I think he's proving it now.

I've no doubt we'd have more points now if we had Tammy rather than Wesley up front.

All academic as he didn't want to stay. lol

I agree there was no way of telling but given the amount of goals he scored for us and the fact you say he is a nice guy and a great influence in the dressing room, you'd have thought most fans would have been keen to keep hold of him, but no the way i remember it most were almost saying good riddance.

I remember thinking it odd at the time, and I think he's proving it now.

I've no doubt we'd have more points now if we had Tammy rather than Wesley up front.

All academic as he didn't want to stay. lol

I don't remember it that way. Most on here seemed keen for him to stay but that was never a realistic possibility. Others saw the situation at Chelsea and knew he wasn't going to be allowed to leave, even if he wanted to. There were a few that thought he wasn't good enough but just a few.

I don't remember it that way. Most on here seemed keen for him to stay but that was never a realistic possibility. Others saw the situation at Chelsea and knew he wasn't going to be allowed to leave, even if he wanted to. There were a few that thought he wasn't good enough but just a few.

That's the way I saw it. He wasn't angling to leave Chelsea, rather the reverse; Chelsea was his club, as he always made clear as well as being keen to do well for us. Only if Chelsea wanted rid was he going to leave, and they plainly didn't.

Glad it seems to be working out for him. There are enough selfish lazy money-grabbers in the game for the good guys to be supported. Think Frank will do OK; young team but with talented players and not too much pressure on him.

I think we would have been in for him (seem to remember Dean suggesting as much) but we were priced out of it. His recent pay rise also suggests that he would have busted our pay structure, so I'm not sure it was ever a realistic option. As you say Deano, it is now a moot point but the underlying philosophy was to "add value" which to my mind reads buy cheap(ish), nuture and make a profit. We couldn't just go and spunk £200+m like Chelski and Citeh have done in the past.

No Tammy no goals for Chelsea, that`s how important he is now.

If we had him this season, add 6 points to our total already.

Look where we`d be.

In fairness he is playing at a club with better players, getting better service and if he was with us now he would be struggling with a lack of service.

Agree. He was getting 5-6 chances to score for us per game, and he’d put one or two away. In this league on a good day, you get half that number of chances

Agree. He was getting 5-6 chances to score for us per game, and he’d put one or two away. In this league on a good day, you get half that number of chances

Tammy, however, is always looking to score and get in there to make it happen whereas Wesley stands and admires from a distance.