The Tammy Abraham Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

The Tammy Abraham Thread

Thanks for your efforts Tammy . Genuinely thanks.

But . Cant say I'm very interested in what he's doing now tbh.

He's not in claret and blue so kind of... meh

Agree, I’m not bothered about him now. I don’t wish him any bad luck, for me the January saga where he didn’t turn up to training left a slightly sour taste for me and he struggled throughout the playoffs with the exception of his penalties.

His bigger downfall is his poor hold up play, the way DS wants to play he isn’t as suited to us in the league as he is to Chelsea. The likes of Willian and Pedro can get the ball and build it up, we’ll sometimes need to find the man up top more directly.

Big Wes will prove to be a better signing over the course of the season I’m sure. The only downside I can see with Big Wes is that he’s squared up to a defender in both home games so no doubt he’ll have his fair share of red cards too.

Yeah, I'm wondering why this is in 100%. He's a Chelsea player. I don't have any ill will towards him but he's not one of us.
Because we owe him massively. Without Tammy Abraham we would not be in the Prem. He has proven his worth to this club more than many on the full time payroll.

Would you stop. He got paid for the job he did.

Well said.

Scored goals, defended corners like an extra CB and had the balls to take some high pressure penalties - stepping up again after missing. Also grateful that he stuck around in January when he could have moved to the prem a few months earlier.

However, he had the chance to join permanently and the affection of many villa fans. He didn’t want to and from that moment on he’s irrelevant to me.

Don’t want idiots to racially abuse the lad but he’s a striker for a team we’re in competition with. Don’t wish him well for the season any more than I would to Jordan ayew, CB20 or Ashley Westwood

I've a sneaking suspicion that we'll see Tammy back in claret and blue again someday. Till then I personally hope he does ok. I'm not going to wish him ill luck after he scored a lot of important goals for us. Simple fact is without him we are still a championship club, for that and that alone he should be held in high regard. Plus I've got him in my fantasy football team so I need him to bang a few in.

So did Stephen Ireland, Micah Richards, Scott Hogan etc but Tammy gave more to the Villa than the three of them together

Is Stephen Ireland the benchmark for Villa players? Like I said, I have no ill will towards Tammy. I hope he has a great career (except when he plays against us). I don't think we owe him anything. He came here and did his job. He got paid handsomely for it. It also put him in contention for a starting spot for Chelsea this season. I'm glad it worked out for everyone but it's done so let's move on.

Only because of him I find out what a vlogger is, apart from that, in the words of Midge Ure
He means nothing to me
He means nothing to me
Ohhh Abraham

Ps But thanks for the promotion goals

I have something else to thanking him for. Whilst reading about him I read that his girlfriend is a vlogger, Would never have known what one of those was without him Although it does not sound like a proper job

A career tailor made for a thoughtful, opinionated, photogenic man of integrity such as your goodself Overtly Voluptuous Broad. A man in the Jade Goody mould of celebrity I feel. :grinning: :innocent:

Because we owe him massively. Without Tammy Abraham we would not be in the Prem. He has proven his worth to this club more than many on the full time payroll.

He got paid and raised his profile considerably too, so it was mutually beneficial. He’ll get a nice ripple of applause from me when he comes back to VP, but hopefully now we’re premier league he doesn’t get his 5 chances he needs to score and Mings/Engels force him to lose every ball that comes his way.

He’s as relevant to me as Kyle Walker, Ryan Bertrand & Carlton Cole.

There's a difference between respect and deference. I respect what he helped us achieve, but I think he was right player, right time under DS. Seriously think Wesley is more suited to our needs now and will have the better long term career. Yes polite applause and then get stuck right into him.

I love him and he was loved when he played along with Jack the biggest part in a bang average championship team getting promoted, he was class and I wish him all the luck in the world, especially after that racist shit thrown at him, best striker we had in the last 20 years.

He's leaving a fair few on here with egg on their faces that's for sure. So many on here in June saying they didn't care if we kept him or not and he wasn't very good.