The Summer 2023 Transfer Thread | Page 293 | Vital Football

The Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

Not at £30m though. 50% of that as short term cover for Mings - not overly exciting but I could see the sense in it.

Don't see it happening though - unless it was some low cost loan.
I didn't even consider the money, just from a playing point of view .
But of course the money would need to be very sensible.

As said not saying I want him, not saying it will happen but if by some turn it did I don't think it would be the utter disaster.

Well we won't be needing the Buendia song for a while, so...

Marcos Acuna, From Argentina
He came to Villa, From sunny Spain
He's rather cuddly
He's rather ugly
But he's better than Lucas all day

Marcus Acuna - hes better than Bacuna
Were giving him a Renault Laguna
We want him to growl and bare his teeth
As he shags a little spotty bird from Kings Heath

He does, he's a winner but unlike a lot of players he doesn't take winning for granted, he knows it has to be worked hard for.
There was a little murmur early on in the window about Rodrigo de Paul, came from Emi1 I think. He'd be an exceptional acquisition in my opinion. Basically a central midfielder but, one who is extremely adaptable, able to play all across the midfield. Atletico Madrid would want in excess of 40 million euro for him I think.

I'd love to have him in the side and probably one of the few players out there that replaces everything McGinn brings. The energy, the tenacity, the leadership but also the quality to go with all of that plus a winning mentality. Chap would run through walls for you.

Can't see us having any interest, doesn't suit a high line and Emery's not an idiot.

Watched the Man Utd game on Monday, Maguire seemed really invested, on the bench, warming up on the touchline, seems like he really wants to make his career at Man Utd work and I hope he does.

The new Phil Jones

I'm not worried about Slabhead turning down the hammers. I don't think we are in for another CB. Torres and Carlos will eventually be the partnership going forward. Konsa looked out of sorts at times without his wingman next to him but he will still have a massive part to play over the campaign. With a new looking left side sorted a right back to compete with Cash is a must. No way would we ditch Young otherwise. I would rather focus on that then another winger.

Konsa reminds me of Curtis Davis, a vastly different player without the leader beside them. Konsa's ceiling is based on his own ability to lead. He has to be the player to step up while Mings is out. He has been here almost as long, he has just as much experience as Mings and out of the other defenders should be the one stepping up. Can't help but feel it'll be DC who steps in though.

Konsa reminds me of Curtis Davis, a vastly different player without the leader beside them. Konsa's ceiling is based on his own ability to lead. He has to be the player to step up while Mings is out. He has been here almost as long, he has just as much experience as Mings and out of the other defenders should be the one stepping up. Can't help but feel it'll be DC who steps in though.
Konsa is 5 years younger than Mings and has played the same number or slightly more games. Certainly played many more at CB. I just don't think he's a shouter

100% this.

Is he the top player he gets portrayed as to go to Manure and be the main man ?. No.

Is worth the money paid several years ago?.No.

Should Mr Boring Loser be picking him for England so consistently?. No.

None of the above really his fault.

But for us , where we are, not the Manure expectation from within and the press . Not saying we must go and get him at ql costs but I'm not sure it's actually the big no way disaster that some might think it would be.

Hate to do this.... (!).... but I tend to agree. The money was ridiculous, but no way is he as bad as many make out. And as you say, the money wasn't his fault.