The Summer 2023 Transfer Thread | Page 292 | Vital Football

The Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

Bad news Maguires transfer to West Ham is off
Can't see us having any interest, doesn't suit a high line and Emery's not an idiot.

Watched the Man Utd game on Monday, Maguire seemed really invested, on the bench, warming up on the touchline, seems like he really wants to make his career at Man Utd work and I hope he does.

Can't see us having any interest, doesn't suit a high line and Emery's not an idiot.

Watched the Man Utd game on Monday, Maguire seemed really invested, on the bench, warming up on the touchline, seems like he really wants to make his career at Man Utd work and I hope he does.
I can't blame him he fancies his chances after watching that against Wolves

Damn right I'm "big boned".
south park cartman GIF

So, potentially Digne, Coutinho and Archer on the way out, Acuña, Zaniolo & Felix/Sancho coming in - I've purposely ignored the links to SlabHead.

Stop dicking about Monchi, pull your finger out and get it done. What could possibly go wrong :whist:

Very brave position, Mr Donkey.

I can't remember the last time I disagreed with you on something footballing but there you go.
Is he the top player he gets portrayed as, to go to Manure and be the main man ?. No.

Is worth the money paid several years ago?.No.

Should Mr Boring Loser be picking him for England so consistently?. No.

None of the above really his fault.

But for us , where we are, not the Manure expectation from within and the press. Not saying we must go and get him at all costs but I'm not sure it's actually the big no way disaster that some might think it would be.

Last edited:
much rather LaPorte if we were getting another left sided centrehalf tbh -
he'd come in straightaway as our best starting ch and the others could fight it out.

(don't think we'll be after either tbh)

oh Seville after Borna Sosa (who we were once after apparently) to replace the rolypoly lad (having unbelieveably sent Ludwig out on loan again)

Is he the top player he gets portrayed as to go to Manure and be the main man ?. No.

Is worth the money paid several years ago?.No.

Should Mr Boring Loser be picking him for England so consistently?. No.

None of the above really his fault.

But for us , where we are, not the Manure expectation from within and the press . Not saying we must go and get him at ql costs but I'm not sure it's actually the big no way disaster that some might think it would be.
Is he one of the shittest ***** I've ever seen? Yes.

I'm not worried about Slabhead turning down the hammers. I don't think we are in for another CB. Torres and Carlos will eventually be the partnership going forward. Konsa looked out of sorts at times without his wingman next to him but he will still have a massive part to play over the campaign. With a new looking left side sorted a right back to compete with Cash is a must. No way would we ditch Young otherwise. I would rather focus on that then another winger.