The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 59 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we managed to get Tuanzebe from Man U, we could play a back three, in some games, which would give us the ability to play two forwards in a 3-5-2 formation.
I'd play Tuanzebe-Mings-Hause as the three, with Konza as the holding midfielder alongside Cash and Targett, then a midfield two of Buendia and Grealish and then Abraham and Watkins as a front two, taking it in turns to play one a bit deeper than thplace and Bert looks like a Supe
Yep,current full backs look fine with that set up. Konza certainly quick enough to play the holding midfield role and Ollie may well prosper with more support. Anwar scores enough goals to merit a squad place and Bert looks like a Super sub at best. We have the bones of maybe a top 8 team. Fascinating close season ahead.

I wouldn't be wanting to play on of the best centre halves in the PL out of position tbh.
Agree Sir Dennis but got me thinking about players who successfully, or not changed positions. Lew Chatterley did ok switching from centre half to centre forward. Colin Gibson wide left to left back.Alan Evan's up top to central defender. Gareth Southgate midfielder to centre back. Phil Woosnam was versatile as was Peter Macparland, powerful at number 9 and a goalscoring winger,often in the same game. Dad said Con Martin was versatile but never saw Con play.

Agree Sir Dennis but got me thinking about players who successfully, or not changed positions. Lew Chatterley did ok switching from centre half to centre forward. Colin Gibson wide left to left back.Alan Evan's up top to central defender. Gareth Southgate midfielder to centre back. Phil Woosnam was versatile as was Peter Macparland, powerful at number 9 and a goalscoring winger,often in the same game. Dad said Con Martin was versatile but never saw Con play.

I would hazard a guess that all of those players certainly Evans , Gibson and Southgate weren't as good in their original position.

Konsa is one of the best already , no need to be moving him at all.

I would hazard a guess that all of those players certainly Evans , Gibson and Southgate weren't as good in their original position.

Konsa is one of the best already, no need to be moving him at all.
He's probably too good for a CB sirden could easily play the same game as Rice or Philips , not that we need him too

Konsa is developing into an international centre back. If we were going to play a back three I’d prefer a Konsa , Hause and Mings combination. Rather than another centre back to displace him I’d go for a genuine DM.

Konsa is developing into an international centre back. If we were going to play a back three I’d prefer a Konsa , Hause and Mings combination. Rather than another centre back to displace him I’d go for a genuine DM.

100% agree. Also Deano seems to want to use the DM like a quarterback to pop passes about rather than be a destroyer. I couldnt see it happening

Not saying I agree or disagree with the other lads but... Gareth Barry (LB)

Personally think Hause is good enough for our back three with Konsa, and I’d rather a Berge type 6.5 DM sitting in front controlling the play.

I thought about him but Barry was always earmarked to move into midfield from when we first signed him. Think he may well have been playing there for Brighton before he joined us.
There are the odd exceptions, I never thought Bale would be a striker, but they are a rarity.

The idea of playing Konsa as DM, is that he reads a game pretty well and is mobile and unafraid of making a tackle. Also if both wing/fullbacks got forward at the same time, or one or even two of the central defenders got forward, he'd be very comfortable dropping back and covering any hole left.

Mourinho in for El Ghazi in the summer, Birmingham mail live Can't be bothered to link it, you all know it's click bait

Every time I am ready for the lad to be sold he pops up with his quality. I'd be tempted to give him one more season just to see can he finally hone his ability for more than 4 or 5 games at a time.

8 goals in the premier lge. as a bit part player is pretty great return.

To be fair, considering our head of recruitment Rob McKenzie (formerly at Leicester) is the guy who brought Mahrez and Kante to the Premier League, I for one am willing to give him a chance.

Fair point, he was probably behind the Sanson deal, could be a steal if he lives up to the hype once settled, I’m just not mad keen on a load of French players that’s all, we’ve not got the best track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.