The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 goals and 5 assists for a terrible team this season. I think he's a lot better than a few we have at the very least IMO.

It's one season. What has been doing for the previous seasons he has been a professional?.

We keep doing this.

Its time for proven and proven quality , otherwise we will never hit that next level we all crave.

It's one season. What has been doing for the previous seasons he has been a professional?.

We keep doing this.

Its time for proven and proven quality , otherwise we will never hit that next level we all crave.
In all honestly I'm not sure we can pull off 'proven quality' at this stage, these players cost £50m+ for the most part. It would be nice but I expect us to be making signings more in the Watkins/ Pereira mould (with maybe one or two surprises) this summer. Could be wrong though.

I take your point, Pereira has only done it for a season and there's numerous players like this who have gone on to flop, does look good to me mind.

Do we really want another flash herbert with no substance, as I said yesterday during the match our front 4 are lightweights and I include Watkins, we don't want any more lightweights. we need some physicality in midfield and up front.

Flash Herbert! I love it.

Pereira?.

Good lord.

Are we not looking to push on to break into the top 6. If we are then we really need to be aiming higher then a 25 year old who until this season was a complete unknown who only had a loan move to Nuremberg to his name . And has just been relegated. Was it really that hard to shine in that shit show. .No better than what we have .

He's far better than anything we currently have for that position, personally think he would be a great pick up. I suppose it depends how much we are planning to spend and then realistically who we can attract to join a mid table club who haven't played in Europe for about 11 years.
I'd take Pereira over a sulky Christina Eriksen, who seems disgruntled that Europes elite clubs arent queuing up to sign him. Coutinho would be great but if he's on £250k+ a week then there's probably no chance. Outside of that we are probably looking at someone from Europe who we are hoping can adapt to the PL quickly

In all honestly I'm not sure we can pull off 'proven quality' at this stage, these players cost £50m+ for the most part. It would be nice but I expect us to be making signings more in the Watkins/ Pereira mould (with maybe one or two surprises) this summer. Could be wrong though.

I take your point, Pereira has only done it for a season and there's numerous players like this who have gone on to flop, does look good to me mind.
He could fit in and make a positive addition but at the price that Sandwell will ne asking it could be an expensive risk. In this day and age the scouting network would have picked him up years ago if he was any good and I cannot think that he would have slipped under the radar for that long.

He could fit in and make a positive addition but at the price that Sandwell will ne asking it could be an expensive risk. In this day and age the scouting network would have picked him up years ago if he was any good and I cannot think that he would have slipped under the radar for that long.

He only turned 25 last week, so I wouldnt think he has reached his peak yet. He had a good season last year too, so it's not a flash in the pan IMO.
Pretty sure Mahrez was playing ligue 2 in France until he was about 23, Mane was playing in Austria until a similar age

He only turned 25 last week, so I wouldnt think he has reached his peak yet. He had a good season last year too, so it's not a flash in the pan IMO.
Pretty sure Mahrez was playing ligue 2 in France until he was about 23, Mane was playing in Austria until a similar age
I take your point GGS and these gems are out there. Mahrez and Mane both cost peanuts on their first moves to the PL. We should continue to quote Meatloaf by "looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks" and I totally agree that is a part of Moneyball, but not at £20m to £30m which is the figures quoted for Pereira.
And Meatloaf further warns us that often "there ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a cracker jack box"
We need to be making signings that are not risky and you are getting what you pay for. If Pereira was a couple of million then go for it but he isn't.

I take your point GGS and these gems are out there. Mahrez and Mane both cost peanuts on their first moves to the PL. We should continue to quote Meatloaf by "looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks" and I totally agree that is a part of Moneyball, but not at £20m to £30m which is the figures quoted for Pereira.
And Meatloaf further warns us that often "there ain't no Coupe de Ville hiding at the bottom of a cracker jack box"
Doesn't sound like something Meatloaf would say (as there's usually brackets).

We need to be making signings that are not risky and you are getting what you pay for. If Pereira was a couple of million then go for it but he isn't.
You're right in terms of the right price, it all depends on that doesn't it? £20m wouldn't be bad IMO for a player who has directly contributed 15 goals this season so far.

The loan fee and wages for Barkley is probably pushing that he he has like 1 goal in the last 20.

You're right in terms of the right price, it all depends on that doesn't it? £20m wouldn't be bad IMO for a player who has directly contributed 15 goals this season so far.

The loan fee and wages for Barkley is probably pushing that he he has like 1 goal in the last 20.
Any Stattos who can give comparable stats for Trez, Anwar and Bert.? Many of us,me too, give that trio plenty of stick.But,on reflection, maybe the stats paint a rosier picture.

I know up until very recently at least, Trez was literally the worst finisher in the league, gawd love him. Definitely couldn't level that at either Bert or El Goalzi.

Not sure on Perreira, he looks great in moments but also a bit lightweight and a bit inconsistent to me. If anyone has watched him closely please let me know if that is incorrect, of course.

Our run without Grealish has shown that we need players who can dominate games, not just pop up occasionally with a few good moments every couple of matches, we already have several of those at the club.

I know up until very recently at least, Trez was literally the worst finisher in the league, gawd love him. Definitely couldn't level that at either Bert or El Goalzi.
All 3,particularly Anwar and Bert are capable of sublime moments but are too often off the pace. Credit to all 3,they have contributed and overall, have done ok.

Our run without Grealish has shown that we need players who can dominate games, not just pop up occasionally with a few good moments every couple of matches, we already have several of those at the club.
The problem is those types of players are few and far between, are usually unavailable and the ones that are available cost silly money and are the wrong side of 28.... I look at players like Coutinho, Erikssen and Hazard who have all been that type of player and all have largely failed to kick on at their new clubs. Our remit is likely to continue to be trying to unearth and develop younger players who may or may not become what you speak of.....

Status
Not open for further replies.