The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ward-Prowse would walk into our team and is a lot better than what we have but at the same time I think he'd cost an absolute bomb and I'm put off by that.

Yes, that's the problem with a lot of players, the price. Sadly you can't sign a current England international in his mid 20's for 15m anymore.
It would be nice to be in a position where a player wants to come to Villa because he sees us as a major step up. Our little slump has put pay to that I think.
We'll be back to the Championships finest again in the summer sadly , If we were sitting where West Ham are now it would be a lot easier to cherry-pick from the lower prem teams I feel.

Apart from the occasional free kick what else would Ward-Prowse give us?
You only have to read the comments on a Southampton forum to see what level he's really at. Too soft, cant tackle, lack of pace, too nice seems to be the common theme.
If we are serious about pushing into the top 6 or 7 we need better quality than that. For the money he would cost we could by far better quality from another European league.

You only have to read the comments on a Southampton forum to see what level he's really at. Too soft, cant tackle, lack of pace, too nice seems to be the common theme.
If we are serious about pushing into the top 6 or 7 we need better quality than that. For the money he would cost we could by far better quality from another European league.
Well 8 goals and 6 assists this season, none of our central midfielders are getting anywhere near that. Not that I want him mind.

Well 8 goals and 6 assists this season, none of our central midfielders are getting anywhere near that. Not that I want him mind.

Yes and I think those stats are all some people look at. From the 8 goals he's scored, 4 were from free kicks and 3 were penalties so he's only got 1 from open play.
He reminds me of an Irish left footed magician we loaned out in January who was the topic of many debates on here. If Conor had played every game for us and took penalties I'd think his stats would be similar.
Ward-prowse is another player that you forget is playing until they win a set piece.

Yes and I think those stats are all some people look at. From the 8 goals he's scored, 4 were from free kicks and 3 were penalties so he's only got 1 from open play.
He reminds me of an Irish left footed magician we loaned out in January who was the topic of many debates on here. If Conor had played every game for us and took penalties I'd think his stats would be similar.
Ward-prowse is another player that you forget is playing until they win a set piece.
TBH I don't think his set-pieces were even commented about until the two against us, now everyone is an expert on him. He's got more to his game than the odd freekick. He's a replacement or competition for SJM, he's a grafter a battler far better than he's given credit for. I mentioned him last summer but he's just signed a 5 year deal with his boyhood club, so even if we wanted him he'd probably turn us down

Not a huge fan of Ward-Prowse, as @garygaryshaw put it you often won’t notice him until there’s a set piece.

I’ve always thought of him as a slightly better Hourihane, who I always kind of liked but many didn’t for some fair reasons. That said, I looked up his record on “WhoScored” and he’s rated very highly so maybe there’s something to his game I haven’t noticed

Yep, we don't want another Targett, do we? :throw:

The Rooster (Belotti) rumour has resurfaced. He'd be a damn side cheaper than Tammy at 22-25m..
27 years old.. Still hungry

I'd take Belotti for 22m. Scored plenty of goals for a side in Italy that is normally mid table. Liked the look of him whenever I've seen him.

Belotti has a good goalscoring record in Italy, I'm surprised none of the top Italian teams have snapped him up. He seems to be linked with just about everyone at the moment though, so not sure how much truth is in the rumour

I was in the office today and the lad who's an Everton fan said they are almost certain to sign Max Aarons, Ivan Toney and Philipe Coutinho. He's mates with their physio who texts him any gossip.

I was in the office today and the lad who's an Everton fan said they are almost certain to sign Max Aarons, Ivan Toney and Philipe Coutinho. He's mates with their physio who texts him any gossip.

Going from Brentford’s previous transfers I would have thought they’d be trying to get a bidding war going for Toney.

If we managed to get Tuanzebe from Man U, we could play a back three, in some games, which would give us the ability to play two forwards in a 3-5-2 formation.
I'd play Tuanzebe-Mings-Hause as the three, with Konza as the holding midfielder alongside Cash and Targett, then a midfield two of Buendia and Grealish and then Abraham and Watkins as a front two, taking it in turns to play one a bit deeper than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.