The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 56 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
based on Maguire £80m, Mings must be close and in 2 years Konsa will be too.
Good point,same gym as a Foxes fan when Man U were chasing Maguire and he couldn't believe the fee.(for Maguire, not the gym). Cash used productively and Leicester power on.Our back 5 are looking great. Midfield hit and miss and Ollie needs support big time.

just referring to when Mings ancd Konsa can't get into the first team anymore and become unhappy sitting on the bench

Fair enough. I think Konsa will, or should at least, be England's number 1 cb soon enough. I'd take him over Maguire or Stones certainly.

How Stones plays for Ci£y and England is one of life's mysteries

I remember the first time I saw him in person when he at Everton and he was being hyped up like he was an English Beckenbauer purely because he could pass a ball more than 5 yards without falling over. Benteke absolutely destroyed him and I've seen very little since to change my initial impression. He's Phill Jones but surrounded by better players at City.

How Stones plays for Ci£y and England is one of life's mysteries
Stones gets away with it because city dominate possession and his distribution is good. Andy Gray,Andy Lochhead, Tony Hateley,Peter Withe,Gerry Hitchens ,Keith Leonard and super Sammy Morgan would have had him on toast. Although the red cards would be flowing and VAR would be in meltdown. Bring back proper football lve calmed down now.PS,John Carew and the Doog would have eaten him alive.

Stones gets away with it because city dominate possession and his distribution is good. Andy Gray,Andy Lochhead, Tony Hateley,Peter Withe,Gerry Hitchens ,Keith Leonard and super Sammy Morgan would have had him on toast. Although the red cards would be flowing and VAR would be in meltdown. Bring back proper football lve calmed down now.PS,John Carew and the Doog would have eaten him alive.

Well he couldn't handle Jacob Ramsey without having to try and amputate the poor lads leg.

There appears to be quite a bit on social media about us and Dwight McNeil of Burnley.

Personally, I don't think he's good enough for us and were we're going.

There appears to be quite a bit on social media about us and Dwight McNeil of Burnley.

Personally, I don't think he's good enough for us and were we're going.

I wouldn't mind it. I was really impressed with him when he played against us and have been on a few other occasions when I've not immediately turned a Burnley game off.

I really hope we get someone more exciting than McNeil. It's Burnley.

I wouldn't be massively excited about him as a nailed on starter but a decent player to pad out the squad. He's almost a replacement for Hourihane, not quite as good a peg but not far off.

When I think about him vs. Bert/AEG/Trez its a similar problem. He is probably not of the ability of AEG or Bert but he's certainly far more consistent. I go back and forth with AEG, 8 goals this season as a bit part player with a few good runs of form. At the same time you wouldn't know he's at the club for months on end.

I wouldn't be massively excited about him as a nailed on starter but a decent player to pad out the squad. He's almost a replacement for Hourihane, not quite as good a peg but not far off.

When I think about him vs. Bert/AEG/Trez its a similar problem. He is probably not of the ability of AEG or Bert but he's certainly far more consistent. I go back and forth with AEG, 8 goals this season as a bit part player with a few good runs of form. At the same time you wouldn't know he's at the club for months on end.
I'm hoping Bert's consistency will come in his second season. For his first season as a Prem starter his production's been pretty good and he certainly has a high ceiling.
McNeil as an option? Sure, but we're desperate for a nailed on, high production starter at no.10 as it's the key to our whole system. If there's one position we should push the boat out on financially it's that, as the no.10 acts a multiplier to Jack, Ollie and Bert/whoever's performance when they're firing.

Buendia ain't coming. If Norwich sold him this summer, the support would throw down their ploughs, get off their sisters and riot in the muddy tracks of Norfolk.

Wish I had better non-British football knowledge but I'm sure Lange and others do.

I don't think we'll be buying squad players. I think whoever we buy will be seen as a starting option. The only way to progress is to buy higher quality players. A lot of those suggested aren't.

Most likely be a bit of both. We need another LB and possibly a keeper, but can’t see us replacing Targett or Emi. There are far bigger needs across the squad

As the football world will start to recover next season, this upcoming window could be the last chance to bag some real bargains.

If we're after Tuanzabe he can play both CB and RB. If Targett gets injured Mings can move to LB and Tuanzabe CB. Only problem is if both Targets and Cash are absent.

As the football world will start to recover next season, this upcoming window could be the last chance to bag some real bargains.

I think even next season we'll still get bargains but I agree that this summer is probably the floor.

If there was ever time to raid the Championship and Europe its now.

Status
Not open for further replies.